Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Abu bakr (radiyallahu 'anhu)

Narrated Abu Ad-Darda: While I was sitting with the Prophet, Abu Bakr came, lifting up one corner of h is garment uncovering h is knee. The Prophet said, "Your companion has had a quarrel." Abu Bakr greeted (the Prophet ) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! There was something (i.e. quarrel) between me and the Son of Al-Khattab. I talked to him harshly and then regretted that, and requested him to forgive me, but he refused. This is why I have come to you." The Prophet said thrice, "O Abu Bakr! May Allah forgive you." In the meanwhile, 'Umar regretted (his refusal of Abu Bakr's excuse) and went to Abu Bakr's house and asked if Abu Bakr was there. They replied in the negative. So he came to the Prophet and greeted him, but signs of displeasure appeared on the face of the Prophet till Abu Bakr pitied ('Umar), so he knelt and said twice, "O Allah's Apostle! By Allah! I was more unjust to him (than he to me)." The Prophet said, "Allah sent me (as a Prophet) to you (people) but you said (to me), 'You are telling a lie,' while Abu Bakr said, 'He has said the truth,' and consoled me with himself and his money." He then said twice, "Won't you then give up harming my companion?" After that nobody harmed Abu Bakr.
    *** “O you who are patient! Bear a little more, just a little more remains.”- Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah ***

Comment

Originally posted by Islam4ever110 View Post
      Thank you very much Based on your understanding of this hadith then i have more questions. Who are they? What are their names? What did they do?
      Could you start another thread on this inshallah.
      This thread is about Sahabis, not apostates :jkk:
      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
        About Isa (as) being born 600 years ago yes that would mean Isa (As) is after Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Prophet Muhammad (saw) is the last Prophet so yea..

and Isa (as) can be counted a Companion of the Prophet (pbuh)
        Just to clear any misconceptions. adh-Dhahabi mentioned in 'at-Tajrid fi Asma' as-Sahabah': "'Isa bin Maryam is a Prophet and a Companion since he saw the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم). So, he is the last of the Companions to die."
        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Obviously, i love them all. But either Abu Bakr, Umar or even Musab Ibn Umayr.

Abu Bakr Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu speaks for himself - he's the best of the best - he was the most knowledgeable of the sahaba - the way he handled himself during the war's of apostasy - even though all the other sahaba were pressuring him to bring back the army of Usama , and wondering regarding the ruling of those refusing to pay zakaat - in the end, Abu Bakr's rulings by the blessing of Allah were proven to be the correct ones.

Umar Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu because of his love for this ummah and his unparalleled sense of justice - and when you learn about him and his khilafah - how can 1 not love him and marvel at him as a person?
          Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Ummm..can't decide..

I like Umar (r.a) because he was stern but at the same time didn't make Islam hard on anyone (meaning he kept things easy, but he would still be strict to keep you on the right path). I've never had someone try to be stern in Islam, i'm surrounded by people who take Islam too lightly. So someone like Umar (r.a) would be preferred by me.

Also Uthman (r.a) because of his modesty, and how people tried to take advantage of him at the end of his life but Prophet (saw) had already told him that Allah would give him something and the people would try to snatch it from him, so Uthman (r.a) stayed strong and didn't give up his leadership. I think that's a big role model for the weaker muslims who give up parts of islam for the sake of people.

So either Uthman (r.a) or Umar (r.a). But tbh i'm kind of biased because i haven't read about many others in detail. But i think all Sahaba are like role models for muslims, many of us can relate to them in different ways.

I'm wondering, is there any hadith that speaks about the importance of Sahaba? I know we should love them, but is there anything about taking them as role models? (ofcourse, second to Prophet muhammad (saw))

Comment

Khalid bin Waleed.... nothing more needs to be said.
              ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

K'ab Bin Malik(r.a.) : stayed behind during the battle of Tabuk without any reason. But was truthful about it to the Prophet upon his return. His honestly saved him from the Hell fire
                (story found in Riyad-us-Saliheen thread, it's long)

Away for a bit

Comment

Oh my favourite are the following:

1. Bilal al Habashi (ra) :love:

2. Zaid ibn Harith (ra) :love:

3. Salman al Farsi (ra) :love:

4. Abdullah ibn Salam (ra) :love:

5. Suhaib ar Rumi (ra)
                  :love:

6. Jaban Al Kurdi (ra):love:

But I love the lot. :love:
                  Last edited by Repentant; 17-08-13, 02:35 AM.
                  "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

Originally posted by abc123d View Post
                    Ummm..can't decide..

I like Umar (r.a) because he was stern but at the same time didn't make Islam hard on anyone (meaning he kept things easy, but he would still be strict to keep you on the right path). I've never had someone try to be stern in Islam, i'm surrounded by people who take Islam too lightly. So someone like Umar (r.a) would be preferred by me.

Also Uthman (r.a) because of his modesty, and how people tried to take advantage of him at the end of his life but Prophet (saw) had already told him that Allah would give him something and the people would try to snatch it from him, so Uthman (r.a) stayed strong and didn't give up his leadership. I think that's a big role model for the weaker muslims who give up parts of islam for the sake of people.

So either Uthman (r.a) or Umar (r.a). But tbh i'm kind of biased because i haven't read about many others in detail. But i think all Sahaba are like role models for muslims, many of us can relate to them in different ways.

I'm wondering, is there any hadith that speaks about the importance of Sahaba? I know we should love them, but is there anything about taking them as role models? (ofcourse, second to Prophet muhammad (saw))
                    I find it hard to pick between Abu Bakr as Sideeq (ra) and Uthman (ra). They seem similar. Just like Umar al Farooq (ra) and Ali (ra) seem more similar :masha:
                    "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

Incident of Abdur Rahmaan ibn Awf RA (mujahir) and his brother (chosen by Nabi SAW) when he migrated to madinah Sa'd ibn Ar-Rabi RA (and ari). He said to Abdur rahmaan RA .." I am the richest man among the helpers. I am glad to share half of my property with you. I have two wives, I am ready to divorce one and after the expiry of her Iddah you may marry her." But Abdur rahmaan ibn Awf RA was not prepared to accept anything; neither property nor home. So he blessed his brother and said. " kindly direct me to the nearest market so that I may make my fortune with my own hands." And he did prosper and got married very shortly by his own struggle . Sahih Al Bukhari 1/533

SubhanAllah !!! This was the brotherhood, unity, bond the sahaba RA had which our beloved Nabi Sallahu alayhi wasalaam ... Inculcated in their hearts. May Allah SWT return and unite the hearts of the Muslims once again Ameen.

Shaykh Zahir has done a series of talks on some of the eminent companions .. Find it on YouTube . Fantastic mA

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
                        K'ab Bin Malik(r.a.) : stayed behind during the battle of Tabuk without any reason. But was truthful about it to the Prophet upon his return. His honestly saved him from the Hell fire
                        (story found in Riyad-us-Saliheen thread, it's long)
                        Could you provide the reference for it in Riyad us Saliheen?

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Repentant View Post
                          Could you provide the reference for it in Riyad us Saliheen?

:jkk:
                          :salams ,

Book 1, Chapter 2 (Chapter on Taubah), Hadith 21, If you're checking the thread, it's the last one posted

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by abc123d View Post
                            Ummm..can't decide..

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-of-the-Sahaba
                            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Has to be the Assadullah Ali, because of his heroic feats in battles and how he spent his entire life, from his youth until his death in the service of Islam. One hadith that I always remember:

The Holy Prophet said: "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate; whoever intends to enter the city should come to its gate."

and also: Ibn Abbas heard Umar ibn Khattab saying, "The best judge among us is Ali". [Sahih Bukhari]

Comment

When Abu Bakr (RA) was caliph, after Salat al-Fajr he would go out into the desert. Umar (RA) was curious where he went, so he decided to follow him. He saw Abu Bakr (RA) travel and come to a tent. He went in for a while before making his way back to Medina. Umar (RA) went into the tent and found an old woman there with children. He asked her about her situation; she told him that "I am an old ageing widow who is raising orphan children and I am blind." Umar (RA) then asked her about the man who visited her. She said "I have no idea about his name or who he is. He comes everyday and he cooks the food, kneads the dough, bakes the bread, cleans the tent/house, cleans the clothes, milks the goat and then leaves." Umar (RA) asked if she paid him anything to which she replied, "I have no money." Umar (RA) asked how long he has been doing this and she replied, "a long time." Umar (RA) then left the woman and commented, "You have made it a difficult job for the caliphs after you Abu Bakr!"

abu bakr truly ra was the greatest sahabi ever

Comment

Working...
                                X