Who are your favorite Sahabi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Abu Bakr As-Saddeeq (RA) : Given the title the ''most truthful'', most beloved to the prophet from the sahaba S.A.W, first man to submit to Allah, appointed 1st khalifa, one of the 10 promised Jannah.

Uthmaan Ibn ‘Affaan (RA): among the first believers, married the Prophet's daughters, closest to the prophet S.A.W in character [modesty], gathered and wrote down the Quran, was khalifa, died as a shaheed holding the Quran, among the 10 promised Jannah

Bilal ibn Rabah or Bilal Al-Habeshi (RA): freed slave,among the first believers, first Muezieen, had the most beautiful voice for Izaan, Prophet heard his footsteps ahead of him in Jannah, fell into deep depression following the death of the Prophet S.A.W, gave up doing Azaan shortly after and died at the age of 60.

Beautiful thread.
    Last edited by Rebel101; 16-08-13, 11:39 AM.

Comment

abdurrahman (ra)
      talha (ra)

those tw
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Umar (rd)

Bilal (rd)

and

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd)
        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Spider man View Post
          Isa bin maryam is not a sahabi, he was a prophet born 600 years ago, get your fact right. Go on wikipedia and check it with your ownself.
          Isa(AS) is considered a sahabi. A sahabi is someone who met RasulAllah(SAW) and died on the faith of Islam. Isa (AS) met him on The night journey and he will die on the faith of Islam. That makes him a Sahabi as well as a Prophet.

On Topic: This is Soo hard to Choose. Umar (ra) has always been someone i wish i could meet.But then again, so has been Abu Bakr(ra) , Ali(ra) and Bilal(ra)
          "And thus we have made you a Middle Nation" - Al-Baqarah, Ayat 143.

There are 286 Ayas in Al-Baqarah.

Comment

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) why am I the only one who mentioned her? She is so inspiring Subhanallah dedicated a whole thread to her and Bilal (rd)

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) the first Martyr of Islam and she was a woman never turned away from Islam even when she was being tortured
            Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA), Hazrat Umar (RA), Hazrat Usman (RA), Hazrat Ali(RA), Hazrat 'Umar bin Abdul Aziz (RA) -- the five pious Caliphs of Islam who in reality established the Islamic Welfare State where justice and happiness prevailed.

Syedna Bilal (RA) -- for his extreme love of Allah and his prophet Sallallahu Alaihe Wa Sallam

Mus'ab bin 'Umair -- Whenever prophet Muhammed (صلّی اللہ علیہ وآلہ واصحابہ وسلّم) talked of him, he said "There is nobody more handsome in Makkah than Mus‘ab. There is no person in the city better clothed and fed than Mus‘ab. There is no child brought up with more affection and love than him." and he sacrificed all of this in pursuit of Allah's pleasure.

Hazrat Abu Zar Ghaffari (RA) -- He had exclusive right to call Prophet as "Ya Habibi", He asked a lot of questions (cute), always spoke truth and blatant truth.. in Tabuk, he had a very weak camel so he left it and walked all the way to meet Prophet and other companions. People reported to Prophet that Abu Zar is coming on foot. He said:
              "May Allah have mercy upon Abu Dharr! He is walking alone, Lonely will he live, lonely will he die and lonely will he be resurrected. (A group of strangers from Iraq will take care of his funeral and bury him) in another narration." O Allah! It tore my heart!

When world opened its bounties to Muslims and they started living in luxury, he feared that love of dunya will soon engulf and deaden their hearts. He openly warned people about the vanity of this world. Because of his outspoken behaviour he was sent to Damascus. It was worse there. People were building palaces for themselves and living in luxury. He realized that all that was a far cry from the Islamic heritage that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) had given to the community. He built a hut out of blankets on the outskirts of the city and began living in that with his family.
              One day as Abu Zar was openly criticizing Muawiyah by name in the mosque, one person bent over and whispered in his ear: "What are you saying against the ruler? Be afraid of his wrath." Abu Zar turned to him and said:" My friend (meaning the Prophet Muhammad (saw)) had advised me to speak the truth at all times even if it is bitter, and not to be afraid of any critic in truth's path. I pray to Allah: O Allah, I ask your protection against cowardice, save me from being miserly, I do not wish for long life, I ask Allah's forgiveness from this world and the Hellfire in the other world. Then he said: "People are preparing various kinds of food, then they take medicine to digest that food (so that they can eat even more). The Prophet Muhammad (saw) passed on and he never took his fill with two meals in any one day. When he ate dates he would not take bread that day. The people of the House of the Prophet never ate barley bread for three contiguous days, until the Prophet Muhammad (saw) met up with his Lord. Many times months would change and no fire would burn in his kitchen."
              Someone asked: "How did he then survive?" Abu Zar replied, 'he would eat dates and then take a drink of water. Man needs only enough food so that he keeps his strength. Never eat to your fill, because that creates laziness and lethargy. It destroys your body and brings illness and disease. Live a moderate life.'

Abu Zar asked Uthman to let him go to Al-rabathah. During the last moments of his life, his daughter said to him, "I am alone in this part of the country and I am afraid that I will not be able to protect you from the wild beasts." Abu Zar replied: "Do not be afraid, in a few moments some believing men would arrive here, do you see someone approaching?" The daughter replied: "Yes, I see some riders approaching."
              Hazrat Abu Zar Ghaffari (Radhiallahu Anhu) said: "Allahu Akbar, Allah and his Prophet Muhammad (saw) are really truthful. Turn my face towards the Qibla. When these riders arrive here, say my Salam to them. When they are done with my funeral rites, have this goat slaughtered for them and tell them that I have asked them under oath not to leave without eating a meal."

Khalid bin Waleed (RA) -- Sword of Allah -- Never fell in battle.. extremely loyal to whatever commands he received from Prophet and Caliphs
              Qa'qa' bin 'amr (RA) -- "No army can be defeated if its ranks possess the likes of this man." (Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A.)
              'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar(RA) and Ibn 'Abbas(RA) -- Rabbani and Habar of this nation...

and it goes on and on!!! As soon as I remember more , I will post. Sweet Sweet thread. JazakAllahu Khair!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
                Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) why am I the only one who mentioned her? She is so inspiring Subhanallah dedicated a whole thread to her and Bilal (rd)

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) the first Martyr of Islam and she was a woman never turned away from Islam even when she was being tortured
                That's the purpose of this thread, there are many we don't know, we each know and look up to a certain few.
                Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
                  That's the purpose of this thread, there are many we don't know, we each know and look up to a certain few.
                  I wonder if anyone knows Julaybib (rd) The ugly Sahaba (hate calling him that)

Comment

One of the most beautiful stories. I would recommend everyone to read about him(ra).
                    Use this for a start : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0faaRIW1bJo
                    "And thus we have made you a Middle Nation" - Al-Baqarah, Ayat 143.

There are 286 Ayas in Al-Baqarah.

Comment

Someone did mention him post # 11
                      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Not a sahabi, but a tabi'i I think.

Abu Muslim Al Khawlani.

It is recorded by Sheikh Aa'id Abdullah al-Qarni that Al Aswad al Ansi, was a man in Yemen who claimed prophethood. His army captured the tabi, Abu Muslim al Khawlani. Al Aswad al Ansi asked Abu Muslim al Khawlani to believe in him and testify that he is a messenger. Abu Muslim responded by saying: "I can't hear a thing." Al Aswad al Ansi asked Abu Muslim al Khawlani a second time, he received the same response "I can't hear you!"

Al Aswad al `Ansi ordered firewood to be prepared and lit a huge bonfire. Abu Muslim al Khawlani was tied up by rope and then thrown in to the fire. Abu Muslim al Khawlani said: Hasbuna'Llah wa ni`mal wakeel (Allah is sufficient for us and He is the best Protector" - the words that Muslims believe the prophet Ibrahim said when he was thrown in fire), so Allah made the fire cool and safe for him. All that burnt was the rope (subhanallah!).

Al Aswad al Ansi's advisors told him that this man is not a normal person and he will be a fitna for us, so he should be banned from Yemen. Abu Muslim al Khawlani was told to leave the land. He then travelled to Al Madinah Al Munawarah. He reached Madinah and entered Masjid an Nabwi. Abu Bakr and Umar radhiallah anhuma were seated in the masjid. Umar bin khattab stood up, approached this stranger (who he'd never seen before) and said, "Tell me about the man who was thrown in to the fire?" He said, "His name is Abu Muslim al Khawlani." Umar said, "Tell me, are you not that man?" He replied "Yes!"

Umar radhiallah anhu then said, "Praised be to Allah who allowed me to live and see a man who has performed the same action as Nabi Ibrahim alayi salam."
                        There is rest only in the aakhira.
                        Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                        and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                        then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                        That's right, a nude dog.
                        The Deepweb is disgusting.
                        - Unknown -

Links
                        The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                        Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Lets see Wahshy ibn Harb his story is just wow I can't even begin to put words to his story. From killing Hamza (rd) to becoming a Muslim and ighting with the Muslims.

Comment

Abu Bakar (ra) the one with strong character, very dearly to prophet (pbuh), but he was also easy to weep. Masha Allah strong character but soft heart. How many persons can be like that? He was also the one who rushed to do good deeds.

Umar bin Khattab (ra) I admired his marriage advices. One day someone came to him because he couldnt stand with his wife. But before entering Umar's house, he heard that Umar's wife was angry with him but Umar kept silent. Umar said to that man, she was my wife, who cooked my food, washed my clothes. How could I not be patient with her? Subhanallah. How many leaders are now able to treat their wives like that?

Makes me thinking why is it so little source of information regarding shahabas' wives?

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
                              I'm pretty sure he is still a sahabi.

A Sahabi is anyone who was Muslim and met the Prophet and died as a Muslim
                              Incorrect. It's a companion of Rasulullah :saw:
                              "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein" ~ Holy Quran

Comment

Originally posted by Spider man View Post
                                Isa bin maryam is not a sahabi, he was a prophet born 600 years ago, get your fact right. Go on wikipedia and check it with your ownself.
                                Rasulullah :saw: is the last Prophet to ever visit mankind and he was with us 1,400 years ago.
                                How could Isa ibn Maryam be born after him? (may peace and blessings be upon him.)
                                "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein" ~ Holy Quran

Comment

Working...
                                X