Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

When the prophet (SAW) said: there is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab?

Why you believe that everyone who doesn't accept the tafdhil (superiority) of the Arab race, is a deviant and innovator, when you are giving precedence to Salafis scholars' rulings over the rulings of the prophet (SAW)? Why hasn't the superiority of the Arab race ever mentioned in the Quran or authentic hadiths?

Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) was of the opinion that Arabs ARE SUPERIOR (Afdal) than Non-Arabs and he claimed that this was the view that was held by the MAJORITY of the scholars – ‘Al-Jamhoor’- .

He wrote: “And the MAJORITY of scholars are of the opinion that the Arab species is better (Afdal) than the Non-Arab (species) just as the nation of Quraish is better (Afdal) than the Non-Qurai****e nations and (just as) the nation of Bani Haashim is better (Afdal) than the Non-Bani Haashim (nations).” Majm’u Al-Fataawa 19/29

Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) wrote:

“Verily, what Ahlul Sunnah is upon: Is the BELIEF (I’tiqaad) that the Arab race is better (Afdal) then the Non-Arab race. Whether (the Non-Arabs) are Hebrews, Aramaic, Romans, Persians and other than them…”. Iqtidaa As-Siraatil-Mustaqeem 2/419

Abu Muhammad, Harb ibn Ismail ibn Khalaf Al-Kirmaany (died 280 – ra) who was one of the students and companions of Imaam Ahmed (ra) also mentioned this point when he wrote about the descriptions and BELIEFS of the PEOPLE OF THE SUNNAH.

Shiekh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) said:

“Know that the Ahaadith (that show) the superiority of Quraish and then the superiority of Bani Haashim are numerous and this is not the place (to gather all of them) but they also prove this (superiority of the Arab over Non-Arabs).

And this is due to the fact that the relationship of Quraish to the Arabs is just like the relationship of the Arabs to the rest of the people (i.e. Qurai****es are superior to Non-Qurai****es and the Arabs are superior to Non-Arabs). Verily Allah the Most High has designated the Arabs and their language with ‘Ahkaam’ that are peculiar and unique.

And then He preferred Quraish over the rest of the Arabs in what He has given them of prophecy and other than that from the ‘Khasaais’ (unique and peculiar qualities)”. Iqtidaa As-Siraat-il-Mustaqeem 2/431

Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) also said:

“…The superiority of the Arab race and then (the superiority of) Quraish and then (the superiority of) Bani Haashim, is not simply due to the fact the Prophet (peace be upon him) is from them – even though this is (a point) of superiority – but instead, they themselves are superior within themselves“. Iqtidaa As-Siraatil-Mustaqeem 2/420

Source: http://singularvoice.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/salafi-imam-we-must-believe-arabs-are-master-race/

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

we dont need to focus so much on trivial issues. It will just be a breeding ground for the racists.

Comment

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Originally posted by noobz View Post
      we dont need to focus so much on trivial issues. It will just be a breeding ground for the racists.
      I would just like to see the answers of the Salafis in response to these rulings by their scholars, nothing else. Preferably, non-Arab salafis. I can understand why an Arab would be a salafi, as it pushes their agenda of being a master race, but a non-Arab salafi supporting this is quite the circumstance...

Comment

dident we just have a huge thread bout this?
        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Arabs preferred over other nations
          http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=9427&CATE=1

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
            That looks like something directly out of mein-kampf.

And if it is obligatory to accept the superiority of the Arab race, why hasn't the prophet (SAW) said anything on the matter? Is this not an act of taking scholars as your lords, when Allah (SWT) and his messenger (SAW) have already ruled on this and that there is no superiority?

Comment

Originally posted by Literacy View Post
              I would just like to see the answers of the Salafis in response to these rulings by their scholars, nothing else. Preferably, non-Arab salafis. I can understand why an Arab would be a salafi, as it pushes their agenda of being a master race, but a non-Arab salafi supporting this is quite the circumstance...
              although i dont class myself as a salafi , as i can remember there were jewish prophets and jesus was not an arab if im not mistaken.

Its not like we salafis just believe everything some1 says even it be a scholar. I like to check the viewpoint of all different scholars with the evidence they bring forth required that the issue is accompanied by facts from the Quran and Sunnah

And maybe jz maybe that fatwa by Ibn Taymiyah(rah) was given during the war with the tartars to raise the moral of his army ....

Comment

scholars ain't infallible.

second, someone who knows arabic needs to verify this from the original text and see the context.
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Literacy View Post
                  That looks like something directly out of mein-kampf.

And if it is obligatory to accept the superiority of the Arab race, why hasn't the prophet (SAW) said anything on the matter? Is this not an act of taking scholars as your lords, when Allah (SWT) and his messenger (SAW) have already ruled on this and that there is no superiority?
                  mayb u dont get the view they are saying from. maybe u do

i take scholars before laymen opinions

Comment

its a valid question, can someone post the answer?
                    Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

This guy is firing loaded statements and you lot are accepting being the target.

The superiority of the Arabs over the non-Arabs is purely and simply because of their connection with Sayyiduna Rasulullah :saw: and every believer knows that everything that has a nisbat with Sayyiduna Rasulullah :saw: is elevated because of this.

The thread starter is taking european concepts of superior races and applying them where they don't apply. The Nazi concept of superior race also included a dehumanisation of the non-Aryan. The Hindu caste system is similar where the invading eurasians dehumanised the dark-skinned locals. and similarly with the Jews and their gentiles.

Our Islam does nothing of the sort. The non-Arab can excel and surpass an Arab, an Arab can excel and surpass a non-Arab. Their ultimate value is on their taqwa.
                      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Agree with Medievalist.

Comment

lets look at this another way...

my family, is in no way shape or form equivlent to the family of Rasoolullah (saws),

that is not to say every syed is good or guided or destined for jannah, far from it - met one or two in my time who were right fruit cakes and upon clear kufr akbar, one not even believing he had to pray salaat. but they have an extra advantage and therefore also an extra trust from Allah over me.

same with the people of the Prophet Muhammad (saws), who also have the added advantage of being born into arab speaking families so making it easier to learn the deen.

and btw... lets not make this a salafi - non salafi thing, many ulema hold this opinion including many classical ulema such as imam shafi and imam abu hanifa.
                          Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

"Fas-aloo ahladh dhikri in kuntum laa ta'lamoon."

" So Ask the People of the Reminder (ie Scholars) if you do not know" Quran 16:43

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                              That makes sense.

Banu Hashim has been preferred over the other clans of Quraish. This can be seen by the Prophet (saw) and the Mahdi coming from Banu Hashim.

And Quraish has been preferred to the other Arab tribes. This can be seen from it being sunnah for the Caliph to come from Quraish. Did any of the other Arab tribes shout 'racist' because of this? Of course not.

Similarly the Arabs have been preferred over the non-Arabs. This can be seen by them having the honour of the Quran being revealed in their language and them having the honour of forming the bulk of the Sahaba (ra).

This probably sums it up from that article:

Therefore the preference of Arabs over other nations, and the preference of some Arabs over other Arabs is affirmed in the Sacred Law. Allah has even preferred some months over other months and some days and nights of over others, as well as places. So in the same way, Allah Glorious and Exalted is He, has chosen some men over others, such as the prophets over others and even some prophets over other prophets.

I remember brother Hamza89 mentioning in the other (deleted) thread on this that it has to do with virtues.

You have to look at it in context.

Med has made a good point that the OP is trying to paint this is as a 'master race' argument when its not. Our worth is determined by our piety. An non-Arab can surpass an Arab and an Arab can surpass a non-Arab.

Comment

Working...
                              X