Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

I think people are just arguing for two completely different things. Most non-Arabs aknwoledge the the aquired superiority by Arabs.

The ones that do complain are just ignorant about how it works and assume its all inherent and racial superiority.

Again the prpblem here is the typical non-Arab probably has no idea that he would be considered Arab by classical scholars if he was fluent and followed Arab tradition.

All this problem lies in defining race and ethnicity the same way the kuffar does it.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
      I think you should also avoid the books of Ibn Hajar al-Haythami. He wrote a whole book called فضل العرب والنهي عن بغضهم in which he collected hadiith related to the superiority of the Arabs.

You should also avoid reading books by Ibn Qutaybah [that is if you ever get to know who he is] as he wrote a book called فضل العرب والتنبيه على علومها

You should avoid reading the books by Imaam al-'IraaQi as he wrote a book called محجة القرب في فضل العرب

That is a list of a few scholars you should avoid. I will update the list with more classical scholars and contemperary ones who were not Salafi yet said the Arabs were superiror so you can avoid them.

Finally, you should also avoid reading Imaam al-Nawawi as Ibn Hajar al-asqalaani and al-Shawkaani have shown that he has claimed Ijmaa on an issue when there was none.
      1) "فضل" does not mean superiority. Allah uses the same word in surah 4:95. In Surah 4:95, Allah preferred the mujahideen because of their actions, not their ethnicity.

2) I will no longer respond to you or people like you. I trying to offend you but you have jahiliyya love for Ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by Calender121438 View Post
        1) "فضل" does not mean superiority. Allah uses the same word in surah 4:95. In Surah 4:95, Allah preferred the mujahideen because of their actions, not their ethnicity.

2) I will no longer respond to you or people like you. I trying to offend you but you have jahiliyya love for Ibn Taymiyyah.
        Huh? What? Wasn't it confirmed earlier that Even Imam Shafii and Imam Hanifa said the same thing? can somebody clarify this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Calender121438 View Post

Dude no ethnicity is superior than another but the Arabs have aquired superiority with Arabic and thus understanding of deen. You should Accept this.

You should instead focus on improving your Arabic and Sunnah. Once you have mastery of the language and Practice. You Are basically an Arab according to ibn taymiyah.

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
            ibn Taymiyah.

Was gonna neg you again, but no more negs left. smdh.
            Ibn taymeya...??!
            إذا هبَّت رياحك فاغتنمها ** فعقبى كل خَافِقَةٍ سكونُ

Comment

Originally posted by Abu-Sufyaan View Post
              Ibn taymeya...??!
              on my neg list.

Comment

Again the prpblem here is the typical non-Arab probably has no idea that he would be considered Arab by classical scholars if he was fluent and followed Arab tradition.
                Exuse me, can you tell me where did you get this from?

Comment

Who are those "classical scholars"?

Comment

on my neg list.
                    Lol

Seems you have huge knowledge to argue about what you believe...

Comment

• Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Lol

Seems you have huge knowledge to argue about what you believe...
                      Racist...

Comment

• Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Exuse me, can you tell me where did you get this from?
                        You are a huge problem in this ummah. Id slap your face if i ever see you IRL you racist prick. Negging you on sight frm no on. Go practice your racism somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                          I think you should also avoid the books of Ibn Hajar al-Haythami. He wrote a whole book called فضل العرب والنهي عن بغضهم in which he collected hadiith related to the superiority of the Arabs.

You should also avoid reading books by Ibn Qutaybah [that is if you ever get to know who he is] as he wrote a book called فضل العرب والتنبيه على علومها

You should avoid reading the books by Imaam al-'IraaQi as he wrote a book called محجة القرب في فضل العرب

That is a list of a few scholars you should avoid. I will update the list with more classical scholars and contemperary ones who were not Salafi yet said the Arabs were superiror so you can avoid them.

Finally, you should also avoid reading Imaam al-Nawawi as Ibn Hajar al-asqalaani and al-Shawkaani have shown that he has claimed Ijmaa on an issue when there was none.
                          1) I meant NOT trying to offend you, I want the best for you.

2) Please also read this thread: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ic-communities

Comment

Chill guys.

About this issue, I remember seeing some post (he/she) worded it well.
                            Its more of definitions really. The moment you mention superior, its more understood in the sense of power/higher authority etc.

Arabs are not "superior" to Arabs in general. This idea may have an negative effect on the society of the ummah as a whole. yes we can't deny that majority of the scholars from back then till now are mostly Arabs. but that doesnt meant they are superior.

The last sermon by Prophet sums it perfectly well.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.

Perhaps there is further explanation to Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) 's discourse. Or he meant it in a different way.

In my opinion superior, I think its more of traits. Like speciality that was given to them.
                            But I think it only applies to the lineage of Rasullulah is of Arab descent, no matter where they are right now. Inter-racial marriages occur. They will still be half-Arabs in that case.
                            Perhaps they are not just residing in Arabic countries, they have gone to other countries.
                            And I believe they are given special traits by Allah (whether they realise or not) like ability of memorise etc.
                            There are also the lineages of the sahabah. They are all mostly Arabs too. Arabs back then are not like the Arabs now. Things have changed.

Come to think of it, The lineage of the enemies of Islam from back then? They were Arabs too. And their descendants today still exists.
                            but that doesn't mean the whole generation is enemies of Islam.

One thing Arabs are superior is their knowledge in teaching Islam is always at the top.
                            Has and always been that way for centuries,decades. And there is no issue on that matter.

I may be wrong in these statements. Forgive me. Wallahu'alam.

I was also interested and wondering why this comparison happens.
                            Anyone? Would like to see more of the reasons.
                            Been looking around threads and even in other websites, it seems like there are similar discussions taking place.

Comment

1) My last post in here: I am a Muslim because of the Quran. I could careless about what any "scholar" says about this.

2) Islam is not about worshiping Ibn Taymiyyah or any other "scholar". If it was, I would have left Islam a long time ago: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ikhs(Reminder)
                              Last edited by Calender121438; 23-09-17, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
                                Chill guys.

About this issue, I remember seeing some post (he/she) worded it well.
                                Its more of definitions really. The moment you mention superior, its more understood in the sense of power/higher authority etc.

Arabs are not "superior" to Arabs in general. This idea may have an negative effect on the society of the ummah as a whole. yes we can't deny that majority of the scholars from back then till now are mostly Arabs. but that doesnt meant they are superior.

The last sermon by Prophet sums it perfectly well.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.

Perhaps there is further explanation to Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) 's discourse. Or he meant it in a different way.

In my opinion superior, I think its more of traits. Like speciality that was given to them.
                                But I think it only applies to the lineage of Rasullulah is of Arab descent, no matter where they are right now. Inter-racial marriages occur. They will still be half-Arabs in that case.
                                Perhaps they are not just residing in Arabic countries, they have gone to other countries.
                                And I believe they are given special traits by Allah (whether they realise or not) like ability of memorise etc.
                                There are also the lineages of the sahabah. They are all mostly Arabs too. Arabs back then are not like the Arabs now. Things have changed.

Come to think of it, The lineage of the enemies of Islam from back then? They were Arabs too. And their descendants today still exists.
                                but that doesn't mean the whole generation is enemies of Islam.

One thing Arabs are superior is their knowledge in teaching Islam is always at the top.
                                Has and always been that way for centuries,decades. And there is no issue on that matter.

I may be wrong in these statements. Forgive me. Wallahu'alam.

I was also interested and wondering why this comparison happens.
                                Anyone? Would like to see more of the reasons.
                                Been looking around threads and even in other websites, it seems like there are similar discussions taking place.
                                Read the thread. One of the brothers posted what ibn Taymiyyah said in full (saying this because you're wondering)

Comment

Working...
                                X