Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Originally posted by myidea View Post
    I was always told to love Arabs etc because Prophet Muhammed s.a.w was an Arab, that i can understand that, althought i dont agree that with excusing every Arab state and Arab person, i can also understand Prophet Muhammed was the best of creation, and the people around him were the best (Majority Arabs, some Non Arabs), and that his linage is among the best, finally the empthases of prophet Muhammed s.a.w in his last sermon pretty much somes it up, i think it clears things up in regards to what concerns us (religion) that in terms of Islam we are equal and taqwa is what matters.

BUT....while doing my research, i came across somthing, i wont share here.

but is it true, if an Arab girl marries a Non Arab, the marriage is Invalid according to some/most ulama? :S

Does that mean id have to reject any potentails on that basis? because they are an Arab girl :S

(Can someone who knows what they talking about answer people)
    Yes, it's true. Well according to the classical scholars. It is greatly disliked at best and at worst, haram. I personally have no problem with this, doesn't bother me.

Comment

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

assalamu alaykum

'literacy' whatever issues you have got with shaykul islam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullah, you better put them aside, because you will never be on that level
      http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
        assalamu alaykum

'literacy' whatever issues you have got with shaykul islam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullah, you better put them aside, because you will never be on that level
        Because he was an Arab, and I'm a non-Arab? Right? Arabs are innately superior, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Literacy View Post
          Because he was an Arab, and I'm a non-Arab? Right? Arabs are innately superior, after all.
          ok
          http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Um no they're not. :S

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
              Um no they're not. :S
              According to Ahlus Sunnah, you're an innovator.

Comment

According to Ahlus Sunnah, you're an innovator.
                Brother i think that is abit over the top, you might disagree with certain scholars on certain issues, but i wouldnt let it get to your imaan and pride.

Comment

Who is Ibn Taymiyyah?

OP, you a salafi?
                  "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
                    Who is Ibn Taymiyyah?

OP, you a salafi?
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Taymiyyah

Some people like him, some hate him, controversial figure in that sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
                      Who is Ibn Taymiyyah?

OP, you a salafi?
                      An eminent Scholar of the past that believed Arabs were superior to non-Arabs, and anyone who doesn't accept this is branded an innovator and a deviant.

And no, I'm not a Salafi.

Comment

Originally posted by myidea View Post
                        Brother i think that is abit over the top, you might disagree with certain scholars on certain issues, but i wouldnt let it get to your imaan and pride.
                        You're right. I am letting emotion cloud my judgment. Yes, I do disagree with the scholars on several ruling, but according to many on this thread I am a kaffir for doing so.

What I've been trying to ask, granted poorly, is if Ibn Taymiyyah and the other classical scholars have concrete evidence from the Quran and sunnah to back their rulings?

Comment

An eminent Scholar of the past that believed Arabs were superior to non-Arabs, and anyone who doesn't accept this is branded an innovator and a deviant.

And no, I'm not a Salafi.
                          The rasul saw said that no arab is superior to a non-arab and no non-arab is superior to an arab except in taqwa and that is enough for me. Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah is not of higher authority than the noble prophet saw. and no scholar is perfect. if they say things which go againt the quran and sunnah then we simply don't accept what they say. may allah have mercy on him and reward him for his noble works and where he made errors may allah forgive him ameen.

Comment

original arabic anybody?
                            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

You're right. I am letting emotion cloud my judgment. Yes, I do disagree with the scholars on several ruling, but according to many on this thread I am a kaffir for doing so.

What I've been trying to ask, granted poorly, is if Ibn Taymiyyah and the other classical scholars have concrete evidence from the Quran and sunnah to back their rulings?
                              I think we all accept prophet Muhammed s.a.w was the best of Man, and his lineage is the best? Prophets Muhammed s.a.w sunnah, in regards to his last sermon about equality in taqwa and like a brother mentioned his marriage of a non Arab Sahaba (racially) to an Arab women Sahabi speaks for itself I think.

Not every scholar that came later was void from politics, all had fare share of it, I disagree with certain scholars, who have said very borderline if not racist things about Turks, Tartars and Persians for example, whom mainly Salafis follow, and yes many people advocate these things still, it comes from Arabs as well as Non Arabs. Advocators of nationalism and its ideologies will eventually fall. Let nationalist and people with identity issues dwell on that themselves.

I don’t think that should take any love away from the average Muslim Arab or Muslim non Arab. Or that we should develop a hate for a certain people, based on racial lines.

Comment

Did they even ban you for calling Ibn Taymiyyah a racist and accusing him of jahilia last time you dabbled in this topic? Your motive here isn't to learn the answer to a justified question, that much is clear. Other people have answered you amply enough, all that's missing from this thread is the original arabic texts of reasoning from the book by Ibn T, some of which I actually provided and translated last time. But you're not interested in that are you?

Now hit me back with "only Allah knows my intentions", why don't you

Comment

Working...
                                X