Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
    no you buffon racist. You Explicilty said Arabs are superior even if taqwa is equal. Get your racist trash out of here. If i see you IRL am bcertianly going to slap your face you liar.
    you know what..

I regret that I entered this forum and talked to someone like you who saying this because we disagreed on a issue of fiqh.- I still believe there'no ikhtilaf in this issue tho-

btw slapping face is haram if you know that.
    إذا هبَّت رياحك فاغتنمها ** فعقبى كل خَافِقَةٍ سكونُ

Comment

Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      What does that even mean? Better how? What does better mean? Throwing ambiguous words around won't bring us anywhere. State your beliefs explicitly.

What are the results of this supposed 'betterness'? What are the effects?
      Allahu A'lam
      Some scholars mentioned it, but really only Allah knows, there is no clear daleel telling us the hikmah, for example Ibn Taymiyyah said they have a better understanding and more intellect, but even he said Allah knows best

We must be clear though that it in no way means Allah likes Arab muslims more than non Arab Muslims, rather Allah loves the one with more taqwa the most
      ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by As-Suhoobiyah View Post
        When Hulagu Khan conquered Baghdad, he mass killed arab men and mass violated their women infront of them. Even after the eventual disintegration of Mongols, arabs were ruled over by Tukrs.

Right today Syrian arab women are selling their bodies for cash in refugee camps.

Doesn't seem like "elevation" to me.

(Most surely We will support Our messengers and those who believe, in this life, and on the Day the witnesses arise) 40/51

And Muslims are being killed Every time everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
          May Allah grant me sincerity. I have shortcomings in both my personality and knowledge.
          Off topic.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by abufulaans View Post
            Allahu A'lam
            Some scholars mentioned it, but really only Allah knows, there is no clear daleel telling us the hikmah, for example Ibn Taymiyyah said they have a better understanding and more intellect, but even he said Allah knows best

We must be clear though that it in no way means Allah likes Arab muslims more than non Arab Muslims, rather Allah loves the one with more taqwa the most
            So Arabs are 'better' but we have no clue what that even means or signifies, but yeah they're superior and better. Got it.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

So Arabs are 'better' but we have no clue what that even means or signifies, but yeah they're superior and better. Got it.
              You didn't answer my question about the khilafah..

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                no you buffon racist. You Explicilty said Arabs are superior even if taqwa is equal. Get your racist trash out of here. If i see you IRL am bcertianly going to slap your face you liar.
                What does he mean by superior
                You don't even know what he means by superior yet you call him racist akhi
                Last edited by abufulaans; 23-09-17, 06:30 PM.
                ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Yes there is no clear daleel, just like we don't know why quraysh deserve khilaafah
                  Son, Allah chooses whoever he wills

Comment

[MENTION=3349]AbuNajm[/MENTION]

The Arabic language in present times being superior I have no problems due to the Quran but that opens up the can of worms with regards to "hebrew" which several more scriptures were written in. You have not provided any proof of the 'unchoosing' of the Isrealites from the Quran or Sunnah which you stated.

We know what the Arabic culture in Jaahiliya was and how primitive and backward to the point they buried their own daughters alive and much more vile stuff mentioned in the Quran/Sunnah, some of these things (burying daughter alive) no other recorded nation did this heinous crime.

However it was Islam that reformed that decadent Jaahili culture, hence when you talk about Arabic culture post Jaahiliya I and many others see that as an Islamic culture that one should imitate, the same way if I am imitating the Prophet, I am not imitating Arab culture but the very best of Islamic culture/etiquette/characters that is pleasing to Allah.

This has nothing to do with "Arab" culture or any other culture whatsoever, this is the very essence of Islam. We know the Prophet wore "Persian overgarment" , the Hibrah Yemeni cloak (Yemen was ruled by the people from the Horn of Africa during the time of the Prophet for a 1000 or so years), in fact the hadith states most of the garments came from there, as well qitaabi fabric imported Syria/Egypt worn by Copts.

Imitating him is not imitating Arabic culture but Islam, I don't know why you are conflating these two, I would wear a Khamiis because the Prophet loved it, not because the Arab's worse it, in fact the Khamiis was not new to the Arabs at all, many different nations that preceded it wore it, the proof is in the pudding because of were they imported them from.

https://islamqa.info/en/126692

Comment

Originally posted by Abu-Sufyaan View Post
                      You didn't answer my question about the khilafah..
                      This thread is not about that.

Comment

Originally posted by abufulaans View Post
                        Yes there is no clear daleel, just like we don't know why quraysh deserve khilaafah
                        Son, Allah chooses whoever he wills
                        Chooses for what? My question is not why, it is what. Stop mixing the two things up. I am not asking why are Arabs better. I am asking in what way are they better.

Comment

Chooses for what? My question is not why, it is what. Stop mixing the two things up. I am not asking why are Arabs better. I am asking in what way are they better.
                          Generally.

Comment

This thread is not about that.
                            Ok I asked this question because it has somehow a relationship with the topic we are talking about here.

Comment

Clearly it is due to the honour of having the final Messenger / revelation in their language.

We are forced to follow someone born to their women (AS) , and learn their language ..

Do you know how huge of an honour that is? An Arab was chosen by God. Not a Greek , not a Roman , not a persian , not a Hindi.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu-Sufyaan View Post
                                Generally.
                                So they will get better ranks in Jannah? Or they deserve more respect in this dunya? Or you cant marry them if you are non Arab?

Comment

Working...
                                X