Admixture of Ge'ez in Prophetic Speech/ Old Hejazi Arabic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question? Admixture of Ge'ez in Prophetic Speech/ Old Hejazi Arabic

Does anyone know more about this subject?

I ask as I find it interesting that RasulAllah Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam made use of Abysinnian (Ge'ez) terminology in certain Ahadith e.g. a famous example being, "Harj," for killing (Bukhari, Kitab al-Fitan). There are other examples too. Just thinking about it, there could be numerous reasons for this - the presence of Abysinnian slaves in pre-Islamic Arabia after the attempt to invade the Kaaba, the Muhajirun who went to Abysinnia and their interaction with the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam to even the fact that the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam himself was introducing these words into the Arabic language (and Allah can teach His noble slave whatever He wills) for a purpose that may be related to teaching of the message (many Abysinnians around), to even the future of the Ummah(?)

So if any brothers or sisters know more about this topic, I would be interested in learning more.
    Amir ul-Muminin Sayyiduna Ali KarramAllahu Wajhah said,
    "Mahma tasawwarta bi-balik, fallahu bi-khilaf dhalik,"
    Whatever comes into your mind, Allah is other than that,

Al-Aqeedah Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (Riwayah Abu Bakr al-Khallal),
    1/116

Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post
    Does anyone know more about this subject?

I ask as I find it interesting that RasulAllah Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam made use of Abysinnian (Ge'ez) terminology in certain Ahadith e.g. a famous example being, "Harj," for killing (Bukhari, Kitab al-Fitan). There are other examples too. Just thinking about it, there could be numerous reasons for this - the presence of Abysinnian slaves in pre-Islamic Arabia after the attempt to invade the Kaaba, the Muhajirun who went to Abysinnia and their interaction with the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam to even the fact that the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam himself was introducing these words into the Arabic language (and Allah can teach His noble slave whatever He wills) for a purpose that may be related to teaching of the message (many Abysinnians around), to even the future of the Ummah(?)

So if any brothers or sisters know more about this topic, I would be interested in learning more.
    Did you find anything on it?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X