Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking intercession with the Prophet (s): Its ruling according to classical scholars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied
    Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post

(red highlighting is mine)

You've dug yourself into a hole and now you're misquoting what I said.

I then quoted the Hadith of the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam. Never did I explicitly say that those who have tasted death can communicate to you through a dream. That was your own assumption - the Hadith proves that in general, in the Sunnah of Allah those who have tasted death have communicated to the Ummah that the dua has been made. But the specific that this is through a dream I never stated for other than RasulAllah - in fact I didn't even explicitly state it myself for him Alayhis Salam - I just brought a Hadith evidencing that.

And why would I? Because it is only guaranteed we can see the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam in our dreams and know it is him, that is Allah's determination. There are other means for other people in His Sunnah, including hearing the dead directly as mentioned by the likes of Imam as-Suyuti. Again I mentioned before all of this that hearing the response is not a requirement for Tawassul, that you are innovating a requirement, not from the Qur'an and Sunnah, but from your own Nafs.

So not only did you insult the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam, you refused to recognise your mistake, innovated new principles in front of me, misquoted me and now you continue this back-and-forth to satisfy your nafs.
    Hey moron,

You said they can communicate and offered the narration as proof. You only stated one type of communication - dreams. You didn't say that random people communicate differently. You even used the term 'like' so there is no ambiguity. We were talking about the difference dunya and barzakh (in general) and you said both are the same in the context of asking someone to make dua. Then you posted the narration.

Again, your deceptive ways won't win you any points here. You've been caught out.

...the Hadith proves that in general, in the Sunnah of Allah those who have tasted death have communicated to the Ummah that the dua has been made...
    The wording posted isn't general at all. Here you are doing it again. You say the narration you posted where a man went to the grave of rasoolullaah , called on rasoolullah and then subsequently received instructions in a dream (seems the dua request wasn't accepted lol) - is general. Meaning it applies to random people too.

On getting a response for a request then it's simple: Bring a narration where the intercessor agreed to intercede but without a response.

Speak later, moron.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    a random dead person who then responds via a dream... as the same.
    This is clearly in reference to the Hadith. I don't think you intended RasulAllah Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam alone, but your statement included him, and the Hadith was in your mind as you typed that.

You've had many opportunities to say something like, "If I insulted the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa-Salam then I take that back" etc. but you didn't, and I feel you won't even now.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied

Hello again moron,

You said anyone can communicate after death by sending a message in dream like the messenger of Allah and used that narration as proof. Your attempts at deception have flopped.
    (red highlighting is mine)

You've dug yourself into a hole and now you're misquoting what I said.

To add to this point - those who have tasted death, like the best of creation, Nabi Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam,can communicate with you that the requested dua has been made of Allah Azza Wa Jal.
    I then quoted the Hadith of the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam. Never did I explicitly say that those who have tasted death can communicate to you through a dream. That was your own assumption - the Hadith proves that in general, in the Sunnah of Allah those who have tasted death have communicated to the Ummah that the dua has been made. But the specific that this is through a dream I never stated for other than RasulAllah - in fact I didn't even explicitly state it myself for him Alayhis Salam - I just brought a Hadith evidencing that.

And why would I? Because it is only guaranteed we can see the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam in our dreams and know it is him, that is Allah's determination. There are other means for other people in His Sunnah, including hearing the dead directly as mentioned by the likes of Imam as-Suyuti. Again I mentioned before all of this that hearing the response is not a requirement for Tawassul, that you are innovating a requirement, not from the Qur'an and Sunnah, but from your own Nafs.

So not only did you insult the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam, you refused to recognise your mistake, innovated new principles in front of me, misquoted me and now you continue this back-and-forth to satisfy your nafs.
    Last edited by Muhammad Hasan; 5 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

Except you used the exact example of a person who responds via a dream, referring to the Hadith of the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam that I quoted you.

Hello again moron,

You said anyone can communicate after death by sending a message in dream like the messenger of Allah and used that narration as proof. Your attempts at deception have flopped.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied

Hi moron,

You said it applies to any random person that has passed away.

Except you used the exact example of a person who responds via a dream, referring to the Hadith of the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam that I quoted you.

You see two random living people having an exchange the same as a random living person calling on a random dead person who then responds via a dream... as the same.

The only joke here is you.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

Our Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam is not a random dead person.

The joke is on the one who does not believe in the unseen as he believes in the seen.
    Hi moron,

You said it applies to any random person that has passed away.
    ... those who have tasted death, like the best of creation, Nabi Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam, can communicate with you that the requested dua has been made of Allah Azza Wa Jal...

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied

You see two random living people having an exchange the same as a random living person calling on a random dead person who then responds via a dream... as the same.

Our Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam is not a random dead person.

The joke is on the one who does not believe in the unseen as he believes in the seen.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

There is no difference and you have still failed to show any - the one in Alim al-Barzakh can make Dua to Allah for you as can the one in Alim ad-Dunya. When I answered you point, showing you have innovated a new principle ("a requirement of Tawassul is for someone else to respond") and even showing you that in the Sunnah of Allah those who tasted death did reply to the living, you continued acting as if there is some difference that means one is valid and the other isn't.

Is this the situation of the Muslims that we have to defend basic beliefs regarding the Ghayb? I hope and assume not.

Instead brother you have shown to me that you doubt in the Qudrah of Allah as you said, "can apparently" in the above. Allah is omnipotent and things only happen or don't happen by his decree - if you doubt that and have issue with that then you have deficiency in Iman. Allah can even make you directly hear the dead, as He made some hear according to the Ulama.

He alone makes the living and the dead hear. Neither the dead nor the living can make themselves hear, only Allah can make anything hear.

So, I will repeat it again:

There is no difference between someone who has tasted death making Dua to Allah on behalf of someone else vs someone who is still in the Hayat ad-Dunya doing this.

Joke and appeal to naturalism as much as you want dear brother, it does not change the above.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied

You asked what the difference was and I told you.

If you see no difference between asking someone in the dunya who can respond you normally, and asking someone who has passed away, who can apparently reply to you in a dream, then you have some serious cognitive issues.
    There is no difference and you have still failed to show any - the one in Alim al-Barzakh can make Dua to Allah for you as can the one in Alim ad-Dunya. When I answered you point, showing you have innovated a new principle ("a requirement of Tawassul is for someone else to respond") and even showing you that in the Sunnah of Allah those who tasted death did reply to the living, you continued acting as if there is some difference that means one is valid and the other isn't.

Is this the situation of the Muslims that we have to defend basic beliefs regarding the Ghayb? I hope and assume not.

Instead brother you have shown to me that you doubt in the Qudrah of Allah as you said, "can apparently" in the above. Allah is omnipotent and things only happen or don't happen by his decree - if you doubt that and have issue with that then you have deficiency in Iman. Allah can even make you directly hear the dead, as He made some hear according to the Ulama.

He alone makes the living and the dead hear. Neither the dead nor the living can make themselves hear, only Allah can make anything hear.

So, I will repeat it again:

There is no difference between someone who has tasted death making Dua to Allah on behalf of someone else vs someone who is still in the Hayat ad-Dunya doing this.

Joke and appeal to naturalism as much as you want dear brother, it does not change the above.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

What did the Imam say about tawassul?
    He doesn't answer this...

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

I see so asking someone to make Dua is contingent upon knowing whether the other person will accept your request or not??

Why are you inventing these new requirments?I Neither are they based on Qur'an nor the Sunnah. Where do you get these from?? I ask people, generally on the forum to make Dua for me all the time. I do not know or require to know whether they will accept the request and do it. Nor would I tell a person, many times, if they made a request for me. It is not a requirement for asking someone to make dua to know if they have done that.
    You asked what the difference was and I told you.

If you see no difference between asking someone in the dunya who can respond you normally, and asking someone who has passed away, who can apparently reply to you in a dream, then you have some serious cognitive issues.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu Sulayman View Post

Imam Ibn Taymiyya had his own Ijtihad and in his thinking these type of issues (i.e. Tawassul and Tashaffu') could lead to polytheism (even if only minor), so he tried to take whatever way possible to disallow it and this included putting into doubt some reports, which had been authenticated before and after him.
    ​​​​​
    As for Istighatha, then I've stated more than once that the one disallowing it for the laymen has defintely a point (I even stated this regarding Imam Ibn Taymiyya) and I did not state that it's recommended.
    ​​​​​​But I do not criticize any of the classical scholars who performed Istighatha themselves (like Imam Ahmad (d. 241 AH) for example), nor do I believe them to be guilty of "polytheism" as the mindless Najdis wanted us to believe!
    interesting food for thought, you see brother Abu Sulayman you do get me thinking with some of your posts, thanks jazakAllah khayran

are you a student of knowledge Abu Sulayman

Leave a comment:

• Abu Sulayman
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

so let me ask when you say tawassul brother can i ask something to help me better understand in sha Allah

so do you mean dua something like the following,
    'ohhh Allah im the ummah of your beloved so for the sake of your nabi sallahu alayhi wa salaam please help me'
    or
    'ohhh Muhammad rasoolullah sallahu alayhi help me with the power of Allah swt'???
    I intend your first example when saying Tawassul is allowed (and it falls under the first type of Tawassul).

Your second example is Istighatha.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied

so let me ask when you say tawassul brother can i ask something to help me better understand in sha Allah

so do you mean dua something like the following,
    'ohhh Allah im the ummah of your beloved so for the sake of your nabi sallahu alayhi wa salaam please help me'
    or
    'ohhh Muhammad rasoolullah sallahu alayhi help me with the power of Allah swt'???
    First is Tawassul, second is Istigatha.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied

im not angry at all Alhamdulillah lol

so let me ask as im curious why do ulema caution against doing this all the time?
    (They caution against doing it and not asking Allah yourself all the time. I.e. to always make Tawassul and not to make dua yourself.)

Because you should ask yourself!

A man wishes to get a request fulfilled by a ruler. He wants his request fulfilled. So he goes and asks a court nobleman to beseech the ruler on his behalf. But should he always do this? For every little thing? He is his rulers subject - his ruler will in the end listen to his subjects - so he should ask himself too. Asking yourself is from the Sunnah as well! It is a very good thing as well! So why would you totally abandon this, which was done by our Nabi Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam and all Salaf and is not disagreed upon by anyone?

Rather to absolutely abandon making dua yourself is extremism and shows negligence to the Sunnah, so why shouldn't it be condemned?

And it is not mutually exclusive with asking someone to make Dua for you - you can do both! So why wouldn't you do both?

Personally, I only make Tawassul of Nabi Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam when the issue is important.

You would not petition the nobleman for every small issue.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X