Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking intercession with the Prophet (s): Its ruling according to classical scholars

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

I don't remember.
    You said you were at work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fais View Post

Yes I do.

He said "you". You challenged him. He clarified it was general not specifically you (even though you did make a post about rat infestation referring to someone or another). You're unhappy about that because you don't believe it (which is your right).

And that is it. You have to take his clarification and walk. Unless you want to accuse him of lying, which you'd have no proof for. So it'd be a pointless endevour, hence derailing the topic.
      The 'you' was obviously directed at me. He's clearly addressing in that post. It would be weird to address someone as you (specifically) throughout a thread and drop in a random 'you' (general) in between for no reason. Why use a 'general' you at all in this even if it was the case? It doesn't make sense hence the only apparent meaning is that he meant me specifically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu Sulayman View Post

The you here was a general one. You did actually not threaten me, but AM did and others supported that including the one who had insulted me.
        I didn't threaten you with a ban

where do these sensitive Muslim men come from?

whining about bullying
        seeing invisible bans

i clearly said, I am not active as a mod, if I was, I would have banned you for spamming and slander

is that a threat of banning?

things have changed around here

i am old enough to remember when a threat of banning went like this,,,,,Abu Sulayman, if you spam the forum with one more of these anti ibn Abdul wanhab threads, I will ban you

THATS a threat of being banned

i said no such thing
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

The 'you' was obviously directed at me. He's clearly addressing in that post. It would be weird to address someone as you (specifically) throughout a thread and drop in a random 'you' (general) in between for no reason. Why use a 'general' you at all in this even if it was the case? It doesn't make sense hence the only apparent meaning is that he meant me specifically.

It's not obvious though. He could have quite easily been addressing you both at large with the point that he's mentioning as he's been addressing both you and Abu Mubarak in this thread, which is totally plausible because he's mentioning things in a broader context of the discussion that's taken place up until now.

One way we could find out is by asking him. Oh wait, you did that already and he said it was meant in a general sense. So ... what's your point here? What are you arguing over and how you going to prove it? Because as a result of this the threads being derailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

I didn't threaten you with a ban

where do these sensitive Muslim men come from?

whining about bullying
            seeing invisible bans

i clearly said, I am not active as a mod, if I was, I would have banned you for spamming and slander

is that a threat of banning?

things have changed around here

i am old enough to remember when a threat of banning went like this,,,,,Abu Sulayman, if you spam the forum with one more of these anti ibn Abdul wanhab threads, I will ban you

THATS a threat of being banned

i said no such thing
            What's wrong with being sensitive?

Comment

What's wrong with being sensitive?
              too much soy
              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

It's not obvious though. He could have quite easily been addressing you both at large with the point that he's mentioning as he's been addressing both you and Abu Mubarak in this thread, which is totally plausible because he's mentioning things in a broader context of the discussion that's taken place up until now.

One way we could find out is by asking him. Oh wait, you did that already and he said it was meant in a general sense. So ... what's your point here? What are you arguing over and how you going to prove it? Because as a result of this the threads being derailed.
                Why would he address AM in a reply to my post? Why would he talk about a point I made about Imam Abu Hanifah and address it to AM? Why would he use a 'general you' against me if he was addressing AM?

There is no way to stretch it to give the excuse of it being a 'general you' as it wouldn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

too much soy
                  You reckon that's the reason? Too much soy ..

Comment

Why would he address AM in a reply to my post? Why would he talk about a point I made about Imam Abu Hanifah and address it to AM? Why would he use a 'general you' against me if he was addressing AM?

There is no way to stretch it to give the excuse of it being a 'general you' as it wouldn't make sense.
                    I don't agree with you and I could argue with you on this but it's pointless.

What's your point? You going to take him to court to try and prove he meant 'you' specifically and not 'you' generally? Have you consulted a Grammarian on this? Did you pay him? Are you going to hire him as an expert witness?

You said yes. He said no. No actual way to prove it, yet you want to argue. Why?

Comment

I don't agree with you and I could argue with you on this but it's pointless.

What's your point? You going to take him to court to try and prove he meant 'you' specifically and not 'you' generally? Have you consulted a Grammarian on this? Did you pay him? Are you going to hire him as an expert witness?

You said yes. He said no. No actual way to prove it, yet you want to argue. Why?
                      I provided my reasoning, you provide yours. Show how it being general is even an option never mind a fact of the matter.

Comment

I provided my reasoning, you provide yours. Show how it being general is even an option never mind a fact of the matter.
                        You're missing the point.

I could (try and prove it), but I won't. As it's pointless (IMO of course).

Can you address the point of it? Why are you so hung up on it? You know what, I think we could be tapping into something deeper here.

Comment

You're missing the point.

I could (try and prove it), but I won't. As it's pointless (IMO of course).

Can you address the point of it? Why are you so hung up on it? You know what, I think we could be tapping into something deeper here.
                          It can't be done even if you tried.

Comment

It can't be done even if you tried.
                            Okay, I'll take your word for it.

See what I did there? I took your word for it. You should try it some time.

Comment

Okay, I'll take your word for it.

See what I did there? I took your word for it. You should try it some time.
                              I should take the thing I refuted? Sounds like a paradox*

*see rule about self-owns

Comment

I should take the thing I refuted? Sounds like a paradox*

*see rule about self-owns
                                Dear Lord ... okay, here it goes.

No. You should take my example in taking your word for it.

So, be like me. Take Abu Sulaymans word for it.

That should get it across, not too many big words in there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X