Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking intercession with the Prophet (s): Its ruling according to classical scholars

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

well when you spend time in certain places for years, you kinda learn to observe things and tend to notice them too

besides let me ask you as probably the most active mod on the forum,
    those posts slandering other dead musliims like ahmad raza khan or ashrf ali thanvi? woukld you ban them too?
    I would have to see the posts and the slander. Can you point to some of them?

Comment

not at the time but besides what wouldve been the use when even the mod Fais saw the double standard happening and as an active mod at the time even he couldnt stop it or make the forum members refrain from it

p,s yea i appreciate hes taken more of a back seat in regards to moding now but im on about a fair few years ago when he and also other brother mod yasser were active

Fais im sure you can recall what im on about bro?
      I do remember.

Truth is Salafi other groups on this forum in terms of users, and were a lot more vocal in their displeasure of certain things.

Essentially the question is, how are you going to ban someone for saying something they believe in?

More of an extreme example, how many times has ibn Arabi been called mushrik on this forum? Their defense is and has always been "So on so Scholar said he was ...". And they'd quote stuff from books that were ascribed to him or his students and say "look what he says here. On the apparent, it's kufr, therefore he's kafir."

But if that is the yardstick we measure by, that we can refer back to scholars who call other scholars deviant and kafir, then that same principle should apply here. But NOW it's spamming and disrespecting a dead scholars. Now we have issues ...

Not that I necessarily agree with it, I don't. You can make an argument fore and against someone without the need to pass judgement on that person specifically. But that has never been the case on this forum.

As for me being mod, I applied because I genuinely thought I'd be good at it and impartial and I believe I was. I was very active too ... But eventually you get tired and sometimes just have to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

You're about 10 years too late. Was before your time, I'm sure he appreciates the enthusiasm though.

Comment

just a quick google search and theres so many threads tbh, search for yourself, youll see them in sha Allah

here is a few examples

'british poodle'
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/ge...lam#post374954

'dirty deviant'
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...8#post12608068

just look at the thread title for this thread...

Is Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi a Mushrik grave worshiper?
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/ge...orshiper/page2

like fais and me said, no one bats an eye lid dont we realise we should slander dead muslims exactly how we shouldnt slandeer IAW?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fais View Post

I do remember.

Truth is Salafi other groups on this forum in terms of users, and were a lot more vocal in their displeasure of certain things.

Essentially the question is, how are you going to ban someone for saying something they believe in?

More of an extreme example, how many times has ibn Arabi been called mushrik on this forum? Their defense is and has always been "So on so Scholar said he was ...". And they'd quote stuff from books that were ascribed to him or his students and say "look what he says here. On the apparent, it's kufr, therefore he's kafir."

But if that is the yardstick we measure by, that we can refer back to scholars who call other scholars deviant and kafir, then that same principle should apply here. But NOW it's spamming and disrespecting a dead scholars. Now we have issues ...

Not that I necessarily agree with it, I don't. You can make an argument fore and against someone without the need to pass judgement on that person specifically. But that has never been the case on this forum.

As for me being mod, I applied because I genuinely thought I'd be good at it and impartial and I believe I was. I was very active too ... But eventually you get tired and sometimes just have to move on.
            yea thats true as well, you have to expect members to use their common sense, thing is though because its not face to face and behind a monitor you tend to get carried away and a bit caught up in it tbh

yea its true i mean if i said ahmad raza khan and his followers are dead long gone and so is his islamic teachings, that would be a lie because the barelvi sect is live and kicking so to speak

Comment

• Originally posted by Fais View Post

You're about 10 years too late. Was before your time, I'm sure he appreciates the enthusiasm though.
              Before my time even though I joined before him.

Comment

• Originally posted by simply_logical View Post

just a quick google search and theres so many threads tbh, search for yourself, youll see them in sha allah

here is a few examples

'british poodle'

'dirty deviant'

Is ahmed raza khan barelvi a mushrik grave worshiper?

like fais and me said, no one bats an eye lid dont we realise we should slander dead muslims exactly how we shouldnt slandeer iaw?
                lol ..

Comment

Before my time even though I joined before him.
                  As a mod.

Comment

• The president of Chechnya, i forget his name

He was interviewing three sisters and they wore niqaab

He commanded that they take it off. it is wahhabism and that he would order his police to search their bodies, massage their breasts and buttocks, to make sure they werent carrying bombs

Not to mention a few Egyptian scholars have blasted certain aspects of Islam, including disrespecting niqaabi sisters

Yet we complain about the French. At least the French are kafirs. Its bad when Muslims are so hellbent on modernising Islam to the point of siding with the mindset of the kuffar, who manipulate them into attacking Wahhabis

So when they ask me, Why did i say 4 pages of nonsense, it is from this perspective of latching on to the the enemies of Allah and posting stuff that the kuffar will come onto this forum, copy and paste, and say "this is what your fellow Muslims are saying about "fundamenalist Islam"
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

just a quick google search and theres so many threads tbh, search for yourself, youll see them in sha Allah

here is a few examples

'british poodle'

'dirty deviant'

Is Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi a Mushrik grave worshiper?

like fais and me said, no one bats an eye lid dont we realise we should slander dead muslims exactly how we shouldnt slandeer IAW?
                      I wouldn't have banned for those posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                        The president of Chechnya, i forget his name

He commanded that they take it off. it is wahhabism and that he would order his police to search their bodies, massage their breasts and buttocks, to make sure they werent carrying bombs

Not to mention a few Egyptian scholars have blasted certain aspects of Islam, including disrespecting niqaabi sisters

Yet we complain about the French. At least the French are kafirs. Its bad when Muslims are so hellbent on modernising Islam to the point of siding with the mindset of the kuffar, who manipulate them into attacking Wahhabis

So when they ask me, Why did i say 4 pages of nonsense, it is from this perspective of latching on to the the enemies of Allah and posting stuff that the kuffar will come onto this forum, copy and paste, and say "this is what your fellow Muslims are saying about "fundamenalist Islam"
                        The Kufar do that anyway with the Quran and Hadith. They don't need additional excerpt taken from the books of an individual who lived 300 years ago.

Comment

I wouldn't have banned for those posts.
                          obviously it wasnt during your time so not your responsibility or fault to be fair

why wouldnt you have banned them? im curious to know

Comment

• Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                            The president of Chechnya, i forget his name

It wasn't the president but a Sunni Mufti. A true Sunni, not a fake Wahhabi one.

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/ge...wahhabi-custom

Comment

It wasn't the president but a Sunni Mufti. A true Sunni, not a fake Wahhabi one.

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/ge...wahhabi-custom
                              A true scum of the earth more like it.

Comment

obviously it wasnt during your time so not your responsibility or fault to be fair

why wouldnt you have banned them? im curious to know
                                It's quite tame for the refutation game tbh.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X