Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at buying hadith and tafsir books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    still after this two volume hadith book lu lu wal marjaan (pearls and corals), if anyone knows where i can find it please let me know thanks jazakAllah khayran

seems very difficult to get a hold of due it not been published by darrusalaam for many years now

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

bro where can you get lu lu wal marjaan from?

i rang up idci about a month or so ago but apparently they dont produce it no more and havent for many years

theres one shop in brum that has it but it was in arabic but apparently from time to time they get english in, i might ring them again soon in sha Allah
    im not sure akhi

its available online on various sites however youd have to price compare to see which is best

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

No riyadus saliheen is by imam nawawi and is has authentic and unauthentic narrations and less different chapters

lulu has hadith from bukhari and muslim work and contains only authentic narrations and has more chapters iirc
    bro where can you get lu lu wal marjaan from?

i rang up idci about a month or so ago but apparently they dont produce it no more and havent for many years

theres one shop in brum that has it but it was in arabic but apparently from time to time they get english in, i might ring them again soon in sha Allah

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

It looks like an interesting read. I wonder how we can use the dua for distress.
    I am telling you sis that tasbeeh yunus is soooo powerful,
    many peeps use it when they have problems to seek out a solution obviously only with the help of Allah swt

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

Layla_ Flawed you read this book before?
    It looks like an interesting read. I wonder how we can use the dua for distress.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    anyone read this, the relief from distress by ibn taymiyyah?

Layla_ Flawed you read this book before?

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    anyone read this, the relief from distress by ibn taymiyyah?

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Lu lu wal marjaan (all the the authentic narrations from bukhari with no repeats)
    i rang up idci earlier and according to them theyve stopped printing this book pearls and corals, does anyone know where i can but a copy from?

would really appreciate it in sha Allah
    Last edited by Simply_Logical; 28-12-20, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

No he ain’t a Sufi.. I’m studying it with my Hanbali teacher so I don’t think he is a Sufi?! No not really, I don’t really know anything about tassawuf.
    well there are hanbali sufis too..

i want to stick to purification of the soul (tazkiyaun nafs) however im sure theres good things about tassawuf, tbh i know people who are proper into but some views i disagree with them on tbh

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

is that book available online?

who is this shaykh? never head of him tbh, is he a sufi?

are you into tassawuf? or do you read anything about it?
    No he ain’t a Sufi.. I’m studying it with my Hanbali teacher so I don’t think he is a Sufi?! No not really, I don’t really know anything about tassawuf.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    Another good book (I am currently studying this with a teacher & really enjoying it) is The Key To The Saintly Path: Miftah Tariq al Awliya

This is the description: The purification of the heart from the influences of satanic whispers, the temptations of destructive vices, and the abundance of worldly desires is an ancient art that dates back to the earliest generations of Islamic masters. The following translation of Ibn Shaykh al-Hazzamiyyin's "The Key to the Saintly Path" attempts to give the English student a deeper understanding of the soul and its inner workings. Upon completing a thorough reading of this short primer, the reader will have taken the first step in recognizing the importance of spiritual awareness, provided that it is followed up with action and a yearning to learn more.
    is that book available online?

who is this shaykh? never head of him tbh, is he a sufi?

are you into tassawuf? or do you read anything about it?

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

I'll post some notes on it and some other books once I'm free inshaAllah because as you said this kind of knowledge is useful and helpful.
    yea that would be really good, so many of us could benefit from it in sha Allah

may Allah swt reqard you immensely for your kindness Ameen

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Another good book (I am currently studying this with a teacher & really enjoying it) is The Key To The Saintly Path: Miftah Tariq al Awliya

This is the description: The purification of the heart from the influences of satanic whispers, the temptations of destructive vices, and the abundance of worldly desires is an ancient art that dates back to the earliest generations of Islamic masters. The following translation of Ibn Shaykh al-Hazzamiyyin's "The Key to the Saintly Path" attempts to give the English student a deeper understanding of the soul and its inner workings. Upon completing a thorough reading of this short primer, the reader will have taken the first step in recognizing the importance of spiritual awareness, provided that it is followed up with action and a yearning to learn more.

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

Thanks for linking it to me because the one I saw had a black cover at the front not sure if it was the same book too
    I do want to learn more about stuff like tassqawuf, tazkiyah nafs s lf help, self betterment etc

I was near darussalam today on Coventry road here in Brum but didn't have enough time to pop in due to asr Salah being so close
    I'll post some notes on it and some other books once I'm free inshaAllah because as you said this kind of knowledge is useful and helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    With your earthly nature, I recommend 'Revive Your Heart' and 'Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship', I hope these light reads help. You can get them from ebay, amazon, etc.
    Thanks for the recommendations, I do remember from.reading old threads about books and wading seeing you post about what you read in there often, you big into reading?

My brother what do you mean by earthly nature?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X