Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at buying hadith and tafsir books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

is that the one by ibn qayyim rahimullah?
    Sorry no the one by Imam Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Sorry no the one by Imam Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi.
      you got a link to it please sister?

where did you get it from? is it big or small book to read?

Comment

you got a link to it please sister?

where did you get it from? is it big or small book to read?
        https://darussalam.com/purification-of-the-soul/

Its 288 pages long and its readable. I brought it from a shop in a different city because my town didnt have it. But darussalam have it. They have so many good books.

Comment

With your earthly nature, I recommend 'Revive Your Heart' and 'Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship', I hope these light reads help. You can get them from ebay, amazon, etc.
          Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

https://darussalam.com/purification-of-the-soul/

Its 288 pages long and its readable. I brought it from a shop in a different city because my town didnt have it. But darussalam have it. They have so many good books.
            Thanks for linking it to me because the one I saw had a black cover at the front not sure if it was the same book too
            I do want to learn more about stuff like tassqawuf, tazkiyah nafs s lf help, self betterment etc

I was near darussalam today on Coventry road here in Brum but didn't have enough time to pop in due to asr Salah being so close

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
              With your earthly nature, I recommend 'Revive Your Heart' and 'Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship', I hope these light reads help. You can get them from ebay, amazon, etc.
              Thanks for the recommendations, I do remember from.reading old threads about books and wading seeing you post about what you read in there often, you big into reading?

My brother what do you mean by earthly nature?

Comment

Thanks for linking it to me because the one I saw had a black cover at the front not sure if it was the same book too
                I do want to learn more about stuff like tassqawuf, tazkiyah nafs s lf help, self betterment etc

I was near darussalam today on Coventry road here in Brum but didn't have enough time to pop in due to asr Salah being so close
                I'll post some notes on it and some other books once I'm free inshaAllah because as you said this kind of knowledge is useful and helpful.

Comment

Another good book (I am currently studying this with a teacher & really enjoying it) is The Key To The Saintly Path: Miftah Tariq al Awliya

This is the description: The purification of the heart from the influences of satanic whispers, the temptations of destructive vices, and the abundance of worldly desires is an ancient art that dates back to the earliest generations of Islamic masters. The following translation of Ibn Shaykh al-Hazzamiyyin's "The Key to the Saintly Path" attempts to give the English student a deeper understanding of the soul and its inner workings. Upon completing a thorough reading of this short primer, the reader will have taken the first step in recognizing the importance of spiritual awareness, provided that it is followed up with action and a yearning to learn more.
                  https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

I'll post some notes on it and some other books once I'm free inshaAllah because as you said this kind of knowledge is useful and helpful.
                    yea that would be really good, so many of us could benefit from it in sha Allah

may Allah swt reqard you immensely for your kindness Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                      Another good book (I am currently studying this with a teacher & really enjoying it) is The Key To The Saintly Path: Miftah Tariq al Awliya

This is the description: The purification of the heart from the influences of satanic whispers, the temptations of destructive vices, and the abundance of worldly desires is an ancient art that dates back to the earliest generations of Islamic masters. The following translation of Ibn Shaykh al-Hazzamiyyin's "The Key to the Saintly Path" attempts to give the English student a deeper understanding of the soul and its inner workings. Upon completing a thorough reading of this short primer, the reader will have taken the first step in recognizing the importance of spiritual awareness, provided that it is followed up with action and a yearning to learn more.
                      is that book available online?

who is this shaykh? never head of him tbh, is he a sufi?

are you into tassawuf? or do you read anything about it?

Comment

is that book available online?

who is this shaykh? never head of him tbh, is he a sufi?

are you into tassawuf? or do you read anything about it?
                        No he ain’t a Sufi.. I’m studying it with my Hanbali teacher so I don’t think he is a Sufi?! No not really, I don’t really know anything about tassawuf.
                        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

No he ain’t a Sufi.. I’m studying it with my Hanbali teacher so I don’t think he is a Sufi?! No not really, I don’t really know anything about tassawuf.
                          well there are hanbali sufis too..

i want to stick to purification of the soul (tazkiyaun nafs) however im sure theres good things about tassawuf, tbh i know people who are proper into but some views i disagree with them on tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                            Lu lu wal marjaan (all the the authentic narrations from bukhari with no repeats)
                            i rang up idci earlier and according to them theyve stopped printing this book pearls and corals, does anyone know where i can but a copy from?

would really appreciate it in sha Allah
                            Last edited by Simply_Logical; 28-12-20, 08:18 PM.

Comment

anyone read this, the relief from distress by ibn taymiyyah?

Comment

anyone read this, the relief from distress by ibn taymiyyah?

Layla_ Flawed you read this book before?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X