Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at buying hadith and tafsir books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flawed
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Thanks for linking it to me because the one I saw had a black cover at the front not sure if it was the same book too
    I do want to learn more about stuff like tassqawuf, tazkiyah nafs s lf help, self betterment etc

I was near darussalam today on Coventry road here in Brum but didn't have enough time to pop in due to asr Salah being so close
    I'll post some notes on it and some other books once I'm free inshaAllah because as you said this kind of knowledge is useful and helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    With your earthly nature, I recommend 'Revive Your Heart' and 'Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship', I hope these light reads help. You can get them from ebay, amazon, etc.
    Thanks for the recommendations, I do remember from.reading old threads about books and wading seeing you post about what you read in there often, you big into reading?

My brother what do you mean by earthly nature?

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

https://darussalam.com/purification-of-the-soul/

Its 288 pages long and its readable. I brought it from a shop in a different city because my town didnt have it. But darussalam have it. They have so many good books.
    Thanks for linking it to me because the one I saw had a black cover at the front not sure if it was the same book too
    I do want to learn more about stuff like tassqawuf, tazkiyah nafs s lf help, self betterment etc

I was near darussalam today on Coventry road here in Brum but didn't have enough time to pop in due to asr Salah being so close

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied
    With your earthly nature, I recommend 'Revive Your Heart' and 'Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship', I hope these light reads help. You can get them from ebay, amazon, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

you got a link to it please sister?

where did you get it from? is it big or small book to read?
    https://darussalam.com/purification-of-the-soul/

Its 288 pages long and its readable. I brought it from a shop in a different city because my town didnt have it. But darussalam have it. They have so many good books.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied

Sorry no the one by Imam Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi.
    you got a link to it please sister?

where did you get it from? is it big or small book to read?

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

is that the one by ibn qayyim rahimullah?
    Sorry no the one by Imam Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I actually found it quite difficult not going to lie. It’s not something (IMO) that you can sit at bed and read, you need to take notes and reflect and absorb what you’re reading. But maybe you’re different to me and you will find it easier
    really not sure tbh which one to go for, but imo ibn katheer is a great scholar so im leaning towards his tafsir compated to marooful quran as thats more of a modern scholar whos the author,
    not saying he wasnt just as pious but you know what i mean right?

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Purification of the soul is good one.
    is that the one by ibn qayyim rahimullah?

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

So sis would you say it's in easy English to read and understand?
    I actually found it quite difficult not going to lie. It’s not something (IMO) that you can sit at bed and read, you need to take notes and reflect and absorb what you’re reading. But maybe you’re different to me and you will find it easier

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Purification of the soul is good one.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied

Tafsir Ibn kathir is very good so yes. I had the full set but didn’t really read it much so I don’t have it anymore.

yes! Kitaabun is legit and is an excellent site for books
    So sis would you say it's in easy English to read and understand?

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

You think I should stick to tafsir ibn kathir, which is one of if not the most popular tafsir about?

All I know of Ma'ariful Qur'an is that the author is the father of mufti taqi usmani
    btw is that site a reputable islamic site to buy from?
    Tafsir Ibn kathir is very good so yes. I had the full set but didn’t really read it much so I don’t have it anymore.

yes! Kitaabun is legit and is an excellent site for books

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied

Tafsir Ibn Kathir & Tafsir al tabari but I don’t think the latter is in English but there’s this https://kitaabun.com/shopping3/selec...sh-p-6363.html
    You think I should stick to tafsir ibn kathir, which is one of if not the most popular tafsir about?

All I know of Ma'ariful Qur'an is that the author is the father of mufti taqi usmani
    btw is that site a reputable islamic site to buy from?

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Layla_ you seem to be into reading so was wondering can you recommend any tafsir's?

Asking because you seem to be into books
    Tafsir Ibn Kathir & Tafsir al tabari but I don’t think the latter is in English but there’s this https://kitaabun.com/shopping3/selec...sh-p-6363.html

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X