Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at buying hadith and tafsir books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

You are not qualified to discuss the science of hadith, secondly you claimed it contains inauthentic hadith, which is exactly what I said.

You seem to have a comprehension issue.

I asked a qualified alim, instead of joe bloggs such as yourself.

Who said Albani wasn't a scholar?

Did I say he wasn't a scholar ?

Post evidence, otherwise stop making assumptions.

I said majority of the Ulema have said Riyadhus Saliheen is reliable and Authentic, you posted a fringe opinion as though that it contains Authentic and Inauthentic hadith.

of course cant discuss nothing
    cant discuss what scholars said
    U just have to stay ignorant and blind follow because we arent ulama
    but then the alim also has to be muqallid and follow one madhub
    Makes so much sense well done well done

Alim lol of course
    after 7 years everyone is an aalim

but albani isnt an alim
    Someone said he wasnt a scholar no need for me to write names
    (i never claimed it was u who said that in the first place)

who said its fringe
    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 19-04-19, 02:37 AM.

Comment

That there are 40 some-odd weak Hadith in Riyad as-Saliheen is not a "fringe" opinion.

Shaykh Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr explains how it came to be that Muhyi ad-Deen an-Nawawi included some weak Hadith in his compilation. It is mostly based on his reliance on early Hadith scholars like at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud in their Tas'heeh and Tahseen of Hadith in their respective Sunan.

https://shkhudheir.com/fatawa/1217994653

The following Fatwa from IslamWeb gives the proportion of weak Hadith in the book as 3% of the total.

https://fatwa.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/95912/

The following thread on the Saaid.net forum actually goes over each weak Hadith and provides the name of the narrator that is impugned.

https://saaid.net/Doat/ehsan/145.htm

Shaykh Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut also did a Tahqeeq of the book and points out the weak Hadith as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
        That there are 40 some-odd weak Hadith in Riyad as-Saliheen is not a "fringe" opinion.

Shaykh Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr explains how it came to be that Muhyi ad-Deen an-Nawawi included some weak Hadith in his compilation. It is mostly based on his reliance on early Hadith scholars like at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud in their Tas'heeh and Tahseen of Hadith in their respective Sunan.

https://shkhudheir.com/fatawa/1217994653

The following Fatwa from IslamWeb gives the proportion of weak Hadith in the book as 3% of the total.

https://fatwa.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/95912/

The following thread on the Saaid.net forum actually goes over each weak Hadith and provides the name of the narrator that is impugned.

https://saaid.net/Doat/ehsan/145.htm

Shaykh Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut also did a Tahqeeq of the book and points out the weak Hadith as well.
        i'll have a read inshaAllah

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
          of course cant discuss nothing
          cant discuss what scholars said
          U just have to stay ignorant and blind follow because we arent ulama
          but then the alim also has to be muqallid and follow one madhub
          Makes so much sense well done well done

Alim lol of course
          after 7 years everyone is an aalim

but albani isnt an alim
          Someone said he wasnt a scholar no need for me to write names
          (i never claimed it was u who said that in the first place)

who said its fringe
          You just go off the rails, I gave you the benefit of the doubt but it seems I was mistaken. Discussions about a hadith are best left to qualified individuals, not you clearly aren't and neither am I.
          ​​​​​​
          Blind follows Sheikh Albani and then tells me I'm blind following cause I asked Sheikh Abu Musab.

Face-palm

I did not say Sheikh Albani isn't an Alim, I don't know why you got triggered,

Yes others have mentioned he is self taught hence isn't a scholar, thats for an Alim to discuss, not the point I made.

The point is you ignored all (Majority) of the Ulema who said Riyadhus saliheen is authentic and posted what sounds like Sheikh Al Banis claim, (that it contains authentic and unauthentic hadith) which clearly is a very small minority opinion, Just like the one about Sahih Al Bukhari containing weak hadith.

Conveniently forgot to mention this fact when you replied to Akhi Simply Logical.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

anyone have the Tafseer Ma'ariful Qur'an by Mufti Shafi' Usmani RA?

Comment

You just go off the rails, I gave you the benefit of the doubt but it seems I was mistaken. Discussions about a hadith are best left to qualified individuals, not you clearly aren't and neither am I.
              ​​​​​​
              Blind follows Sheikh Albani and then tells me I'm blind following cause I asked Sheikh Abu Musab.

Face-palm

I did not say Sheikh Albani isn't an Alim, I don't know why you got triggered,

Yes others have mentioned he is self taught hence isn't a scholar, thats for an Alim to discuss, not the point I made.

The point is you ignored all (Majority) of the Ulema who said Riyadhus saliheen is authentic and posted what sounds like Sheikh Al Banis claim, (that it contains authentic and unauthentic hadith) which clearly is a very small minority opinion, Just like the one about Sahih Al Bukhari containing weak hadith.

Conveniently forgot to mention this fact when you replied to Akhi Simply Logical.

Seems like you have been doing an excellent job showing everyone how completely ignorant you are while I have been away.
              Watch those eyes

Comment

Here is a hadiith in Riyaadh

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

The hadiith is weak.

Let's look at its chain

Zuhair bin Harb -> Abd al-Rahmaan bin mahdii -> Abu 'awaanah -> Daawud bin Abd Allaah al-'audii -> Abd al-Rahmaan al-muslii -> al-'ash'ath bin qais -> Umar bin al-khaTTaab (may Allaah be pleased with him)

Abd al-Rahmaan al-muslii

He is weak

No one from the scholars said he was reliable. No one.

Based on this, the scholars of hadiith said the hadiith is weak

Among these scholars was Sheikh al-albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him).

Watch those eyes

Comment

Uh oh

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post

Seems like you have been doing an excellent job showing everyone how completely ignorant you are while I have been away.
                    I heard how busy you have been backbiting/slandering, hope your mental health issues are sorted.
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

I heard how busy you have been backbiting/slandering, hope your mental health issues are sorted.
                      It suffices a man to be a liar that he relates everything he hears. I hope your marriage issues are sorted.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

assalamu alaykum wa rah matullahi wa barakatuhi

so my brothers and sisters please could you recommend me some interesting books, like about tazkiyah nafs, self contemplation, this sort of thing im interested int but im open to any and everything, i consider myself a bit of a slow reader and dont read often but i'd like to spend more time reading from now on in sha Allah

my cousin recommended i reawd some books by imam al ghazzali,
                        he mentioned this one discipling your soul
                        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Al-Ghazali-.../dp/0946621438
                        the paperback version go for about £17-£22 roughly but i have only seen one place doing the hardback cover and thats waterstones buts its like £53 which is too much imo as its more then double the price and the only difference is that its hardback book, i do prefer hardback though as it lasts longer too imo,
                        https://www.waterstones.com/book/al-.../9780946621422

anyone know if its cheaper anyone else?

so yea please recommend me some islamic books please, thanks jazakAllah khayran

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Ibn rajab & Ibn Qayyim are my favourites when it comes to books of these nature (books of ar riqaq - books to make the hearts tender)

Ibn Rajab’s book are very, very easy to read and provide a quick iman boost. The books of his that I would recommend are: the journey to Allah, Key to paradise, the heavenly dispute, the legacy of the prophet

A must read is purification of the soul.

more books - Ibn jawzi - disciplining of the soul

Ibn Qayyim - patience & gratitude, tawba turning to Allah in repentance, purification of the soul, provisions of the hereafter

another good book to have in your collection is yasir Qadhis Du’a the weapon of the believer. This is honestly a brilliant book on the topic of dua & is quite iman boosting
                          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                            Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Ibn rajab & Ibn Qayyim are my favourites when it comes to books of these nature (books of ar riqaq - books to make the hearts tender)

Ibn Rajab’s book are very, very easy to read and provide a quick iman boost. The books of his that I would recommend are: the journey to Allah, Key to paradise, the heavenly dispute, the legacy of the prophet

A must read is purification of the soul.

more books - Ibn jawzi - disciplining of the soul

Ibn Qayyim - patience & gratitude, tawba turning to Allah in repentance, purification of the soul, provisions of the hereafter

another good book to have in your collection is yasir Qadhis Du’a the weapon of the believer. This is honestly a brilliant book on the topic of dua & is quite iman boosting
                            Ohh so ar riqaq means to soften the heart? subhanAllah didn't know that
                            I don't think I've ever read a book by ibn rajah

where's the best place to get these books?
                            Also do they come in hardback or just paperback?

tbh I want to read something that's going to.impact me and make change, like something deep and something that will make me reflect and increase taqwa in sha Allah 🙏

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Ohh so ar riqaq means to soften the heart? subhanAllah didn't know that
                              I don't think I've ever read a book by ibn rajah

where's the best place to get these books?
                              Also do they come in hardback or just paperback?

tbh I want to read something that's going to.impact me and make change, like something deep and something that will make me reflect and increase taqwa in sha Allah 🙏
                              amazon or eBay and im not sure akhi about if they are hardback or paperback because I just buy books on my kindle.

Yes I get you. The ibn rajab books journey to Allah and key to paradise are beautiful books. Don’t forget, you can download these for FREE on kalamullah website. I’m pretty sure they even have purification of the soul on there which is a must read. You can always skim through the books on kalamullah to see if you find that they are your type of thing & then go ahead and purchase if you don’t like reading PDFS
                              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

amazon or eBay and im not sure akhi about if they are hardback or paperback because I just buy books on my kindle.

Yes I get you. The ibn rajab books journey to Allah and key to paradise are beautiful books. Don’t forget, you can download these for FREE on kalamullah website. I’m pretty sure they even have purification of the soul on there which is a must read. You can always skim through the books on kalamullah to see if you find that they are your type of thing & then go ahead and purchase if you don’t like reading PDFS
                                Yea good idea but I hate reading pdfs on pc makes my eyes hurt so I did get a kindle (keyboard one) years ago for me and the Mrs but they've stopped working now 😭

Anyways I will search into books from ibn Rajab and ibn qayyim
                                I'll be honest some of the sayings I've read about ibn qayyim are mind blowing like really deep and make you ponder about this life and the hereafter

This is a book I've read some of before years ago, don't remember if I read it completely but yea remember reading some though Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek 👍

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201226_231658__01_compress98.jpg Views:	1 Size:	180.2 KB ID:	12750067

Also.found these two books I got which I've never read, this one in particular I want to read by ibn katheer 'miracles & merits' of Allah's messenger sallahu alayhi wa salaam

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201226_231719__01_compress15.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	12750068
                                also got this which i read in sha Allah (below)
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201226_231730__01_compress1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	12750069
                                Last edited by Simply_Logical; 27-12-20, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X