Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at buying hadith and tafsir books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Ohhh okay didn't know that JazakAllah khayran

By the way what does iirc stand for?
    If i recall correctly
    JazakAllah khayran

Comment

I really want to get musnad Ahmed insha'Allah
      Guys and girls correct me if I'm mistaken but even though Musnad Ahmed is the biggest collection of hadiths it is not the most reliable one? And even if it was reliable I would suggest starting with something more concise to get an overall picture (Sahi Bukhari excellant for such) then zooming into topics that require immediate attention from more elaborate (and needing to be accurate) texts. Also, I think Imam Bukhari (rahimAllah) was the only compiler of the hadiths who was alive during some of the time of Imam Ahmed (rahimAllah), the last of the 4 great Imams. I know the 4 imams all fall under the first 3 generations of Muslim but forgot if Imam Bukhari is.

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

I'm looking at buying hadith and tafsir books, which ones would you recommend?

I have riyadhus saliheen which I lurve Alhamdulillah
        وعليكم السلام ورحمه الله وبركاته

Tafsir Ibn Kathir, you have Hisnul Muslim already akhi?

If your going to go through Entire Bukhari, Muslim and other collections, you need a qualified teacher/Muhadith, self interpretation can lead to disaster.

جزاك الله خيرا
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz12 View Post

Guys and girls correct me if I'm mistaken but even though Musnad Ahmed is the biggest collection of hadiths it is not the most reliable one? And even if it was reliable I would suggest starting with something more concise to get an overall picture (Sahi Bukhari excellant for such) then zooming into topics that require immediate attention from more elaborate (and needing to be accurate) texts. Also, I think Imam Bukhari (rahimAllah) was the only compiler of the hadiths who was alive during some of the time of Imam Ahmed (rahimAllah), the last of the 4 great Imams. I know the 4 imams all fall under the first 3 generations of Muslim but forgot if Imam Bukhari is.
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

If your going to go through Entire Bukhari, Muslim and other collections, you need a qualified teacher/Muhadith, self interpretation can lead to disaster.

جزاك الله خيرا
            Just dont interpret it

Comment

جزاك الله خيرا
              is hisnul muslim the same as fortress of a muslim?

so you think its better to avoid getting them in case of fear of self interpretation?

Comment

is hisnul muslim the same as fortress of a muslim?

so you think its better to avoid getting them in case of fear of self interpretation?
                Yes it is

buy it
                just dont interpret it by your seld

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

No riyadus saliheen is by imam nawawi and is has authentic and unauthentic narrations and less different chapters

lulu has hadith from bukhari and muslim work and contains only authentic narrations and has more chapters iirc
                  Akhi Simply Logical, I'd advise you to avoid Abu Julaybeeb, who seems to following some fringe minority opinion.

I asked Sheikh Abu Musab about Abu julaybeeb claims, he confirmed Riyadhus Saliheen is authentic. Imaam an-nawawi, imaam Abu daawood, imaam At-Tirmidhi Rahimahumullaah etc graded it as authentic.

Abu Julaybeeb is probably following Sheikh Albani,

جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

Akhi Simply Logical, I'd advise you to avoid Abu Julaybeeb, who seems to following some fringe minority opinion.

I asked Sheikh Abu Musab about Abu julaybeeb claims, he confirmed Riyadhus Saliheen is authentic. Imaam an-nawawi, imaam Abu daawood, imaam At-Tirmidhi Rahimahumullaah etc graded it as authentic.

جزاك الله خيرا
                    ive always been under the impression that riyadhus saliheen is authentic thats why i got it in the first place Allahu Alam

Comment

ive always been under the impression that riyadhus saliheen is authentic thats why i got it in the first place Allahu Alam
                      بارك الله فيكم it is authentic.

Comment

بارك الله فيكم it is authentic.
                        JazakAllah Khair

Comment

جزاك الله خيرا
                          I never said its not authentic
                          Before u run off to abu musab and misinterpret what i say

i meant not every hadith in it is authentic as in not every hadith is saheeh

second of all muhaditheen differ in regards to hadith authentification some will say a hadith is saheeh whilst others will say its daeef and thats their individual respected ijtihaad u dont have to agree with them if u dont want to but at the same time they have their evidences

second of all i actually prefer mutaqadimeen and their methodology in hadith rather the mutaakhireen

and if people in your chat are gonna say albani wasnt a scholar then dont refer to the people you ask questions to as shaykh either

Comment

Telling people dont read hadith books without a shaykh
                            next is gonna be dont read quran without a shaykh

Comment

Telling people dont read hadith books without a shaykh
                              next is gonna be dont read quran without a shaykh
                              Really where did I say that?

I said don't self interpret.

You seem to be confused akhi.

​​​​​​

Comment

I never said its not authentic
                                Before u run off to abu musab and misinterpret what i say

i meant not every hadith in it is authentic as in not every hadith is saheeh

second of all muhaditheen differ in regards to hadith authentification some will say a hadith is saheeh whilst others will say its daeef and thats their individual respected ijtihaad u dont have to agree with them if u dont want to but at the same time they have their evidences

second of all i actually prefer mutaqadimeen and their methodology in hadith rather the mutaakhireen

and if people in your chat are gonna say albani wasnt a scholar then dont refer to the people you ask questions to as shaykh either
                                You are not qualified to discuss the science of hadith, secondly you claimed it contains inauthentic hadith, which is exactly what I said.

You seem to have a comprehension issue.

I asked a qualified alim, instead of joe bloggs such as yourself.

Did I say he wasn't a scholar ?

Post evidence, otherwise stop making assumptions.

I said majority of the Ulema have said Riyadhus Saliheen is reliable and Authentic, you posted a fringe opinion as though that it contains Authentic and Inauthentic hadith.

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 19-04-19, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X