Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great book to read about Prophet Muhammad's (SAW) life?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great book to read about Prophet Muhammad's (SAW) life?

I see so many PDF files or books on the internet about our beloved Prophet(pbuh/saw) , but which one do you guys recommend?

Re: A great book to read about Prophet Muhammad's (SAW) life?

Originally posted by AdamYunus View Post
    I see so many PDF files or books on the internet about our beloved Prophet(pbuh/saw) , but which one do you guys recommend?
    The Sira is what you're after, Ibn Ishaq's is a good one.

However, take it with a grain of salt. Whilst there is truth in the Sira, it also contains falsehood.

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-seerah-series
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys

Comment

Muhammad Man and Prophet.
          Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

The sealed nectar
            It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
            "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum brother. Whichever you pick as a rule of thumb pick one written by a muslim and not also by a deviant sect of muslim. I've personally witnessed one written by a non muslim historian who besides engaging in slander obviously left out many of the lessons derived from the sirah coz obviously he did not believe in those lessons in the first place. To me the main reason why someone would read the sirah is to have a learning experience.

Originally posted by AdamYunus View Post
              Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
              Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
              That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Working...
              X