Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you learn better by the interrogative method or imperative method?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you learn better by the interrogative method or imperative method?

Imperative method

Animals can be divided into those you can eat and those you cannot eat. The urine of the former is considered pure by the Maaliki and Hanbali schools of thought. If you soil your clothes with camel urine you do not have to wash it before you pray. Because the urine of camels is pure you can drink it to derive medical benefit.

Interrogative method

Are you allowed to eat the meat of all animals?

No. Animals are divided into those whose meat you can eat and those whose meat you cannot eat.

Is the urine of animals whose meat you cannot eat pure?

All scholars agree that the urine of animals whose meat you cannot eat is impure.

What about the urine of animals whose meat you can eat?

The Maaliki and Hanbali schools of thought agree that the urine of animals whose meat you can eat is pure.

What are some examples?

The urine of camels is pure. The urine of goats is pure. The urine of sheep is pure.

Is the urine of cats pure?

No, because you cannot eat the meat of cats. Hence, its urine is impure.

If you soil your clothes with camel urine and pray in them without washing them first is your prayer valid?

According to the Hanbali and Maaliki schools of thought yes because the urine of camels is pure.

Can you drink camel urine?

Yes, you can drink camel urine and derive medical benefits from camel urine because it is pure according to the Hanbali and Maaliki schools of thought.

Which method would you learn best with?
    Watch those eyes

Re: Do you learn better by the interrogative method or imperative method?

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
    Imperative method

Animals can be divided into those you can eat and those you cannot eat. The urine of the former is considered pure by the Maaliki and Hanbali schools of thought. If you soil your clothes with camel urine you do not have to wash it before you pray. Because the urine of camels is pure you can drink it to derive medical benefit.

Interrogative method

No. Animals are divided into those whose meat you can eat and those whose meat you cannot eat.

All scholars agree that the urine of animals whose meat you cannot eat is impure.

The Maaliki and Hanbali schools of thought agree that the urine of animals whose meat you can eat is pure.

What are some examples?

The urine of camels is pure. The urine of goats is pure. The urine of sheep is pure.

If you soil your clothes with camel urine and pray in them without washing them first is your prayer valid?

According to the Hanbali and Maaliki schools of thought yes because the urine of camels is pure.

Yes, you can drink camel urine and derive medical benefits from camel urine because it is pure according to the Hanbali and Maaliki schools of thought.

:salams

Definitely the interrogative method. Come to think of it, things that I am genuinely trying to learn, I replay in my head through this way of thinking to make sure I am certain of what I am saying.

And yourself ? Is there any difference between the two? Which one is generally preferred and assumed to be the most effective?

Comment

Akhi thanks so much for posting this. I was struggling with the first method (just writing and stating facts). I guess its better to memorize by asking yourself questions and quizzes.
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Second one is better for memorizing because the stuff is already broken down and spaced out.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

Definitely the interrogative method. Come to think of it, things that I am genuinely trying to learn, I replay in my head through this way of thinking to make sure I am certain of what I am saying.

And yourself ? Is there any difference between the two? Which one is generally preferred and assumed to be the most effective?

The interrogative method. I wish I had known of it when I was back in High School and then Med School.

My wife finds it much easier. She actually enjoys learning this way and so do I.

There is a book on how to learn Arabic which is structured in this manner.
          Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
            Imperative method

Interrogative method

What are some examples?

both

Comment

Working...
            X