Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importance and Benefits of Manzil

ASA,

I have been reading about a book of Duas called Manzil. I wanted to get some info regarding what are the benefits of Manzil

and also if there is a specific count or method in which it should be recited? I have a few friends that read it on regular

basis but they do not have an answer to this so i was wondering if anyone on this forum can help me get the answer.

Also are there any different versions of Manzil? i did a search online and i see a few sites that have the audio as well as

the book but i am not sure if they are all exactly the same. The reason i ask this is because i have been previously told by

a few friends to be very careful when i search for islamic related info on the web to make sure that it is authentic. So is

there an authentic source on the web that you know that you can suggest? Also if there a Mobile version available so i can

have it in my mobile to have it with me when i need to read it.

Thanks

Re: Importance and Benefits of Manzil

:wswrwb:

You may want to visit this thread:

Benefits of Reading Manzil
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Re: Importance and Benefits of Manzil

Hadhrat Ubay bin Ka'b (rd) reports that he was once with Rasulullaah (sw) when a Bedouin came and said, "O Nabi of Allaah (sw)! I have a brother who is suffering." "What is it that ails him?" Rasulullaah (sw) asked. When the man explained that his brother was affected by the Jinn, Rasulullaah (sw) told him to bring his brother to him. (When the man came) Rasulullaah (sw) seated the man in front of him and recited the following to secure protection for him (against the Jinn):

Surah Al-Fatihah (chapter 1): verses 1 to 7
      Surah Al-Bakarah (chapter 2): verses 1 to 5, 163, 255 to 257, and 284 to 286
      Surah Al-Imran (chapter 3): verses 18, 26 and 27
      Surah Al-A'araf (chapter 7): verses 54 to 56
      Surah Al-Israa (chapter 17): verses 110 and 111
      Surah Al-Muminoon (chapter 23): verses 115 to 118
      Surah Al-Saaffaat (chapter 37): verses 1 to 11
      Surah Al-Rehman (chapter 55): verses 33 to 40
      Surah Al-Hashr (chapter 59): verses 21 to 24
      Surah Al-Jinn (chapter 72): verses 1 to 4
      Surah Al-Kaafiroon (chapter 109): verses 1 to 6
      Surah Al-Ikhlas (chapter 112): verses 1 to 4
      Surah Al-Falaq (chapter 113): verses 1 to 5
      Surah Al-Naas (chapter 114): verses 1 to 6

(After Rasulullaah(sw) recited these before him) The man then stood up as if he had never had any ailment whatsoever.(Ahmad, Haakim and Tirmidhi,as quoted in Kanzul Ummaal (Vol.1 Pg.212).)
      لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

You can download both the Arabic and English version of manzil here.
        Mazil Dua - The ayaat (verses) of the Holy Qur'an compiled herein are generally known as “Manzil”. The elders were particularly punctual in reciting this!

Comment

Working...
        X