Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The embarrassment that is...parents evening!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The embarrassment that is...parents evening!

Salaam.

I never told my parents about parents evening. =)

Peace.

Comment

when i was in year 10 my mum went to pe, and she was talking to my English teacher, and he was saying she is good at English, she has a flair for it, i dont know where she gets it from, and my mum went off on one, "what do you mean you dont know where she gets it from? you assume all asians have uneducated parents, i taught english a level myself.......

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
      (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

lol, +1 for this thread
        Islamic Lectures and Videos
        Halal Restaurant and Masjid Finder
        Halal Vitamins
        Reliable Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by muslemah View Post
          haha no ukhti, i was good student, they didnt need to say bad of me, joking.
          my father wasnt like that :p,
          my father didnt favorite it was the opposite and everybody knew that, so they
          had nothing to fear :p
          i wasnt allowed to call him father in school, and
          not call my mother mother either, they was harder on me :p,
          because students and teacher easily can begin talk bad, so it wasnt so fun, cause sometimes even some kid did wrong to me i got punishment anyway, cause if the other kid got punishment they would say because its my father :p
          like once when a kid hit me and i hit her back, haha, at that time i wasnt happy,
          now i laugh about it.

lol having parents in school is bad!!!
          every little thing u do the teachers will be like must i tell ur dad about u argh lol

Comment

Originally posted by sumz View Post
            lol having parents in school is bad!!!
            every little thing u do the teachers will be like must i tell ur dad about u argh lol
            yes :) but in the later years of high school, my father changed work to word for dawah, so i just had my mother as teacher the later years before going to college, so no problem, alhamdullilah it was good school, cause it was for just muslims, so in our schedule we had jumu3a, and prayer times, and like islam courses, so its very good.
            its funny memories, like when i had to wake up 5 thirty every morning, so dad could open the school, and we was the first people there, me and my brother and dad, scary alone in the school :s haha so funny :D now i begin think of all childhood memories :D alhamdullilah

Comment

* School letter to me
              * I get it, sign it and tick the box 'I'm sorry but I can't attend, please see to my son/daughter instead *

Job done.

Oh my dad went once I told him my form tutor was racist.

Comment

thats not embarassment! you guys are talkin like you're kinder garten students...

Comment

Originally posted by AvenueToPeace View Post
                  thats not embarassment! you guys are talkin like you're kinder garten students...
                  Well I don't really find it embarassing now, now I can laugh about it...but back then it was V.embarrasing.
                  Du'a and the seeking of protection from Allah are like weapons, but the sharpness of a weapon is not sufficient for it to cause effect, for the person that handles it also plays a role. So whenever the weapon is a perfect one, having no flaw in it, and the forearm is strong, and there are no preventing factors, then it will cause an effect on the enemy...
                  Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Comment

:salams:

My parents evening was always good :D cuz

a) I was a good student
                    b) they always had a book fair at the same time so students could go there while parents were with teachers
                    There is light at the end of the tunnel... but only if you wish to see it

Comment

Parents evening?

I don't tell my parents about it, and I don't go.

Comment

I never allowed my parents to see the stupid letter never mind attend.

Comment

ahhh fond memories, lol.
                          "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

With some is us brown ppl, you take the siblings and sometimes the dad
                            then your teacher mistakes the siblings for your parents

LOL

I think I only went to one in secondary school
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Interesting stories but I feel like this is a form of backbiting
                              عوّد على السهر يا الله
                              Upon Prophetic Methodology

Comment

Working...
                              X