SRE: Sex Education from age of 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SRE: Sex Education from age of 5

start sex ed the first time that a child asks, "where did I come from?" Be honest. The worst thing is for a kid to be curious and not get honest answers. Sex ed starts when a child wants to know what makes them a boy or girl
    Last edited by Te'oma; 13-02-09, 08:59 PM.
    I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

ÑÏ : Re: SRE: Sex Education from age of 5

when my kids first asked where they came from, i said from your mother

they saw pregnant women, they knew the baby was inside

they didnt ask more details than that until they were a bit older

i never discussed sex with my kids, my parents never discussed sex with me

this is a new ideology of telling your children about adult human sex is way inappropriate

my son, graduated college, his professor told him that my son was dysfunctional because i didnt talk to him about sex and masturbation

the professor said that he discusses such subjects with his 5yr old
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

... and then they go off and try and wonder why the uk has the highest pregnancy rate in the western world amongst teens..

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

children get their sex ed from the television...
          "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
          ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by OBL View Post
            Don't matter what age they are, having non Muslim teach your Muslim kids the filth of their sex education. They teach about homosexuality that there's nothing wrong with it, these people got no morals they think it's ok to fornicate as long as it's done safely. Muslim should get their kids out of these schools.

I agree

when we had sex ed in school we were not just taught about the action and 'where babies come from' etc but we were told that masturbation is 'healthy' and we were encouraged to do it :vomit: and encouraged to talk about it!! so we had girls (non muslims) who would say 'how' they -you know- and discussed with each other. It was so awful honestly

in addition we were told about homosexuality and the concept of 'marriage' never even came in to the scene. we were told about 'experimenting' with many partners :wacko: it's things like these which makes me grow more towards the idea of homeschooling.
            "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
            Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
              I agree

when we had sex ed in school we were not just taught about the action and 'where babies come from' etc but we were told that masturbation is 'healthy' and we were encouraged to do it :vomit: and encouraged to talk about it!! so we had girls (non muslims) who would say 'how' they -you know- and discussed with each other. It was so awful honestly

in addition we were told about homosexuality and the concept of 'marriage' never even came in to the scene. we were told about 'experimenting' with many partners :wacko: it's things like these which makes me grow more towards the idea of homeschooling.
              Totally agree with that...They encourage people to do masturbation...whats wrong with these people? i only sat twice in that sex ed class then i never went
              الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                at what age should muslim children be taught sex ed or be spoken to about puberty etc?

I'm talking about parents talking to their child/children or teaching them...what age would be best do you think?
                around puberty age, 11/12/13 and in a very general words relevant mainly to pberty changes, not the acts themselves**blushed* and in a uni-gender schools !!!

Comment

i remember there was this worksheet for pshe set for year 2 chn where there was an outline picture of a human. the learning objective was for chn to recognise different parts of bodies. the other yr 2 teacher was telling me ' dont worry if the kids make an outline or private parts, the objective is that they recognise boys and girls are different. i was like what! however, when collecting the worksheet, only a handful drew those. im amazed to see the curriculum is being taught like this at such a young age. at least the class didnt make fun outta the lesson. otherwise i woudnt have known what to do , subhanAllaah :(
                  Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amir (ra) : 'Umar (ra) went to Sham and when he reached Sargh, he got the news that an epidemic (of plague) had broken out in Sham. 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (ra) told him that Allah's Apostle (saaw) said, "If you hear that it (plague) has broken out in a land, do not go to it; but if it breaks out in a land where you are present, do not go out escaping from it." (Book #71, Hadith #626 - Bukhari)

Comment

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 291:
                    Narrated Anas bin Malik:
                    A tailor invited Allah's Apostle to a meal which he had prepared. I went along with Allah's Apostle and saw him seeking to eat the pieces of gourd from the various sides of the dish. Since that day I have liked to eat gourd. 'Umar bin Abi Salama said: The Prophet, said to me, "Eat with your right hand."
                    sahih bukhari
                    Quran is a book of religious knowledge prescribed by God and revealed on Holy Prophet (PBUH). There are many easy sources through which you can learn the right way that leads to the Pathway to Allah. Quran Recitation is very important for us. Our very experienced Online Quran Tutor will help to make you good at reading Quran tajweed.
                    [B][URL="http://aquranrecitation.blogspot.com"]Quran Reading[/URL][/B] is a world’s first Quran tutoring insititute in Maryland, USA. We provide you with one to one [B][URL="http://aquranrecitation.blogspot.com"]Quran Recitation[/URL][/B], Quran Learning and understanding through professionally trained [B][URL="http://www.epeacequranschool.com"]Quran tutors[/URL][/B] under the supervision of American insititute.

Comment

I heard parents won't be able to opt their children out of RSE classes at primary and secondary schools. Is this true?
                      There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
                        I heard parents won't be able to opt their children out of RSE classes at primary and secondary schools. Is this true?
                        I think you can. My aunt works at a school in canada and she says that the muslim kids parents will often get their kids out of different classes and events because it goes against their religion. The schools have to comply to these requests.

I dont know if every school is like though, but they should be.

Comment

Working...
                        X