SRE: Sex Education from age of 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRE: Sex Education from age of 5

http://www.teachernet.gov.ukhttp://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...utory-sre.html - the link is available at http://sreislamic.wordpress.com). Email your distribution lists, a short message you can use is available on the campaign site as a suggestion. Do you know of any other avenues to either create awareness, gatherings where Muslims meet en masse, members of mosque committees, Islamic groups, educational organisations. Any information about forums that could move any part of this campaign on would be gratefully received.

3. Campaign Updates: Join the Sreislamic e-group (send an email to [email protected]) to receive regular campaign updates, as well as share ideas to grow the campaign. Join the Facebook group (link available on http://sreislamic.wordpress.com) and encourage others to be a part of this campaign to whatever degree they are able.

4. Volunteer: If you feel you want to do more, please let us know. We need people to help us spread the message in a more hands-on way. If you want to join us on a Friday visit to a masjid to collect signatures or you can take a number of petitions to distribute and collect from family and friends do get in touch.

5. Become a governor: Governors have a huge amount of leeway to mould the strategic direction of a school. Whether you are a community, staff, LEA or a parent governor, you can get involved to improve the educational experience of all children.

http://sreislamic.wordpress.com
    [email protected]

Re: SRE: Sex Education from age of 5

Not surprising. I think in grade 4 we had sex ed. So I was 8 or 9 when this happened and it was awkward! She made us give her names of various body parts and pointed at the naked pictures....

Anyways, I think you can take your kids out of these classes, or you can homeschool them, or send them to an Islamic school.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

I feel kids are being robbed of their childhood these days - they need to play, have fun, not think about relationships etc! They are KIds!

Comment

If you are raised on a farm around animals, sex education begins long before the age of 5
        I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
          If you are raised on a farm around animals, sex education begins long before the age of 5
          :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:
          Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Assalamu `alaykum,

You can withdraw the children from the sex education with no problem, it's just that most parents don't care, or don't realize that the curriculum is really not good.

In North America, you just send a letter to the school and the kid is withdrawn with no problem.

Also what lots of my friends do is they go before the school year starts and talk to the teachers about things that they don't want the children participating in (e.g. drawing christmas stuff), and so they plan together with the teacher an activity in which the child can also explain to the class about the islamic celebrations, or about ramadan, and so he/she can feel part of the class without having to participate in things that are not in line with islamic beliefs.

Comment

at what age should muslim children be taught sex ed or be spoken to about puberty etc?

I'm talking about parents talking to their child/children or teaching them...what age would be best do you think?
              "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
              Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

i'm not a parent but i think maybe from the age 11/12/13, that sounds ok?
                but five? thats nuts.let children be children for heavens sake.
                The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

err why would you need to...we weren't...

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                    at what age should muslim children be taught sex ed or be spoken to about puberty etc?

I'm talking about parents talking to their child/children or teaching them...what age would be best do you think?
                    It really depends on the child, but I think the first signs of puberty is a good time to raise the subject, as it can help them understand the reasons why their bodies are changing....it also gives you an "access point" to what (let's be honest) can be a very difficult subject to approach for many parents.

We have to be pro-active about this, especially those of us who live in kaffir countries where displays of overt sexuality and sexual behaviour are extremely common.

It's better their education in these matters come from us, their parents, who care for their emotional well-being, rather than the other kids in the school playground or the filthy behaviour they WILL witness in their everyday lives.

If we don't help them understand, they will only draw their own conclusions from the things they hear and see (and act upon those conclusions)...and that could be potentially devastating, for them and us.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

i'm not a parent but i think maybe from the age 11/12/13, that sounds ok?
                      Don't matter what age they are, having non Muslim teach your Muslim kids the filth of their sex education. They teach about homosexuality that there's nothing wrong with it, these people got no morals they think it's ok to fornicate as long as it's done safely. Muslim should get their kids out of these schools.
                      Last edited by OBL; 13-02-09, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                        The Quran and hadiths talk about it, so it's bound to come up sooner or later. What if they ask you about what Allah means here? Would you just say, "nothing, move on!" :S

If your child reaches puberty, I think it's good to talk about it then. It's better that the hear it from you, as oppose to their classmates who will definitely tell them about it even if they don't want to hear it.... :(
                        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                        [2:186]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                          The Quran and hadiths talk about it, so it's bound to come up sooner or later. What if they ask you about what Allah means here? Would you just say, "nothing, move on!" :S

If your child reaches puberty, I think it's good to talk about it then. It's better that the hear it from you, as oppose to their classmates who will definitely tell them about it even if they don't want to hear it.... :(
                          Well we never had to ask that stuff...it's one of those things you just find out later in life, well yeah :rofl1: primary school class mates, but still we never thought anything of it...when we were kids we were reading sabak, quran, 40hadith etc, we weren't looking at hadith on relations with opposite gender and that :p

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post

The best rule of thumb is to simply give them open, honest answers, plus relevent Islamic teachings, when they ask the questions. I'm not sure that sitting a child down and saying "right, time to learn about the birds and the bees" and then telling them the "horrible truth" is necessarily the best way, it just confounds the embarassment of parent and child and makes it harder to broach the subject in the future... whearas concentrating from the outset, on being open and honest with your children, and maintaining lines of communication between you means that they won't be afraid to ask you questions, and will be much more likely to ask you, rather than ask someone else these questions. That way you will know that they are getting correct biological information, in conjunction with Islamic teachings about them.

Kids questions start as soon as they start learning about the world (especially if they live on a farm lol!!!), like where do babies come from, how did the baby get in mummy's tummy etc. You don't need to go into graphic detail, what is important is that you give them honest answers and show - by the fact you are happy to answer their questions and also by telling them - that they can come and ask you questions about these things. Then continue this as they get older and their questions on this subject get more complicated.

Teaching them about Islam should be a high priority for any parent, and they will see non Muslim life going on around them, and you need to be able to explain what is going on, AND what Islam teaches about it, and WHY Islam teaches that (e.g. consequences of sex outside of marriage for the individual and for society) in a way that is appropriate to their age and the kinds of questions they are asking.
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                              because teenagers (and even preteens sometimes) keep on getting pregnant and getting STD's.

Unfortunately lack of education in schools isn't the problem: things that encourage kids to grow up too quickly (e.g. shows like brats about hair, make-up and dating aimed at primary school aged girls!!!) - a lack of education and guidance AT HOME - these are big parts of the problem. I can fully understand why non Muslim schools are doing the only part they can, by trying to provide guidance and correct information to counteract the incorrect information the children learn in the playground - but really it's only fire-fighting, it doesn't cure the root of the problem.

Then parents who prefer to actually give their kids guidance at home instead of not bothering at all or just leaving it to the school, are made to feel like they are doing something wrong. The reality is, if parents do a good job in providing guidance and correct information at home, the schools don't need to do sex education at all!!! So if you are teaching and guiding your children on these matters at home, take them out of sex ed classes at school :up:
                              Last edited by dhak1yya; 13-02-09, 06:07 PM.
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X