X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Writing the killer CV

Assalaamualaykum,

Does the brother still help out with CV's? I have a CV here that could do with reading through for advice?

Comment

:start:

:salams

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
      Assalaamualaykum,

Does the brother still help out with CV's? I have a CV here that could do with reading through for advice?

i could check it for you if you want? (you can omit personal details :insha: )

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post

Everyone make Dua i get a year's placement locally and i'll post mine up :insha:

How's that for a deal? :)

:sub:

I completely forgot my promise here, :insha: i will find my cv, cut the person details and upload as stated.

I did my placement year and even came out of it unscathed Alhamdulillah so i will try and find my cv and post it up :insha:

:wswrwb:
      Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Oh sis that would be fantastic!!! Could you just let me know what experience you have with CV's or if its something to do with your career then what that is? :o

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
          Oh sis that would be fantastic!!! Could you just let me know what experience you have with CV's or if its something to do with your career then what that is? :o
          Sure :insha: :)

Basically i've always liked the english langauge and so love essay writing and so on- Allah knows why i picked a comp sci degree but i like stuff to do with this. I wrote my CV a few years back to try and get a summer job and expanded on it every year.

Attended loads of agencies & fairs to gain more knowledge. I worked for a company where the employees range in hundreds of thousands if not millions, i've had access to many CV's from others and read them too- attended meetings and actual interview to see how the whole stage is played out amongst other stuff.

Yet it it's about you generally- how you display yourself, you don't even need all the stuff they ask in a job desc but it's how you present yourself which counts- they look at your style, technique.

Having good morals is belive it or not important- honesty, trust, hard working they are noted and you don't have to write this down for them to pick up on it.

:wswrwb:
          Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Here is a rough outline of what my CV looked like when I was still at University, and applying for arty farty type jobs lol :p Keep in mind its an old layout so you can edit it to make it more up to date. Also if you are into IT etc, you should have a section regarding programs you know, applications etc. Personal profile is not that important on a technical CV. Always tailor your CV to suit the vacancy you are applying for and to emphasize your best qualities :up:

Keep your CV clean, simple and to the point; don't beat around the bush with your words :up:
            Last edited by ze leetle elper; 16-04-08, 05:12 PM.
            What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
            Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
            Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
            but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
            but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
            We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
            freedom from slavery to other than the One,
            Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
            and a horizon that extends to the next life,
            Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Go to library or waterstones in the Career section.

Get sample CV book. They have loads of books with have excellent sample cv and also excllent cover letters.

Comment

i dont know what to writeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it seems as though im writting a story lmao. do i have to write done my gcse grades or can i just write i did well in them ... or at least something down those lines...? is 4 short term work experiences ok?
                "Then Which Of The Favours Of Your Lord Will You Deny"

:love: Surah Ar Rahman :love:

Comment

Originally posted by CryingForGaza View Post
                  i dont know what to writeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it seems as though im writting a story lmao. do i have to write done my gcse grades or can i just write i did well in them ... or at least something down those lines...? is 4 short term work experiences ok?

this is a really good guideline for a starter CV

http://www.careers.brad.ac.uk/studen...ideline_CV.pdf

some things are optional, so make note, and also with regards to GCSE's, you only need to list a few, like the first 3 best ones or something

do you have a deadline for your CV?
                  لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by slaveofalmajeed View Post
                    Can you please post a sample CV please inshaallah?
                    Since when did killers require cv's? :evilb:

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                      this is a really good guideline for a starter CV

http://www.careers.brad.ac.uk/studen...ideline_CV.pdf

some things are optional, so make note, and also with regards to GCSE's, you only need to list a few, like the first 3 best ones or something

do you have a deadline for your CV?
                      no nopt really but inshallah i need to get a job soon :S in in debt already at this ageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                      "Then Which Of The Favours Of Your Lord Will You Deny"

:love: Surah Ar Rahman :love:

Comment

Originally posted by CryingForGaza View Post
                        no nopt really but inshallah i need to get a job soon :S in in debt already at this ageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                        ok I can help you out so if you want to PM me your current CV or details you want to include in your CV (you can omit your personal stuff like name/address) etc I'll try my best, inshallah.

I'll probs get back to you after tomorrow though (I have some deadlines).
                        لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

Jazakallahu Khairan for taking your time to write this beautiful guide!:up:

Comment

my cv needs alot of polishing.Is there anyone who can help?.Im desperate for a job:o.

Comment

No DOB should be on CV.

Also would be nice for a sample good cv to bs attached.

Others can google best cv.

Originally posted by seven View Post

Date of birth and nationality
                              Employers are not allowed to discriminate, but putting these details down saves them having to ask you. If you are not a citizen of the country in which you are applying special arrangements may have to be made.

Comment

A cover letter should be attached with cv.

Cv and cover letter should be tailored for each job.

Good examples of cover letters can be found on net google best cover letters.

You can make books on cv from library and waterstone careers sections (21days return policy they have).

Whimsith have 30 days return policy but may not have as many books on cv/cover letters as waterstones.

So may be better to go for waterstones.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X