Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hay how can i be less honest about being a clever genius?
    i`ve managed to get calls for interview...but when i tell them how clever i am they dont want to know...

and that and i keep sayin im busy..hehehe

hay guys/gals from the UK...have you herd of JAM IT Consutancy...
    Originally posted by Beyazid
    Some small hints :)

Customise your c.v according to the job your applying for. they tell you what their requirements are in the job add.

sometimes being too honest about your skills isn't helpful. when i first left university i had rejections from jobs for being to experienced. so pitch the c.v at the level of the job your applying for.

Get a nice solid C.V and customise it for each job application as needed.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

What if I wrote my CV in the form of a poem?! he he he... that'd be catchy,aye?
      WILL I GET THE JOB?! lol..(Monkeying around!)
      Life goes on ...

Comment

If the boss will appreciate it , you will be hire. You needed some time to do it;)

Comment

Originally posted by Beyazid
          Some small hints :)

Customise your c.v according to the job your applying for. they tell you what their requirements are in the job add.

sometimes being too honest about your skills isn't helpful. when i first left university i had rejections from jobs for being to experienced. so pitch the c.v at the level of the job your applying for.

Get a nice solid C.V and customise it for each job application as needed.
          exactly wot i did. i can say wid confidence my cv looks very professional..... i've been told too *not gloating* :D

Comment

Can you please post a sample CV please inshaallah?

Comment

Re: Writing the killer CV

:start:

:salams

After days of checking on my CV and getting others to check it i presented a pleasing CV (IMO :p ) to the career manager who has to approve the CV, she dissected it and said it MUST be MAXIMUM two pages. So after a few more days of editing, removing, altering margins, shifting fonts and font sizes. I now have two pages.

Yet i wonder.... it would have been easier and simpler to squash an elephant on my CV- there is barely any white space left :p

Right now proceeding to phase two: the covering letter. :insha:

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Anyone got any links to really stylish looking cv's...
                Our Brothers and Sisters need our help. Do what you can to help them!!
                Inna Ma Al-Usri Yusra :::::
                "Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief".(94.6)

Comment

We need an example of a CV and need it now :D
                  Saying of Mohammed (pbuh)
                  "Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to Allah, & fighting with him is infidelity".

Passion Of Christ (Eesa A.S) <--- check it out :banbear: :hidban: :banbear: :hidban: :banbear: :hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by Refugee
                    We need an example of a CV and need it now :D
                    Everyone make Dua i get a year's placement locally and i'll post mine up :insha:

How's that for a deal? :)

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

If you want you can take a look at mines Fatima? Nick the layout if you like :p

Drop me a PM if you want me to send you it
                      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony
                        If you want you can take a look at mines Fatima? Nick the layout if you like :p

Drop me a PM if you want me to send you it
                        Awww :jkk: Wallahi i done mine but getting a few pointers would be great :D

:love:

Comment

The thing about CV's is to make it concise, to the point and hard hitting. Have hard hitting points like PERSONAL DEATAILS....

EDUCATION.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

SKILLS AND ABILITIES

AND REFEREES.

Make it snappy and hard......

knock them off their feet :up:

Comment

I was advised by loads of people about NOT to put referees on your C.V - and about knocking them on their feet, its easy on your interview day dress as a suicide bomber - that will work
                            "Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to Allah, & fighting with him is infidelity".

Passion Of Christ (Eesa A.S) <--- check it out :banbear: :hidban: :banbear: :hidban: :banbear: :hidban:

Comment

Just a Question..

erm..I just wanted to ask...at what age should one make a CV?

Insha'Allah :)

:wswrwb:
                              :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

Re: Just a Question..

Originally posted by janathi

erm..I just wanted to ask...at what age should one make a CV?

Insha'Allah :)

:wswrwb:
                                I think the age you want to look for a job gotta be at least 16 if you are in UK

Comment

Working...
                                X