Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The S.M.A.R.T way to find a job InshaAllah- Ummah style.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The S.M.A.R.T way to find a job InshaAllah- Ummah style.

:start:

:salams

:|=.===.= :|
    \ O /
    (_)
    _/ \_

Looking for a job can be stressful and we at Ummah can help :insha: (ok stop with the cheesy advert! :p )

:insha: a thread dedicated to the whole cv/covering letter/job interviews/job process. Please no messing about here :insha:

I’m helping people with their CV’s off Ummah but as many of your are Ummah members I thought useful stuff can be posted here to benefit others too :insha:

Anything at all, please don’t be shy or embarrassed to post even if it is the night before the interview or you have a few hours left to submit a CV. :insha: we can do it as a team.:1peace:

Even if it’s just some support or any random question relevant to the whole process- doesn’t matter, please post it :insha:

________
    ()________)
    \::::::::::::\
    \:: SMART::\
    \::::::::::::/
    ~~~~~~~

The S.M.A.R.T team - -:love: smiling Muslims association of recruited thinkers :love:

This won’t be like SAFA GIG cuz we’ll be doing some work here ( :p ) and helping each other, hope people will contribute esp the older members as you must remember when you were young how stressful and daunting this whole process was- you might still experience it now- but maybe some of you might have become jaded- here’s a chance to refresh yourselves InshaAllah :D

:wswrwb:
    I’m in :insha: (& I’m not budging cuz I’m smart :blobblue: )
    45.45%
    I will also :insha: help out :love:
    54.55%
    Last edited by *IslamicGirl*; 26-02-08, 08:30 PM.
    Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Re: The S.M.A.R.T way to find a job InshaAllah- Ummah style.

mustbepatient really needs to seek help here cuz he can never find a job
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

I have had pretty much no work experience worth mentioning in the last 20 years and I left school with less than dazzling exam results.

Any suggestions Umm Socky?
      The following statement is completely true

The previous statement is totally false

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad2 View Post
        I have had pretty much no work experience worth mentioning in the last 20 years and I left school with less than dazzling exam results.

Any suggestions Umm Socky?
        You have to write something impressive on the cv. I promised i'd be posting mine, i'll do that in a bit after editing personal details and you can rip off it if you want- just change the words around :)

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

This was my covering letter for my placement CV- Alhamdulillah it worked and all the spare ones, i made paper planes out of them :)

The covering letter is pretty essential as it is the fiest thing that will grab the focus of your employee- you have to advertise yourself as boldly as possible without 'smothering' them. Ooze self confidence but don't throttle them with it :p

Attached Files

Comment

hey sis

we were taught a little differently on how to write a cover letter.

its basically the same as yours with one paragraph on your work & education background, and the last paragraph is you thanking and its closing but for us we have a first paragraph that is an intro kind of just introducing yourself, where you found this position to be available and some general skills that directly relate.
            Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
              hey sis

we were taught a little differently on how to write a cover letter.

its basically the same as yours with one paragraph on your work & education background, and the last paragraph is you thanking and its closing but for us we have a first paragraph that is an intro kind of just introducing yourself, where you found this position to be available and some general skills that directly relate.

I guess it can vary but you want to try that bit 'different' but your skills come into the cv, which :insha: i'll post a bit later. You don't want to make the covering letter too too long as it's glanced upon with key words being picked on- it's the CV that gets the attention and i've seen the employers highlighting key words from the cv.

Comment

Salaam,

How can I attach you my cv, I would appreciate it if you can check it for me.

Jazakallah
                Never give the devil a ride, He will always want to drive

Comment

Originally posted by Mujib View Post
                  Salaam,

How can I attach you my cv, I would appreciate it if you can check it for me.

Jazakallah

sure :insha: please just take out personal details- not that i would prank call you or send you dodgy packages ( :p )

if you pm me your cv or your e-mail address i'll check it out, but to re-iterate please do remove personal details scuh as your address, number and stuff like that please :)

And i need to upload my cv as promised sorry for running behind :insha: i will do soon

Comment

*****IMPORTANT*****: Can i please stress again that :insha: feel free to send me your CV's, i don't mind one bit checking them but you must take out your personal details, esp the brothers.

i don't want to know your age, your number or where you live.

This is irrelevant and i'm not your boss.

Please try :insha: to extract personal information before sending me the cv's.

:jkk:

Comment

I need help with getting companies to call me

cuz i ve made a ton of application, and have only ever had one interview, and thy never called, even thought they told me I was at the top of their list
                      May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                        I need help with getting companies to call me

cuz i ve made a ton of application, and have only ever had one interview, and thy never called, even thought they told me I was at the top of their list

Do you have a covering letter with you cv?

If yes- then review it :insha: see if you can make it stand out
                        and if no: think about maybe writing one :insha: cuz they do pull the attention of the reader esp if you summarise your skills.

Comment

whats a CV

no I never write a cover letter, because im applying at places like fast food restaurants and grocery stores
                          May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                            whats a CV

es
                            cv- curriculum vitae

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/cv/cvexamples.htm

Comment

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post

cv- curriculum vitae

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/cv/cvexamples.htm

a resume?
                              May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Working...
                              X