Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Platforms to study ilm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Platforms to study ilm

    Bismillah,

    Many people want to learn about the deen, learn about Ilm but dont know where to start. This thread is for people to share information or links on institutes or platforms whether in real life or online so that people can find it easier to access Ulama and start studying the deen.

    Please Share information or links for institutes or platforms where people can learn. Only those with Ulama please and thank you.

  • #2
    To begin with you can apply to Islamic universities such as

    Islamic university of

    Medina

    Jeddah

    Riyadh

    Makkah

    Naseem

    Azhar

    Sharjah

    (Ladies can also apply to one of them in Saudi either riyadh or jeddah I forgot which one though they will need a mahram)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
      To begin with you can apply to Islamic universities such as

      Islamic university of

      Medina

      Jeddah

      Riyadh

      Makkah

      Naseem

      Azhar

      Sharjah

      (Ladies can also apply to one of them in Saudi either riyadh or jeddah I forgot which one though they will need a mahram)
      It's in Riyadh and it's called Princess Noora University. Sisters can also apply to Taibah University in Madinah and Umm ul Qura in Makkah.
      Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

      Comment


      • #4
        It's better to learn Arabic while applying and while studying at these universities if one gets in. I haven't heard good things about the Arabic programs in Saudi, even in the University of Madinah. I can't speak for all programs, though. Many students who solely rely on these Arabic programs don't come out strong in the language. Studying online with Egyptian teachers before and while studying in these universities is a good option. One doesn't need to go to Egypt to do that.
        Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 17-05-22, 07:25 AM.
        Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
          It's better to learn Arabic while applying and while studying at these universities if one gets in. I haven't heard good things about the Arabic programs in Saudi, even in the University of Madinah. I can't speak for all programs, though. Many students who solely rely on these Arabic programs don't come out strong in the language. Studying online with Egyptian teachers before and while studying in these universities is a good option. One doesn't need to go to Egypt to do that.
          Egypt is best for language but yes it can be done at home
          You just need someone to conversate with which can be done online now

          Problem is people seem to learn grammar before conversation and vocabulary which is not the natural way to study any language

          The best example is a child and how they learn to speak

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

            Egypt is best for language but yes it can be done at home
            You just need someone to conversate with which can be done online now

            Problem is people seem to learn grammar before conversation and vocabulary which is not the natural way to study any language

            The best example is a child and how they learn to speak
            The main objective there is to gain access to the Arabic texts... Hence the focus on grammar. Conversation seems something of an afterthought, especially in the first couple of years... That's from what small experience I've had on-line and in person over the years.

            Sr .khayriyyah. - Any recommendations for these online programs / Egyptian teachers?

            Yet to come accross any place here in South West London. Need to go all the way out to East to find anything, and even then it's non-natives teaching.
            Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 3 weeks ago.
            ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

              The main objective there is to gain access to the Arabic texts... Hence the focus on grammar. Conversation seems something of an afterthought, especially in the first couple of years... That's from what small experience I've had on-line and in person over the years.

              Sr .khayriyyah. - Any recommendations for these online programs / Egyptian teachers?

              Yet to come accross any place here in South West London. Need to go all the way out to East to find anything, and even then it's non-natives teaching.
              You need vocabulary before grammar

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                The main objective there is to gain access to the Arabic texts... Hence the focus on grammar. Conversation seems something of an afterthought, especially in the first couple of years... That's from what small experience I've had on-line and in person over the years.
                Sr .khayriyyah. - Any recommendations for these online programs / Egyptian teachers?
                Yet to come accross any place here in South West London. Need to go all the way out to East to find anything, and even then it's non-natives teaching.
                As was said above, vocabulary is much more important in the beginning than grammar. If you have enough vocabulary and your grammar is at a basic level, you can still have a good understaning of a good portion of what you read or listen to.

                Try http://kalimah-center.com. They're based in Egypt and I've heard good things about their online classes. Don't just study with any online program from maraakiz there. Even if their in-person classes are good or are popular, sometimes their online classes are terrible due to poor organization and so on. And unfortunately, sometimes private teachers on their own will try to rip you off horribly because you're from the West.
                Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                  You need vocabulary before grammar
                  Tbh, with vocabulary, the ones I was involved in didn't really neglect learning a lot of vocabulary, it was moreso the lack of verbally using that vocabulary and re-enforcing/consolidating it.
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

                    Tbh, with vocabulary, the ones I was involved in didn't really neglect learning a lot of vocabulary, it was moreso the lack of verbally using that vocabulary and re-enforcing/consolidating it.
                    ​​​​​​
                    ​​​​​​
                    You need both

                    Comment

                    Collapse

                    Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                    Working...
                    X