Studying islam from western universities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying islam from western universities

Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

I want to study Islam from authentic sources namely quran and sunnah. Being deaf, Muslim countries habe little support or resources for special needs people.

My parents are pressuring me to study islam from western universities. They also shared same opinion as mentioned above that muslims have little support and their medium of teaching are often spoken in their local languages, and they say that western universities have facilities for special needs people. But I am not accepting them because I know they will not teach Islam in authentic way, and there are also orientalists in them, who have slandered against islam.

I am too reluctant to study from them, I am not sure what I can do.

JazakAllah khair

Maybe the Cambridge run mostly by Abdul Hakim Murad is a good option. There are online study curriculums.

Learn maybe well Arabic before and read additional books.

You should ask s lot of duas like:
    Rabbi zidni ilman warzuqni fahman
    Allahumma inni asalukal huda wassadaad
    Allahumma khirli wakhtarli
    Allahumma arinal haqqa haqqan warzuqna tibaah wa arinal batilan batila warzuqnajtinabah

Please find in Arabic.
    Read please a lot daily before, during and after studies in addition to salawat ibrahimi, estegfar, shukr, sunnah dhikr, asma ul husna, Quran wirid, nawafil fasting.

Without sincere niyyah, ibadah-as duas, you will almost not be able to grasp anything.

Comment

Don't do it

Comment

Wa alaikum assalam

May Allah swt reward you for your hardships and make the way easy for you.
        As you said the "Islamic studies" in the UK universities are a study of Islam through an orientalist lens, it isn't an in depth knowledge of Islam, more a critical analysis. You will not gain any knowledge from this.
        I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions, but there is an Islamic charity in the UK for deaf Muslims called Al Isharah, perhaps they can help you in this respect.

Alternatively there is Islamic Online University, I believe some of the forum members study with this organization and it is reasonably priced too.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post
          Wa alaikum assalam

May Allah swt reward you for your hardships and make the way easy for you.
          As you said the "Islamic studies" in the UK universities are a study of Islam through an orientalist lens, it isn't an in depth knowledge of Islam, more a critical analysis. You will not gain any knowledge from this.
          I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions, but there is an Islamic charity in the UK for deaf Muslims called Al Isharah, perhaps they can help you in this respect.

Alternatively there is Islamic Online University, I believe some of the forum members study with this organization and it is reasonably priced too.
          JazakAllah khair for your reply regarding islamic online university. I've considered it for long, but then they only have audios, although in their free diploma, all courses have pdfs. I will try to look up on Al isharah in sha Allah.

Comment

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
            no matter how good western universities are they are not where you should learn islam because the goverments of those coutires hate islam so no doubts they are going to either distort it teachings or teach you the cute version they want
            i remenber seing on a greek education book about religion where the part that is suppose to introduce them to islam but it only bombards them with misconceptions about it

Comment

Originally posted by Murid View Post

Maybe the Cambridge run mostly by Abdul Hakim Murad is a good option. There are online study curriculums.

Learn maybe well Arabic before and read additional books.

You should ask s lot of duas like:
              Rabbi zidni ilman warzuqni fahman
              Allahumma inni asalukal huda wassadaad
              Allahumma khirli wakhtarli
              Allahumma arinal haqqa haqqan warzuqna tibaah wa arinal batilan batila warzuqnajtinabah

Please find in Arabic.
              Read please a lot daily before, during and after studies in addition to salawat ibrahimi, estegfar, shukr, sunnah dhikr, asma ul husna, Quran wirid, nawafil fasting.

Without sincere niyyah, ibadah-as duas, you will almost not be able to grasp anything.
              Cambridge Abdul Hakim murad
              lol

Comment

There are video/lecture/speech to text services, like cloud Google speech to text.
                There are many other options.

I think Cambridge is a very good option, with a lot of ibadah, zeal and additional reading. In addition life on campus would probably be very stimulative and inclusive.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X