No announcement yet.

Islamic Online Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you guys have to study in Eng101, Eng102 and Computer studies (is it just how to use the net and cutting and pasting etc, i.e. just basic stuff) ?

I did ask if I could have a waver in Eng101/102 as I was born and live in the UK, but I was told no...
    "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
    (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post
      What did you guys have to study in Eng101, Eng102 and Computer studies (is it just how to use the net and cutting and pasting etc, i.e. just basic stuff) ?

I did ask if I could have a waver in Eng101/102 as I was born and live in the UK, but I was told no...
      Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Computers was a waste of time for me but eng 102 they teach you some Islamic stuff too granted not in depth but it was interesting

Didn't do eng 101
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Computers was a waste of time for me but eng 102 they teach you some Islamic stuff too granted not in depth but it was interesting

Didn't do eng 101

Wa Alaykum Salaam Wa Rahtmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Jazaak Allah Khayr. Yeah, it looks like I just assumed that I'd have to do Eng 101, but it turns out that there is no Eng 101 as part of the BAIS lol.
        Yeah, I'm a bit worried about computers being a waste of time because I know them inside out, pretty much all aspects.
        I was under the impression that Eng 102 was basically some sort of "English as a second language" type of course, so I'm glad to hear that that's not the case Alhamdulillah.

Have you finished your BAIS now?

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
        (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

I asked if I could get a waiver for English too, but they didn't allow it. However, I really enjoyed the course. It's mostly Islamic short stories and poems that you go through.

Computers I found so boring, and I think Br Eesa did too. If you have a certificate in Computing or something then you may be able to get a waiver for it.

Comment

Wa Alaykum Salaam Wa Rahtmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Jazaak Allah Khayr. Yeah, it looks like I just assumed that I'd have to do Eng 101, but it turns out that there is no Eng 101 as part of the BAIS lol.
            Yeah, I'm a bit worried about computers being a waste of time because I know them inside out, pretty much all aspects.
            I was under the impression that Eng 102 was basically some sort of "English as a second language" type of course, so I'm glad to hear that that's not the case Alhamdulillah.

Have you finished your BAIS now?
            No second semester
            "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

I asked if I could get a waiver for English too, but they didn't allow it. However, I really enjoyed the course. It's mostly Islamic short stories and poems that you go through.

Computers I found so boring, and I think Br Eesa did too. If you have a certificate in Computing or something then you may be able to get a waiver for it.
              tbf, I was more worried about it being "English as a second language", but both Br. Eesa and you have reassured me on that front.

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/TeamReviver...40321826415779

Comment

i just started the bais after finishing many of the diploma courses and am really enjoying it. its a great way to learn in an organized way from authentic sources.

Comment

How are your studies going?

.khayriyyah.

​​​​​​​eesa the kiwi Qiyas salafi7

Comment

Haven't started mine yet unfortunately. Hoping to start in October
                      How are your stuides going?

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Haven't started mine yet unfortunately. Hoping to start in October
                        How are your stuides going?
                        Alhamdulillaah quite good. There are different subjects this term, makes it more varied and interesting.

Comment

How are your studies going?

.khayriyyah.

eesa the kiwi Qiyas salafi7
                          I decided to stop taking course with IOU. I'm trying out Knowledge College.
                          Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

I decided to stop taking course with IOU. I'm trying out Knowledge College.
                            How's Knowledge College? What are you studying with them?

Comment

How's Knowledge College? What are you studying with them?
                              I just started, but they go through an introduction where they talk about tawheed and manhaj, then they begin to go over mutoon talib al 'ilm.

https://www.knowledgecollegeonline.com
                              Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X