Islamic Online Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

I'm thinking about quitting BAIS. I feel like I'm wasting time. In the end, I really doubt I'll complete it by the end of eight years for many reasons. Why should money go towards a degree I will likely not even finish? And will I even retain all that information by the end of eight years, even if I did finish it? I feel like I'm better off watching playlists on YouTube, to be honest. I don't care about having a degree.

I was thinking about doing the Arabic program instead as I thought it may benefit me more, but I know a sister who works for them and she advised me not to do so as she feels it's a waste of time. She said that in the end, it's likely you won't be fluent, your Arabic won't be as good as an Arab teacher's, and in a shorter amount of time, you can just go to Egypt and learn much, much more. She studied in Egypt herself.

I definitely don't want to quit studying altogether, but I don't know if IOU is right for me.
    That's a shame sis.

I know you don't want the degree, but the content taught is invaluable.

Maybe just drop a few subjects and focus on Arabic, Aqeedah, and Tajweed?

Comment

Anybody started the IAP with IOU this September?
      People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Is two modules for each subject a week sufficient to get them done in time? On break I was studying a lecture series on Arabic and would like to keep listening to a little of that too inshaAllah

Just trying to work out how I need to budget my time

Indefinable
          "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            Is two modules for each subject a week sufficient to get them done in time? On break I was studying a lecture series on Arabic and would like to keep listening to a little of that too inshaAllah

Just trying to work out how I need to budget my time

Indefinable
            It should be alright.

I've scheduled my studies as following:

Week 1: Tajweed 6 Modules (Completed last week).

Week 2: English 15 Modules (Completing this week In Sha Allaah).

Week 3: Aqeedah 15 Modules

Week 4: Fiqh 13 Modules

Week 5: Arabic 15 Modules

Week 6: Seerah 15 Modules

Assignments will be done depending on when they are due.

Mid Terms in November.

So should have plenty of time In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It should be alright.

I've scheduled my studies as following:

Week 1: Tajweed 6 Modules (Completed last week).

Week 2: English 15 Modules (Completing this week In Sha Allaah).

Week 3: Aqeedah 15 Modules

Week 4: Fiqh 13 Modules

Week 5: Arabic 15 Modules

Week 6: Seerah 15 Modules

Assignments will be done depending on when they are due.

Mid Terms in November.

So should have plenty of time In Sha Allaah.

I do mine a little differently

Like I listen to module 1 for all the different subjects (not including tajweed) then move onto module 2

Comment

I do mine a little differently

Like I listen to module 1 for all the different subjects (not including tajweed) then move onto module 2
                I did that last semester.

I felt like I couldn't focus much and kept getting confused between the different subjects.

This way works well for me alhamdulillaah. Feel like I can get a proper grasp of all the modules.

Comment

I did that last semester.

I felt like I couldn't focus much and kept getting confused between the different subjects.

This way works well for me alhamdulillaah. Feel like I can get a proper grasp of all the modules.
                  You might want to pace yourself with Arabic. A lot to absorb in one week

Comment

Yes, In Sha Allaah, will give it two weeks if needed.

Comment

Have you been through Aqeedah?

How are you finding it so far?

Comment

Have you been through Aqeedah?

How are you finding it so far?
                        Pretty easy alhamdulilah. I've got one more lecture on aqeedah to go inshaAllah

Comment

In this tech era, there are many advancements occurs in the education industry which helps students to get knowledge easily, one of them is online learning. This is one of the convenient ways to learn something just sitting at home. In some cases, people have a choice to select class timings according to their schedule. And if we talk about getting religious knowledge online, many online academies are available which are providing online classes for multiple courses, Quran Teacher is one of them. It is an online Quran academy that teaches the recitation of Quran and many other Islamic courses online across the globe. By sitting at home you can learn with Quran Teacher the recitation of Quran, Arabic grammar, commandments of sacrifice, Hajj & Umrah courses and many others. They have both male and female teachers and they also provide free trial classes of 3-days to evaluate their teaching skills. You can also select class timings which suits you.

Comment

Pretty easy alhamdulilah. I've got one more lecture on aqeedah to go inshaAllah
                            Have you done the assignments? 

How did you find the Aqeedah assignment? I tried hard for the question about Tafweed, but - the plagiarism % was too high, so it's not going to count. 

Comment

How much are the IOU modules?

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post
                                How much are the IOU modules?
                                https://islamiconlineuniversity.com/stream/bais/fee/

That's for the Bachelors degree. 

I'm not sure how much it is per module. I guess you can email them to find out. 

Comment

Working...
                                X