Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islamic Online Uni

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Islamic Online Uni

    Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

    This thread is for any discussion regarding Islamic Online Uni courses/topics.


  • #2
    eesa the kiwi

    Comment


    • #3
      .khayriyyah.

      Comment


      • #4
        Veracity

        Comment


        • #5
          How many semesters have you done and what books or matoon are you covering
          I was looking at iou i might get my lil bro to do it and my friend is interested in getting his sister to do it

          also is iou's curriculum similar or better than the medina online programme since you alreqdy tried it irrc indefinable
          Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 09-09-19, 04:50 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
            Only started a week ago and already behind lol
            People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

            Comment


            • #7
              Who are the teachers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                I'm thinking about quitting BAIS. I feel like I'm wasting time. In the end, I really doubt I'll complete it by the end of eight years for many reasons. Why should money go towards a degree I will likely not even finish? And will I even retain all that information by the end of eight years, even if I did finish it? I feel like I'm better off watching playlists on YouTube, to be honest. I don't care about having a degree.

                I was thinking about doing the Arabic program instead as I thought it may benefit me more, but I know a sister who works for them and she advised me not to do so as she feels it's a waste of time. She said that in the end, it's likely you won't be fluent, your Arabic won't be as good as an Arab teacher's, and in a shorter amount of time, you can just go to Egypt and learn much, much more. She studied in Egypt herself.

                I definitely don't want to quit studying altogether, but I don't know if IOU is right for me.
                Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

                  I'm thinking about quitting BAIS. I feel like I'm wasting time. In the end, I really doubt I'll complete it by the end of eight years for many reasons. Why should money go towards a degree I will likely not even finish? And will I even retain all that information by the end of eight years, even if I did finish it? I feel like I'm better off watching playlists on YouTube, to be honest. I don't care about having a degree.

                  I was thinking about doing the Arabic program instead as I thought it may benefit me more, but I know a sister who works for them and she advised me not to do so as she feels it's a waste of time. She said that in the end, it's likely you won't be fluent, your Arabic won't be as good as an Arab teacher's, and in a shorter amount of time, you can just go to Egypt and learn much, much more. She studied in Egypt herself.

                  I definitely don't want to quit studying altogether, but I don't know if IOU is right for me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    IOU seems rather slow. I think it's definitely possible to learn Arabic on your own much faster. And even more so at a markaz in Misr or something.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm studying part-time, so it drags out the length of the program.

                      I don't have any friends who speak Arabic. Even if I knew people who speak the language, I don't think it's easy to rely on anyone to help.

                      I heard of a masjid that's going over the Madinah books, but the issue is that it's a 30 to 50-minute drive away, it's in the evening, and I think the classes are mixed. I don't know if I should start attending, but I don't think there are many options here. I think self-study is the best option.

                      JazakAllah khayr
                      Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

                        I'm studying part-time, so it drags out the length of the program.

                        I don't have any friends who speak Arabic. Even if I knew people who speak the language, I don't think it's easy to rely on anyone to help.

                        I heard of a masjid that's going over the Madinah books, but the issue is that it's a 30 to 50-minute drive away, it's in the evening, and I think the classes are mixed. I don't know if I should start attending, but I don't think there are many options here. I think self-study is the best option.

                        JazakAllah khayr
                        If your disciplined and you can put the time in then do self study all the lectures are there

                        you wont get speaking much but you can always  do online classes with a sister whos an arabic teacher through skype or zoom or facetime etc

                        I knew someone who had a wife that studied online like that using a female teacher from egypt or saudi

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                          How many semesters have you done and what books or matoon are you covering
                          I was looking at iou i might get my lil bro to do it and my friend is interested in getting his sister to do it

                          also is iou's curriculum similar or better than the medina online programme since you alreqdy tried it irrc indefinable
                          KIU has very similar curriculum to IOU.

                          I chose IOU as I was familiar with the institute and had studied with them previously.

                          https://site.kiu.org/website/index.p...228&Itemid=142

                          That's KIU.

                          We're on the second semester. It started last week.



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

                            KIU has very similar curriculum to IOU.

                            I chose IOU as I was familiar with the institute and had studied with them previously.

                            https://site.kiu.org/website/index.p...228&Itemid=142

                            That's KIU.

                            We're on the second semester. It started last week.


                            Iou programme has more stuff aswell

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                              Who are the teachers?
                              Bilal Philips for Aqeedah, Fiqh, Etiquette. And other teachers for Arabic, and other subjects.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X