X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farah. A
    replied
    السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Does anyone recommend a tajweed book written in English?
    I have been looking for one that covers all the tajweed topics in details..

Jazzakum Allah khayran

Leave a comment:

• Faith reloaded 2
    replied
    The top 5 regrets of the dying by Bronnie Ware

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

which imam ghazali books have you read or are reading?

jazakAllah khayran

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied
    Disturber of the hearts was a good read.

We all are reminded of death but often we forget about the trials of the actual grave.

May Allah ease the pain of the grave to those alive and to those who have withered away in the grave.

Pray for the dead!

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
    i dont read
    Well you should start

Leave a comment:

• Faith reloaded 2
    replied
    i dont read

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I didn't buy any books unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Some people struggle to afford to pay for books

So if you have a good book in mind and have found a pdf link please provide it on this thread when you decide to post on here

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied
    • re-reading The Productive Muslim
    • The minimalist entrepreneur
    • Algorithms to Live by
    • Timeless Seeds of Advice (soon!)

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    for anyone fancying a read, will read it too in Sha Allah​

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220201_181504.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	12806534
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post

I translate works of Fiqh, sciences of the Quran, and sciences of Hadith for Islamic colleges, universities, and various Ulamaa'.

I taught myself Arabic beginning with the alphabet starting in 2004. The best resources that I've found for learning are posted on my blog along with some of the translations I've worked on:
    www.mihbarah.wordpress.com - check out the "Arabic Resources" section, In Sha' Allah.

Over the years, I've studied the various Islamic sciences through a text-based approach as I have always been an autodidact. Relying on Arabic-Arabic dictionaries, dictionaries of technical terms for each of the sciences, and resorting to commentaries, explanations, and glosses for the texts in question- I've acquired science-specific vocabulary..

For years, I've worked with students going over the grammar and meaning of texts word-by-word; works of Aqidah, Nahw, Fiqh, Tafseer, Abrogation of the Quran, Usul, Ilm ar-Rijal, Shuruh al-Hadith, Zuhd, Islamic Poetry and other subjects.

I am in the last semester of a Master's degree at an Islamic university.

Right now I'm translating 3 books from Arabic to English which will likely be published by different institutions. Through teaching and translating, I have been acquiring Ijazat and Athbat from senior scholars over the past few years.

The only thing you need to learn Arabic is Du'a, patience, time, and persistence. If learning Arabic relied solely on intelligence, a lot of us would have no hope. Rather, learning Arabic is a way of gaining intelligence, bi-'Idhni Llahi.
    masha'Allah Alhamdulillah allahumma bareek tabark'Allah

That's good, are you a revert?

​​​​​I'm going to tag you about another question on a Qur'an thread as don't want to detail this thread in Sha Allah

Leave a comment:

• AbuNajm
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

That's interesting, never heard anyone ever mention that before

I do totally agree that Arabic is way more advanced then English but Allah knows how long it will take me to learn Arabic, I'm not exactly sharpest tool in the box lol 😂🤦🤷

I remember from old posts that you translate works or something along those lines, so if you don't mind me asking how did you get a grasp for the arabic language?
    I translate works of Fiqh, sciences of the Quran, and sciences of Hadith for Islamic colleges, universities, and various Ulamaa'.

I taught myself Arabic beginning with the alphabet starting in 2004. The best resources that I've found for learning are posted on my blog along with some of the translations I've worked on:
    www.mihbarah.wordpress.com - check out the "Arabic Resources" section, In Sha' Allah.

Over the years, I've studied the various Islamic sciences through a text-based approach as I have always been an autodidact. Relying on Arabic-Arabic dictionaries, dictionaries of technical terms for each of the sciences, and resorting to commentaries, explanations, and glosses for the texts in question- I've acquired science-specific vocabulary..

For years, I've worked with students going over the grammar and meaning of texts word-by-word; works of Aqidah, Nahw, Fiqh, Tafseer, Abrogation of the Quran, Usul, Ilm ar-Rijal, Shuruh al-Hadith, Zuhd, Islamic Poetry and other subjects.

I am in the last semester of a Master's degree at an Islamic university.

Right now I'm translating 3 books from Arabic to English which will likely be published by different institutions. Through teaching and translating, I have been acquiring Ijazat and Athbat from senior scholars over the past few years.

The only thing you need to learn Arabic is Du'a, patience, time, and persistence. If learning Arabic relied solely on intelligence, a lot of us would have no hope. Rather, learning Arabic is a way of gaining intelligence, bi-'Idhni Llahi.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by AbuNajm
    question for you avid readers, got any tips or tricks as to how to read more often and more faster too?
    I can tell you that if you learn Arabic you will be able to read much faster than in English. Arabic has fewer words and more meaning than English.
    That's interesting, never heard anyone ever mention that before

I do totally agree that Arabic is way more advanced then English but Allah knows how long it will take me to learn Arabic, I'm not exactly sharpest tool in the box lol 😂🤦🤷

I remember from old posts that you translate works or something along those lines, so if you don't mind me asking how did you get a grasp for the arabic language?

Leave a comment:

• AbuNajm
    replied
    question for you avid readers, got any tips or tricks as to how to read more often and more faster too?
    I can tell you that if you learn Arabic you will be able to read much faster than in English. Arabic has fewer words and more meaning than English.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

I havent read it
    but ghazalis books are usually good

Tafsir saadi is good a nice read than ibn kathie which is more terminology technical focused

Riyadus saaliheen good hadith compilation

Explanation of 40 hadith of imam nawawi
    They don't seem to have many options on that website

Will have a look again

Jazak Allah hu Khair

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X