Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to anyone who's able to read this entire book:

"Ar-Rad Alal Mantiqiyin - Refutation of the logicians - Ibn Taymiyyah"

https://www.academia.edu/11621102/An_Islamic_Refutation_of_Aristotelian_Logic_Transl ation_of_Ibn_Taymiyya_Part_I_

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
      Props to anyone who's able to read this entire book:

"Ar-Rad Alal Mantiqiyin - Refutation of the logicians - Ibn Taymiyyah"

https://www.academia.edu/11621102/An_Islamic_Refutation_of_Aristotelian_Logic_Transl ation_of_Ibn_Taymiyya_Part_I_

"Sharh Aqeedah al-Tahawiyya - Ibn Izz al-Hanafi"

https://kalamullah.com/Books/Comment...i-Part%201.pdf

https://kalamullah.com/aqeedah.html

Comment

• Ummdatu Al-Ahkam- Imam Al- Maqdisi

Bulugh Al-maram- Ibn Hajr Al-Asqalani

Very important books for whoever is interested in studying fiqh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
          Ummdatu Al-Ahkam- Imam Al- Maqdisi

U study 2 madhubs?

Comment

Ummdatu Al-Ahkam- Imam Al- Maqdisi

English translation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

U study 2 madhubs?
              No. I am currently studying umdatul Alahkam only.
              Actually the two books don’t belong to a specific madhab. It is just a collection of ahadith on fiqh rulings.

Umdatul ahkam is a collection of ahadith from the sahehayn ( Muslim and Bukhari)

bulugh Al-maram is a collection of ahadith from 7 sources ( Bukhari, Muslim , abu dawoud, termzi, etc..)

it is better to start with umdatul Ahkam.
              Last edited by Farah. A; 13-11-19, 10:14 PM.

Comment

English translation?
                Yes it is available in English. You will find a lot of explanations for the ahadith so be careful which one you gonna choose. You can find YouTube videos too

Comment

• Reliance of the Traveller - Shafi'i Fiqh Manual:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...wV-jSCT49RCm4d

Comment

No. I am currently studying umdatul Alahkam only.
                    Actually the two books don’t belong to a specific madhab. It is just a collection of ahadith on fiqh rulings.

Umdatul ahkam is a collection of ahadith from the sahehayn ( Muslim and Bukhari)

bulugh Al-maram is a collection of ahadith from 7 sources ( Bukhari, Muslim , abu dawoud, termzi, etc..)

it is better to start with umdatul Ahkam.
                    Bulugh al maraam is predominantly used by shafiee tullab

umdat al ahkaam is predominantly used by hanbalis

due to the authors of each book being inclined to their specific madhub

they should be studied after simple fiqh text
                    Such as

hanbali- umdah al fiqh
                    shafiee- matn abi shajaa

the classical way to study is to study one madhub then after mastering it you do comparative fiqh
                    however with the spread of 'salafia' in the 20th century many have started studying comparative fiqh from the get go which is alot harder

to be honest my teacher taught me comparative and it was alot harder and longer
                    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 14-11-19, 12:31 AM.

Comment

English translation?
                      Bulugh al maram pdf on internet /also book
                      umdat al ahkaam only book as far as i know available on kitaabun site (may have spelt it wrong)

Comment

Bulugh al maraam is predominantly used by shafiee tullab
                        umdat al ahkaam is predominantly used by hanbalis
                        due to the authors of each book being inclined to their specific madhub
                        they should be studied after simple fiqh text
                        Such as
                        hanbali- umdah al fiqh
                        shafiee- matn abi shajaa
                        the classical way to study is to study one madhub then after mastering it you do comparative fiqh
                        however with the spread of 'salafia' in the 20th century many have started studying comparative fiqh from the get go which is alot harder
                        to be honest my teacher taught me comparative and it was alot harder and longer
                        umdatu alahkam is different from umdatul fiqh.
                        Umdatu fiqh is a hanbali book.
                        undatul alahkam is classified as a hadith book like 40 hadith of imam nawawy but umdatu al ahkam is mainly on rulings
                        As far as i know these two books are recommended for beginners who don’t follow a madhab and they are explained by scholars from different madhab. Have a look on the books and you will understand what i am saying.

Comment

umdatu alahkam is different from umdatul fiqh.
                          Umdatu fiqh is a hanbali book.
                          undatul alahkam is classified as a hadith book like 40 hadith of imam nawawy but umdatu al ahkam is mainly on rulings
                          As far as i know these two books are recommended for beginners who don’t follow a madhab and they are explained by scholars from different madhab. Have a look on the books and you will understand what i am saying.
                          Lol i know i have them at home

umdat al ahkaam is a fiqh commentary hadith book writtem by abdul ghani al maqdisi (hanbali)
                          where as umdah al fiqh is a pure fiqh book written by abu qudama al maqdisi (hanbali)

they were cousins

buloogh al maraam author ibn hajr asqalami was shafiee

yes nowadays people will study as you said those text from beginning but before people would go through simpler texts before at the beginning

Comment

Lol i know i have them at home

umdat al ahkaam is a fiqh commentary hadith book writtem by abdul ghani al maqdisi (hanbali)
                            where as umdah al fiqh is a pure fiqh book written by abu qudama al maqdisi (hanbali)

they were cousins

buloogh al maraam author ibn hajr asqalami was shafiee

yes nowadays people will study as you said those text from beginning but before people would go through simpler texts before at the beginning
                            Ah sorry I thought you were confused.

the problem is that i am not inclined to one madhab yet so I thought of starting with umdatul Ahkam

Comment

Ah sorry I thought you were confused.

the problem is that i am not inclined to one madhab yet so I thought of starting with umdatul Ahkam
                              The goal of a student should be to learn all madhaaib but its easy to start with one master than then move on if Allah wills

to decide which to start with id say look at the madhubs usool as that is what is used for fiqh

Attached Files

Comment

• I decides to do hanbali but if i look back at it i may have done shafiee due to the usools priority of qiyaas instead of¬† daeef ahdith

Comment

Working...
                                X