Clear All

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Does anyone know any good books that arent bias

on topics such as the british occupation of india

world war 1 and 2
    (especially how it effected muslims)

the ottoman empire

riba and how it effects society

and any other interesting book relating to history or society , something that effected the ummah
    Have you checked on kalamullah (if you don't mind online)
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• where can I get this from?

Jazak Allah Hu khair

We had a few small pocket books but they have seen better days lol

Ripped apart and really old
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Also, if anyone knows of good deals for buying Islamic related books, please let me know

I like hardcopies but i want brand new

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
          Also, if anyone knows of good deals for buying Islamic related books, please let me know

I always find really good deals on eBay and Amazon.
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

where can I get this from?

Jazak Allah Hu khair

We had a few small pocket books but they have seen better days lol

Ripped apart and really old
            It’s on amazon. Kubepublishing had it for really cheap but it’s sold out on their site

Comment

• Has anyone read the book ‘Khadija: Mother of History’s greatest nation’ and if so would you recommend it?

I need some new Islamic books. I hardly read these days

Comment

Also, if anyone knows of good deals for buying Islamic related books, please let me know

No pdfs makes it hard lol
                (I also prefer hard copy easier on the eyes and nicer)

http://idci.co.uk/http://idci.co.uk/search.php?squery=Tafsir+As-Sadi
                Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 20-10-19, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Have you checked on kalamullah (if you don't mind online)
                  Yh i use it alot

those kinda books arent there

Comment

• Can anyone recommend me some good Islamic books? I love reading the works of Ibn Qayyim rahimahullah so I’m looking for an author who has a similar style.

I have the following two books on my wish list but I want to do a bulk book order so if anyone has any recommendations please share

Ibn Rajab - the key to paradise & the journey to Allah

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                      Can anyone recommend me some good Islamic books? I love reading the works of Ibn Qayyim rahimahullah so I’m looking for an author who has a similar style.

I have the following two books on my wish list but I want to do a bulk book order so if anyone has any recommendations please share

Ibn Rajab - the key to paradise & the journey to Allah
                      These kind of books are known as - ar riqaq ( heart softners)
                      some ulama say before seeking ilm in different sciences one should soften their heart and improve on taqwa and imaan using ar riqaq

sometimes i do ilm and kind of get hard hearted so its good to sometimes take a break and read things that improve on imaan so i compiled this list below
                      (alot from kallamullah)

al riqaaq books

tazkiat an nafs p1
                      p2 heavens doors

treasures from paradise
                      the souls journey
                      journey of the soul
                      the key to paradise
                      ill effect of sins
                      taqwa provision for believers
                      seeds of admonishment
                      sacred knowledge
                      ranks of the fearful
                      patience and gratitude
                      khushu
                      the path to guidance
                      wealth and status
                      the farewell advice
                      diaeases of the hearts
                      disciplining the soul
                      azuhd
                      awaking from the sleep of heedlessness
                      Allaha pleasure

All available on pdf you could probably buy most of them aswell
                      (most of these are ar riqaq or to do with improving imaan and a reminder)

ibn qayyim, ghazali, ibn rajab, ibn taymiyaa, ibn jawzi
                      Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 20-10-19, 05:51 PM.

Comment

These kind of books are known as - ar riqaq ( heart softners)
                        some ulama say before seeking ilm in different sciences one should soften their heart and improve on taqwa and imaan using ar riqaq

sometimes i do ilm and kind of get hard hearted so its good to sometimes take a break and read things that improve on imaan so i compiled this list below
                        (alot from kallamullah)

al riqaaq books

tazkiat an nafs p1
                        p2 heavens doors

treasures from paradise
                        the souls journey
                        journey of the soul
                        the key to paradise
                        ill effect of sins
                        taqwa provision for believers
                        seeds of admonishment
                        sacred knowledge
                        ranks of the fearful
                        patience and gratitude
                        khushu
                        the path to guidance
                        wealth and status
                        the farewell advice
                        diaeases of the hearts
                        disciplining the soul
                        azuhd
                        awaking from the sleep of heedlessness
                        Allaha pleasure

All available on pdf you could probably buy most of them aswell
                        (most of these are ar riqaq or to do with improving imaan and a reminder)

ibn qayyim, ghazali, ibn rajab, ibn taymiyaa, ibn jawzi
                        Jazakallah khayr, great list. My favourite books are the ar riqaq & I am an advocate of trying to fix affairs of the heart before trying to implement nawafil acts of worship in ones daily routine.

I have got most of Ibn Qayyim’s books & a few of the titles you’ve listed seem familiar so I’ll check if I have them and If I don’t I think I will order a few from the list Insha allah. I don’t think I’ve read books by al ghazali so I’ll look into that too

hamza yusuf has got a book called purification of the heart & it looks good but I don’t know if I should buy it. It’s just that often when books are translated from Arabic to English sometimes in English the books don’t have the same effect as in Arabic & they can sometimes be a difficult read. It’s hard finding heart softeners written in English

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Jazakallah khayr, great list. My favourite books are the ar riqaq & I am an advocate of trying to fix affairs of the heart before trying to implement nawafil acts of worship in ones daily routine.

I have got most of Ibn Qayyim’s books & a few of the titles you’ve listed seem familiar so I’ll check if I have them and If I don’t I think I will order a few from the list Insha allah. I don’t think I’ve read books by al ghazali so I’ll look into that too

hamza yusuf has got a book called purification of the heart & it looks good but I don’t know if I should buy it. It’s just that often when books are translated from Arabic to English sometimes in English the books don’t have the same effect as in Arabic & they can sometimes be a difficult read. It’s hard finding heart softeners written in English
                          Most famous one is tazikat al nafs (purification of the soul ) mixture of ghazal, ibn rajab

Comment

Most famous one is tazikat al nafs (purification of the soul ) mixture of ghazal, ibn rajab
                            Seen that now on kalamullah but I’ve also seen the key to paradise & I’ve been wanting to read this book for ages so I’ve started reading the pdf & after that I’m going to read purification of the soul Insha allah.

Comment

• Taḥrīm al-naẓar fī kutub ahl al-kalām (Prohibition of Studying Kalam) - Ibn Qudama:

https://o.b5z.net/i/u/6103974/f/Cens...Ibn_20Aqil.pdf

Luma 'tul itiqa'd (The Illuminating Creed) - Ibn Qudama:

https://www.hasbunallah.com.au/luma-...m-ibn-qudamah/

These books prove that Ibn Qudama(ra) was not a Muffawid like how some Asharis mistakenly claim.

Comment

• If anyone is looking for a quick iman boosting book to read, I highly recommend Ibn Rajab’s ‘key to paradise’. Beautiful beautiful book wa lilahil hamd. Such an easy and quick read & is quite deep Subhanallah. Will soften ones heart for sure.

I also read Ibn Rajab’s book the journey to Allah the other day & that is also a beautiful book.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X