book club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    I bought the book "From my sisters lips" by Naima B. Roberts recently as I am a part of mosque book club. In sha Allah I can get round to it now cos I'm done with some overdue essays.

Its a Muslim women's classic, so many sisters talked about in sixth form, years have passed and I hadn't gotten round it.

Also the book club told us to read 'Dua: the weapon of the believer' by Yasir Qadhi which is on PDF and I am really excited to read it cos it probably has lots of useful and helpful advice about how to do dua the sunnah way, with concentration, hope and sincerity etc.
    Yasir Qadhi's book on dua is very good. This was written many years ago before he started having deviant leanings.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

what is the sisters book about
      I think its like partially an autobiography, I'll have to read it first and get back to you
      Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
      In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
      USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
      (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

Yasir Qadhi's book on dua is very good. This was written many years ago before he started having deviant leanings.
        Yeah I was wondering about that, glad its a good book then alhamdulilah
        Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
        In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
        USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
        (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I think its like partially an autobiography, I'll have to read it first and get back to you
          Then you will have to post it here in the book club

Comment

ok

Comment

Hello, I wrote a 20,000 word ebook on the 99 names of Allah, their meaning and quranic verses where it's mentioned. You can read the complete guide here and download ebook:

https://myislam.org/99-names-of-allah/
              Important to remember 99 names of Allah. Allah said, I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmat View Post
                Hello, I wrote a 20,000 word ebook on the 99 names of Allah, their meaning and quranic verses where it's mentioned. You can read the complete guide here and download ebook:

https://myislam.org/99-names-of-allah/
                jazak Alah khairan

Comment

Book Review: The Noble Prophet by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallabee
                  Published by: Dar us Salaam Publishers
                  Level: Intermediate

In my opinion, the is the best modern day history that is extensive in relating authentic seerah of the life of the Prophet . With over 2000 pages of lessons and morals. Footnotes at the bottom with sources. This is a must for every English speaking Muslim to have in his library. Though it can be a little difficult to obtain, there still are websites selling it. Cost is around $50 Link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Noble-Life-Pr.../dp/9960967867
                  Attached Files

Comment

Book Review: The Noble Prophet by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallabee
                    Published by: Dar us Salaam Publishers
                    Level: Intermediate

In my opinion, the is the best modern day history that is extensive in relating authentic seerah of the life of the Prophet . With over 2000 pages of lessons and morals. Footnotes at the bottom with sources. This is a must for every English speaking Muslim to have in his library. Though it can be a little difficult to obtain, there still are websites selling it. Cost is around $50 Link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Noble-Life-Pr.../dp/9960967867
                    pdf is available lol
                    but ima probably buy a hard copy later
                    i am not reading 2000 pages on my phone

i hate pdfs

Comment

pdf is available lol
                      but ima probably buy a hard copy later
                      i am not reading 2000 pages on my phone

i hate pdfs
                      Soon enough that is the only way you will be able to read it. I don't think they are publishing it anymore. When pdfs are not that long, I will print them out and put them into a binder. This way I can read it like a book.

Comment

Soon enough that is the only way you will be able to read it. I don't think they are publishing it anymore. When pdfs are not that long, I will print them out and put them into a binder. This way I can read it like a book.
                        na u can still buy it i think
                        but if not just print it i guess

issue is if the book is fat printing will cost alot

Comment

na u can still buy it i think
                          but if not just print it i guess

issue is if the book is fat printing will cost alot
                          I will go up to 150 pages.

Comment

a good basic book on the principles of tawheed and shirk known as -

qawaaid al arba( four principles of shirk)

small matn(contents of actual book) however the sharh(explanation) is usually 30 to 60 pages
                            there is a sharh available on the website kallamullah

the book is vital to read and should be read by every muslim as it truely makes you understand the essence of Islam, being a muslim and allows you to distinguish muslim from kaafir

Comment

if anyone has or knows of books based on the contribution to society, technology and science all that stuff etc by muslims in history please let me know

also if anyone knows of books written by people based on kuffar from the 18th to 20th century and their view on islam or muslims from their experiences

please let me know the title or authors name or site available to buy or download

Comment

[QUOTE=Abu julaybeeb;n12605855]if anyone has or knows of books based on the contribution to society, technology and science all that stuff etc by muslims in history please let me know

There is one called 1001 Inventions: The Enduring Legacy of Muslim Civilization.
                                Last edited by Mintchocchip; 20-02-19, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X