book club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

When you get out of school in the future. I didn't have to worry about college in early adulthood. I just jumped right into the workforce.
    in sha Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
      MashaAllah may Allah swt reward you and all those who recommend beneficial books in this thread.

I have read Don't be Sad by Aid al Qarni and would recommend it.

There is another book by the same author called You can be the happiest woman in the world. Have any sisters (or brothers) read it? Is it the same as the other book meaning similar content or would you recommend reading it?

Comment

Nothing like reading from the book. I also tried to use a Amazon Kindle and reading from that was bad.
        "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

For those who can read Arabic this book is really good
          أسباب النزول المسمى لباب النقول في أسباب النزول - جلال الدين السيوطي

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
            Oh come on! At least give us the translated title and author name. :dispirited:

Comment

usool tafsir or uloom al quran
              Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 05-02-19, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Book Review: Commentary On The Creed Of Tahawi
                Published by: Istinarab Press
                Level: Intermediate to Advanced

This is THE commentary of the Creed of Tahawi which is one of the best books on Aqeedah. Imam Tahawi was one of the leading Hanafi scholars. The purpose of his book was to state the creed of Ahlus Sunnah wa Jamaah. Ibn Abi Al-Izz was a later Hanafi scholar that explained in detail this Creed. Some of this explanation is difficult reading as he goes into some theological concepts, points of grammar and other necessities as he explains why some of the deviant groups went astray. Book is of good quality and is softback at 538 pages. Translation is good and the translator takes the time to give the sources and status of hadiths at the bottom of pages. There are a few commentaries on this book of Aqeedah, such as Hamza Yusef, but this is the one I suggest you get. This book is also in pdf form on the internet but you can purchase on Amazon for about $34 if you prefer the book.
                Attached Files

Comment

i can say abit of it
                  asbaab al nuzu ........ chapter of the text asbaab al nuzu

jalaladdeen asuyooti

(asbaab al nuzu is basically the reason it was revealed ie revelation)
                  its most likely imam suyootis
                  uloom al quran book

which is available in english on pdf if u search for it

Comment

Book Review: Commentary On The Creed Of Tahawi
                    Published by: Istinarab Press
                    Level: Intermediate to Advanced

This is THE commentary of the Creed of Tahawi which is one of the best books on Aqeedah. Imam Tahawi was one of the leading Hanafi scholars. The purpose of his book was to state the creed of Ahlus Sunnah wa Jamaah. Ibn Abi Al-Izz was a later Hanafi scholar that explained in detail this Creed. Some of this explanation is difficult reading as he goes into some theological concepts, points of grammar and other necessities as he explains why some of the deviant groups went astray. Book is of good quality and is softback at 538 pages. Translation is good and the translator takes the time to give the sources and status of hadiths at the bottom of pages. There are a few commentaries on this book of Aqeedah, such as Hamza Yusef, but this is the one I suggest you get. This book is also in pdf form on the internet but you can purchase on Amazon for about $34 if you prefer the book.
                    you can find a sharh of it in pdf on kallamullah 4 volumes though

aqeedatul tahawiyaa does have irja in it so you need a scholar of good aqeedah to explain it

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

i can say abit of it
                      asbaab al nuzu ........ chapter of the text asbaab al nuzu

jalaladdeen asuyooti

(asbaab al nuzu is basically the reason it was revealed ie revelation)
                      its most likely imam suyootis
                      uloom al quran book

which is available in english on pdf if u search for it
                      I just bought tonight on islamicbookstore this from as-Suyuti:

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/13687.html

Stayed tuned for a review down the road...

Comment

I just bought tonight on islamicbookstore this from as-Suyuti:

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/13687.html

Stayed tuned for a review down the road...
                        no pdfs available :crying2:

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

no pdfs available :crying2:
                          It's fairly new. They were out of stock on it but they sent me an email saying it was available. Only 5 left in stock today. Had to get it while I could.

Comment

JazakhAllah
                            It is a bit out of my budget so I have been looking around for a better deal ...no success.
                            Although I remember seeing a very similar book at a local bookstore ...will visit this week InshAllah and see if I can find it.

Comment

Lol. I couldn't find a translation for the book but it's asbab al nuzul which means the reasons for revelation by imam jalalel aldin as-suyuti.
                              did you read Aqeeda Al- wasityyah by ibn taymyyah ? If yes, which is better ibn taymyyah or aqeedah Altahawayyah? I'm currently reading aqeedah al wasityyah and i am thinking of reading aqeedah al tahwayyah after i finish.

Abu julaybeeb it's uloom al quran. The book explains why certain ayat in the quran is revealed. It helps in understanding the meaning of Ayat. I found it interesting

Comment

Lol. I couldn't find a translation for the book but it's asbab al nuzul which means the reasons for revelation by imam jalalel aldin as-suyuti.
                                did you read Aqeeda Al- wasityyah by ibn taymyyah ? If yes, which is better ibn taymyyah or aqeedah Altahawayyah? I'm currently reading aqeedah al wasityyah and i am thinking of reading aqeedah al tahwayyah after i finish.

Abu julaybeeb it's uloom al quran. The book explains why certain ayat in the quran is revealed. It helps in understanding the meaning of Ayat. I found it interesting
                                yes i thought it might have been uloom al quran
                                i have that on pdf but havent read it yet
                                u should also reqs tafsir that will help

i havent read them yet but i have both
                                tahawiya is different to waasitiya

waasitiya focuses on tawheed asma wa siffat and alot on different firqa such as jahmiya, ashariya, mutazila

tahawiya is based on overall all aspects of aqeedah from the baaics of islam to more on tawheed rububiyaa, uloohiya , asma wa siffat as well as imaan the pillars of imaan and so on etc

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X