book club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

The best modern day seerah and should be a top five books that the English speaking Muslim should have in his library.
    top 5 books
    wheres these categories and difficulties coming from
    lol

Comment

Book Review: The Compendium of Knowledge and Wisdom
      Published by: Turath Publishing
      Level: Intermediate to Advanced

This 788 page book is Ibn Rajab's explanation of Imam Nawawi's 40 hadith plus 10 of his own for 50 total. Complete translation. Print and book quality is excellent as you can see in the picture. This book has a great deal of hadiths in it, the words of the salaf and also the fiqh from the various schools of thought. Hadiths are documented either by Ibn Rajab or the translator at the bottom of the pages. This is not an easy book to read and can sometimes feel overwhelming but there is so much benefit to it. It took me about a year to read it and will need to go back and read hi-lighted sections. This is a top 5 must have for the English speaking revert to have in his library. Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani said of Ibn Rajab: "He was a great expert in the sciences of hadith, the historical accounts of narrators, the chains of transmission, and the meaning of the texts." Book is usually around $60 and can be purchased here:

https://www.meccabooks.com/517-the-c...954738020.html
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Musbah; 29-01-19, 11:40 AM.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Excellent thread Alhamdulillah.
        Currently reading Ubidiyyah by Ibn-Taymiyah - quite a short read although I have only started it so will comment further on it later InshAllah.

Can anyone recommend a book on madhabs - nothing too advanced but more of an introductory text to the various madhahibs and their history and origins.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
          Currently reading Ubidiyyah by Ibn-Taymiyah - quite a short read although I have only started it so will comment further on it later InshAllah.

Can anyone recommend a book on madhabs - nothing too advanced but more of an introductory text to the various madhahibs and their history and origins.
          https://www.amazon.com/Imams-Their-L...5ARZHMGWPR0X54

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

its nice alhamdullilah

Comment

man i cant find a pdf for it
              :(

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

man i cant find a pdf for it
                :(
                And I was going to write that you would probably be able to find that online in pdf form...If Abu julaybeeb can't find it then no one else can...

Comment

And I was going to write that you would probably be able to find that online in pdf form...If Abu julaybeeb can't find it then no one else can...
                  lol
                  im a student man i cant spend on too many books

Comment

lol
                    im a student man i cant spend on too many books
                    I understand. My library has taking me 25 years to get where it is at. Al-Hamdullilah.

Comment

I understand. My library has taking me 25 years to get where it is at. Al-Hamdullilah.
                      i hate reading pdfs though

Comment

i hate reading pdfs though
                        LOL but you always remind me when books are in pdf format. I thought that is how you like reading them. Or is that the po' mans way..lol

Comment

LOL but you always remind me when books are in pdf format. I thought that is how you like reading them. Or is that the po' mans way..lol
                          i hate it
                          thats the cheapskate way lol

whats po man

Comment

i hate it
                            thats the cheapskate way lol

whats po man
                            poor man

Comment

poor man
                              im not poor lol
                              ive spent alot recently on books not spending money for on them for a while now

Comment

im not poor lol
                                ive spent alot recently on books not spending money for on them for a while now
                                When you get out of school in the future. I didn't have to worry about college in early adulthood. I just jumped right into the workforce.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X