book club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

yea thanks for that, honestly i got too many books now but i see it as an investment so at least if you die and someone reads even one word from it and benefits for Allah swt sake then in sha Allah ill get the ajr
    There’s some books which you can read only once but there’s others which should be picked up every now & again and this is one of them. And yes, books are an investment
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

There’s some books which you can read only once but there’s others which should be picked up every now & again and this is one of them. And yes, books are an investment
      says the one who sold all her books lool

Comment

says the one who sold all her books lool
        Investment in akhira init?! I didn’t sell them, gave most away for free. So Insha allah it’ll be an investment for the akhira :)

Comment

Investment in akhira init?! I didn’t sell them, gave most away for free. So Insha allah it’ll be an investment for the akhira :)
          shouldve told me, i wouldve got my mrs to collect them from you

which books did you have exactly?

Comment

shouldve told me, i wouldve got my mrs to collect them from you

which books did you have exactly?
            I can’t remember I had a lot, including tafsir ibn Kathir full set, bukhari full set and then loads of books published by darusslam and IIPH

Comment

I can’t remember I had a lot, including tafsir ibn Kathir full set, bukhari full set and then loads of books published by darusslam and IIPH
              Darrusalam is okay but they tend to put in a bit of their sectarian views too in there imo, you have to read between the lines from my experiences ​​​​​

Comment

• AmantuBillahi

https://thethinkingmuslim.com/2020/1...-kareem-helmy/

Comment

• I've read this article before. Doesn't it have more of a Salafi/Najdi leaning though? It kind of would have been nice to post it somewhere for Abu Sulayman to comment on it, unless he doesn't mind using this thread.

Pardon me if my memory is failing me and I'm mixing things up. I'll read it in full when time permits inshaAllah.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

I've read this article before. Doesn't it have more of a Salafi/Najdi leaning though? It kind of would have been nice to post it somewhere for Abu Sulayman to comment on it, unless he doesn't mind using this thread.

Pardon me if my memory is failing me and I'm mixing things up. I'll read it in full when time permits inshaAllah.
                    Yes, I wanted to post it on that thread and ask if Abu Sulayman had any comments on it as well, but qadr Allah.

I don't know if it has more of a Najdi leaning since I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that? Do you mean it's Najdi leaning since he states that the Hanabila disallowed Istighatha? As for Tawassul: then it states that the Hanabila permit Tawassul. Some forms of which if you would ask "Salafis" about the wordings then they would say it's Shirk. I've gone to a Salafi student some time ago and asked about some of the narrations AS shared with us. He told me he thought of it as Shirk. And Allah knows best.
                    Last edited by BintFulaan; 18-05-21, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BintFulaan View Post

Yes, I wanted to post it on that thread and ask if Abu Sulayman had any comments on it as well, but qadr Allah.

I don't know if it has more of a Najdi leaning since I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that? Do you mean it's Najdi leaning since he states that the Hanabila disallowed Istighatha? As for Tawassul: then it states that the Hanabila permit Tawassul. Some forms of which if you would ask "Salafis" about the wordings then they would say it's Shirk. I've gone to a Salafi student some time ago and asked about some of the narrations AS shared with us. He literally told me he thought of it as Shirk. And Allah knows best.
                      Najdi in the sense of considering it to be Shirk instead of Haram unless accompanied with a specific belief (i.e. compromising Rububiyyah).

I'll probably post this in Abu Sulayman's Wahhabi/Rububiyyah thread because it actually is on topic and the other thread was unfortunately closed.

JazakAllahu Khayran for sharing anyway.

Comment

Najdi in the sense of considering it to be Shirk instead of Haram unless accompanied with a specific belief (i.e. compromising Rububiyyah).

I'll probably post this in Abu Sulayman's Wahhabi/Rububiyyah thread because it actually is on topic and the other thread was unfortunately closed.

JazakAllahu Khayran for sharing anyway.
                        Got your point. Ameen, wa iyyakum.

Comment

• Abu Sulayman

Not to pressure you to respond or anything but you could also use this thread instead if you think it's more appropriate:

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...-debate-thread

Comment

"Islam and Evolution: Al-Ghazzali and the Modern Evolutionary Paradigm" by Shoaib Ahmed Malik:

https://www.academia.edu/attachments...&s=swp-toolbar
                            Muhammad Hasan

Have you read this book yet? What are your thoughts on it? Maybe you should create a thread and write a book review.

Comment

Muhammad Hasan

Have you read this book yet? What are your thoughts on it? Maybe you should create a thread and write a book review.
                              Yes I need to get around to that, been pre-occupied with so many things lately. I finished Pickthall's novel I mentioned in this thread earlier I think, I would love to write a review on that.

Comment

• A Handbook of Spiritual Medicine
                                Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X