No announcement yet.

book club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MashaAllah may Allah swt reward you and all those who recommend beneficial books in this thread.

I have read Don't be Sad by Aid al Qarni and would recommend it.

There is another book by the same author called You can be the happiest woman in the world. Have any sisters (or brothers) read it? Is it the same as the other book meaning similar content or would you recommend reading it?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

interesting
      also
      discipline of the soul
      sorry

discipline of the soul
      is by ibn jawzi

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
        MashaAllah may Allah swt reward you and all those who recommend beneficial books in this thread.

There is another book by the same author called You can be the happiest woman in the world. Have any sisters (or brothers) read it? Is it the same as the other book meaning similar content or would you recommend reading it?
        not sure

its a known book dont be sad

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

Don't Be Sad is a very popular book. I have a few more that I bought for my wife and is beneficial for personal growth. I will post two of them, Insha Allah.
          "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Book Review: Reclaim your Heart by Yasmin Mogahed
            Published by FB Publishing
            Level: Beginner

This is a self help book to assist the believer in a world full of ups and downs. Popular with sisters. Book is of good quality. Yasmin Mogahed is a popular motivational speaker. You can find her videos on YouTube. The book sells for $18.95 on Amazon. Links and pics below:

https://www.amazon.com/Reclaim-Your-...yasmin+mogahed

Attached Files

Comment

-The niche of lamps ( miskat Al-masabih)- by mohammed ben abdullah at-tarabizi
              - Ryadussalihen( رياض الصالحين) - by Abu zakaria Al-nawawi
              - nawai's forty hadith
              - explanation of important lessons ( for every muslim) - by ibn baaz
              - the beneficial fundamentals of tawhid, fiqh and aqidah- by shaykh yahya Al-Hajuri

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
                -The niche of lamps ( miskat Al-masabih)- by mohammed ben abdullah at-tarabizi
                - Ryadussalihen( رياض الصالحين) - by Abu zakaria Al-nawawi
                - nawai's forty hadith
                - explanation of important lessons ( for every muslim) - by ibn baaz
                - the beneficial fundamentals of tawhid, fiqh and aqidah- by shaykh yahya Al-Hajuri
                جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

Book Review: Tafsir al-Qurtubi (Introduction Book)
                  Published by Diwan Press
                  Level: Intermediate to Advanced

This begins the English translation of one of the best classical tafsirs one can read. Imam Qurtubi was a Maliki scholar and his tafseer focuses on judgements of the Quran. This complete set will comprise 30 volumes plus this introductory book, Insha Allah. Book is of good quality, hardback and the translation is done by one of the best, Aisha Bewley. I purchased this on Amazon for 19.95.

http://www.diwanpress.com/shop/books...-introduction/
                  Attached Files

Comment

there is also a good book called
                    Al wala Wal bara by saeed al qahtani

the author hisnul muslim(fortress of a muslim the duaa book)

available on kallamullah

Comment

there is also a good book called
                      Al wala Wal bara by saeed al qahtani

the author hisnul muslim(fortress of a muslim the duaa book)

available on kallamullah
                      I have both. Al Wala wa'l Bara is in 3 volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

I have both. Al Wala wa'l Bara is in 3 volumes.
                        ma sha Allah

i know

Comment

Book Review: Captured Thoughts by Imam Ibn Jawzi
                          Published by Dar us Sunnah
                          Level: Beginner to Intermediate

This is a new published book that came out last year and is the complete translation of the classical text, Saydil al Khatir by Ibn Jawzi. He was a scholar that lived in Baghdad and he use to like to ponder and give insight to everyday people and their behaviors. This book is full of beneficial wisdoms and reflections. It comes in a whopping 1056 pages but it is easy reading as you can tell from my sample. There are 365 captured thoughts one for each day of the year. What I like to do is read one in the morning before I go to work. Some of them only take minutes to read. The print quality excellent, Dar us Sunnah is top notch giving the readers fluid translations in English of classical works. The book is a bit expensive priced at $75. I purchased from this website:

http://www.authenticstatements.com/c...jawzi-d-597ah/
                          Attached Files

Comment

Two of my favourites;

- The Qur'an (Oxford World Classics) by Muhammad Abdel Haleem
                            - Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship by Al-Ghazali

Comment

https://archive.org/details/NobleLif...labi/page/n139

Dr Ali al sallabi seerah of Muhammed صلي الله عليه وسلام

Comment

https://archive.org/details/NobleLif...labi/page/n139

Dr Ali al sallabi seerah of Muhammed صلي الله عليه وسلام
                                The best modern day seerah and should be a top five books that the English speaking Muslim should have in his library.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X