No announcement yet.

book club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indefinable grey font dino...please recommend me a book for a female cousin (early 20s) I'm prepping Ramadan bags for friends and cousins- ideally fiction, a good story and doesn't have to be Islamic.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
      Indefinable grey font dino...please recommend me a book for a female cousin (early 20s) I'm prepping Ramadan bags for friends and cousins- ideally fiction, a good story and doesn't have to be Islamic.
      It depends on what genre they like reading.

However, I remember that age, I used to really enjoy "Zoe Ferraris", her books are sensational. They draw you into the Muslim world and its culture and conflicts. (And everyone loves a good old murder mystery, with twists and turns).

So City of Veils, Finding Nouf, Kingdom of Strangers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
        Indefinable grey font dino...please recommend me a book for a female cousin (early 20s) I'm prepping Ramadan bags for friends and cousins- ideally fiction, a good story and doesn't have to be Islamic.
        Or ... James Patterson's Alex Cross series.

Comment

• Sealed nectar read it twice 💗
          so moving and emotional to read brings tears to your Eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

I borrowed my friends but its probably available online if you check amazon or ebay

or pdf for free online though i know most dont like pdfs
            Do you suggest any free ones or online please?

Comment

• Aqeedah al-Wasitiyya transcript:

https://abuaminaelias.com/al-aqeedah...ibn-taymiyyah/

Aqeedah al-Hamawiyya:

https://sunniconnect.com/m3/download...ibn-taymiyyah/

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                For those who might be interested: use ctrl + F and find "Tajheel".

Edit: You have to download the book from the link in order to properly "find".

Barak Allah Fik
                Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 02-04-20, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• This isn't a book, but it is the best refutation I've read of those who claim that Ibn Kathir - the student of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah - converted to Ash'arism later on his life:

https://theboriqeenotes.com/2018/08/...-ashari-kalam/

Comment

• I'd recommend few books, Muslim may get benefited, ->

1. Edward Said - Orientalism (someone already in this thread mentioned it and one asked why its not Saeed? Edward Said is Christian Arab (from Palestine) immigrated to USA and worked as Professor in Harvard and Princeton. The book open the intended misinformation the western orientalist did when they were translating oriental books / thoughts and/or knowledge to European language.

2. Brain Sex - Anne Moir (an important book to understand the basic difference between man and woman. Except the homo-sexual part). Worth reading to understand why you son is inattentive in school, how really a boy born in mother womb, why girls learn faster when they are child, why boys/man are good at maths but messy in management)

3. Clash of civilizations - Samuel Huntington. Nothing to say about it. A lot of prediction from this book turned true, especially for Muslims.

4. The well-trained mind - Susan Bauer -- Those who do home-schooling or thinking to give home-schooling to their kids, worth reading it.

5. Muhammad - Martin Lings. A beautiful book, appropriate collections of words to describes perfect memories of Prophet Muhammd (sw). Started before his born until death.

6. Struggle to surrender - Jeffery Lang. A professor of Math, converted to Islam wrote the basic problem of Islam in west. The conflict and confusion of Islam in west, the alienated behavior of Muslim living in west, the intention of creating diaspora and many more. Very interesting book. See his videos as well.

7. Two book from Scott Peck - Use of unusual method to treat people have psychological problem. Scott Peak was a professional psychiatrist. Interesting books also for those interested in Ruqya and have knowledge of Islamic psychology.

8. As came Islamic psychology, must read the book from Aisha Utz (may allah give her jannah) Psychology from the Islamic Perspective. A book can comply both academic and personal reading.

9. Another important book from Aisha Utz, Nurturing Eeman in Children. Good and important book for parent with little kids.

10. Return to Modesty - After reading first few pages, I told myself that the writer is jew. Yes, she is. Two point I have got from this book - a) western contemporary society is absolutely unable to coup with Islam (if you can don't send your child to western university), b) jew are cleverer than I've even simulated.

11. From my sister's lip - Na'ima B. Robert - Partly western Islam. If would like to know how Islam is, among western women, can take a look.

12. Books from Muhammad Asad.

13. What money can't buy a book from Michael Sandel. Nice book showing the power of money, different scocio-psychological edges to use money, money against ethics etc.

That's all I've got on my finger tips.

Comment

• Originally posted by aabab View Post
                      I'd recommend few books, Muslim may get benefited, ->

1. Edward Said - Orientalism (someone already in this thread mentioned it and one asked why its not Saeed? Edward Said is Christian Arab (from Palestine) immigrated to USA and worked as Professor in Harvard and Princeton. The book open the intended misinformation the western orientalist did when they were translating oriental books / thoughts and/or knowledge to European language.

2. Brain Sex - Anne Moir (an important book to understand the basic difference between man and woman. Except the homo-sexual part). Worth reading to understand why you son is inattentive in school, how really a boy born in mother womb, why girls learn faster when they are child, why boys/man are good at maths but messy in management)

3. Clash of civilizations - Samuel Huntington. Nothing to say about it. A lot of prediction from this book turned true, especially for Muslims.

4. The well-trained mind - Susan Bauer -- Those who do home-schooling or thinking to give home-schooling to their kids, worth reading it.

5. Muhammad - Martin Lings. A beautiful book, appropriate collections of words to describes perfect memories of Prophet Muhammd (sw). Started before his born until death.

6. Struggle to surrender - Jeffery Lang. A professor of Math, converted to Islam wrote the basic problem of Islam in west. The conflict and confusion of Islam in west, the alienated behavior of Muslim living in west, the intention of creating diaspora and many more. Very interesting book. See his videos as well.

7. Two book from Scott Peck - Use of unusual method to treat people have psychological problem. Scott Peak was a professional psychiatrist. Interesting books also for those interested in Ruqya and have knowledge of Islamic psychology.

8. As came Islamic psychology, must read the book from Aisha Utz (may allah give her jannah) Psychology from the Islamic Perspective. A book can comply both academic and personal reading.

9. Another important book from Aisha Utz, Nurturing Eeman in Children. Good and important book for parent with little kids.

10. Return to Modesty - After reading first few pages, I told myself that the writer is jew. Yes, she is. Two point I have got from this book - a) western contemporary society is absolutely unable to coup with Islam (if you can don't send your child to western university), b) jew are cleverer than I've even simulated.

11. From my sister's lip - Na'ima B. Robert - Partly western Islam. If would like to know how Islam is, among western women, can take a look.2. Books from Muhammad Asad.

13. What money can't buy a book from Michael Sandel. Nice book showing the power of money, different scocio-psychological edges to use money, money against ethics etc.

That's all I've got on my finger tips.

tell me more about clash of civilisations

Comment

• I am currently reading some beginner Hanbali fiqh books:

Bidayatul Abid & Umdat al Talib

& I am going to re read Ibn Rajab’s the key to Paradise Insha allah
                        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Many Islamic books (in English) are unavailable in Germany and who offer from UK / US offer higher shipping charge?
                          Does anybody know any good book seller, who is(are) good in this case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

tell me more about clash of civilisations
                            The writer himself,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVC8EYd_Z_g

Comment

-- that's a wrong reply. However, wasn't able to edit the comment. --

the correct reply is,

The writer tried to show, how upcoming clash (from his time 1994, which was just after USSR dissolved) going to happened between civilization rather than economic or political structure. However according Huntington's view the clash is between We vs They, where We are the western concept of living, western ideology, western supremacy and they are Chinese, Orthodox christian and of course specially the Muslim world. China as Confucian civilization.
                              However Huntington was a Ashkenazi Jew, despite the target of creating fitnah (what these ppl main goal in the world), this is also carries many helpful information for those who are not Summun Bukmun Umyun.

Comment

Many Islamic books (in English) are unavailable in Germany and who offer from UK / US offer higher shipping charge?
                                Does anybody know any good book seller, who is(are) good in this case?
                                idci

kitabun

islamichouse

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X