Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book club

bismillah

i thought it would be benficial to start a thread where people can recommend good books to read
    islamic, science, history anything beneficial etc

i recommend
    the sealed nectar - Saifur mubarakpuri
    biography of the prophet صلي الله عليه وسلام

musbah i choose you
    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 03-01-19, 04:30 PM.

Comment

recommend a book son then
      choose someone else

Comment

Edward Said - Orientalism, only have read it for uni but I agreed with most of his points
        Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
        In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
        USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
        (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          Edward Said - Orientalism, only have read it for uni but I agreed with most of his points
          jazak Allah khairan

weird name his name is Said
          maybe he means saeed

btw u gotta choose someone else

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
            bismillah

i thought it would be benficial to start a thread where people can recommend good books to read
            islamic, science, history anything beneficial etc
            I thought about this myself since I have a nice collection of books.
            "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

i recommend
              the sealed nectar - Saifur mubarakpuri
              biography of the prophet صلي الله عليه وسلام

musbah i choose you
              That is a good Seerah for the beginner to intermediate Muslim and in fact it makes the top 5 books for the new Muslim. For the intermediate to the advanced then I recommend "The Noble Prophet" by Dr. As- Sallabee in 3 volumes with over 2000 pages of authentic seerah with lessons and morals.

Comment

jazak Allah khairan

weird name his name is Said
                maybe he means saeed

btw u gotta choose someone else
                why?
                Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

why?
                  to keep it going
                  and its nice

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

That is a good Seerah for the beginner to intermediate Muslim and in fact it makes the top 5 books for the new Muslim. For the intermediate to the advanced then I recommend "The Noble Prophet" by Dr. As- Sallabee in 3 volumes with over 2000 pages of authentic seerah with lessons and morals.
                    yes jazak Allah khairan
                    there is also a translated version of ibn kathirs seerag which is 3 volumes i think similar to dr Ali al sullaybis
                    its available on pdf on the site
                    advice for paradise

although im yet to read either one

Comment

I thought about this myself since I have a nice collection of books.
                      sounded like a pokemon
                      lol
                      i choose you

Comment

What I am going to do Insha Allah is start reviewing my books with photos and a little info on them. So this thread may get long..

Comment

What I am going to do Insha Allah is start reviewing my books with photos and a little info on them. So this thread may get long..
                          cool

Comment

Book Review: Infamies of the Soul & Their Treatments by Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Sulami
                            Translated by Musa Furber
                            Published by Islamosaic
                            Level: Beginner to Intermediate

This book just came out Nov of 2018. It is one of the earliest classical texts of the purification of the soul. It presents 69 wicked traits of the soul and how to remedy them. Good small book and quick reading if you just cover one topic a day and takes just a few minutes of your time but a treasure to contemplate. Book is of good quality and Musa Furber is starting to translate many classical works. He also gives you the sources if any. You can purchase online with Amazon for $9.95. The link and some pics below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/19...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Musbah; 06-01-19, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Book Review: Infamies of the Soul & Their Treatments by Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Sulami
                              Translated by Musa Furber
                              Published by Islamosaic
                              Level: Beginner to Intermediate

This book just came out Nov of 2018. It is one of the earliest classical texts of the purification of the soul. It presents 69 wicked traits of the soul and how to remedy them. Good small book and quick reading if you just cover one topic a day and takes just a few minutes of your time but a treasure to contemplate. Book is of good quality and Musa Furber is starting to translate many classical works. He also gives you the sources if any. You can purchase online with Amazon for $9.95. The link and some pics below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/19...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

interesting
                              also
                              discipline of the soul

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X