Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treating Sihr with Sihr is Explicitly Prohibited!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treating Sihr with Sihr is Explicitly Prohibited!!!

:start:

I may be mistaken, but it appears that there is the growing attempt here on the Jinn/Ruqya/Unseen section of UF to engage in an Occult practice that is strictly prohibited by the Prophet . It is treating Sihr with Sihr. It is called Nashrah, or Nushrah.
    The fuqaha recognize that there is only ONE kind of "nashrah" that can be applied, it is treating Sihr with Ruqya and the prescribed duat and actions. As for witchcraft, it is kufr and apostasy, and puts one beyond the pale of Islam. It is not permissible to engage in it or to go to a practitioner of witchcraft seeking a cure.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Re: Treating Sihr with Sihr is Explicitly Prohibited!!!

Some real dodgy posts here that's for sure

Mods need to keep a closer eye on this section
    Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

:jkk: And those who permitted it were wrong.
      Watch those eyes

Comment

Salaam
        [MENTION=62710]Abu Kamel[/MENTION]
        Can you point out or mention the posts were you suspect sihr is being advocated?
        I have not yet read anything or any treatment suggested to contain shirk or even more blatant straight sihr.
        Could it be that a lack of knowledge about the field of ruqya is clouding your judgement?

Wa salaam
        And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

:jkk:

This answers a lot of questions for this thread:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...response/page2

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
            :jkk:

This answers a lot of questions for this thread:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...response/page2
            Salaam

If you are talking about deobandism then I agree
            Abu Ibraheem Hussnayn spoke about this in a YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/S9XlbJPn6wc
            And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

The fundamental principle [asl] at play in this matter is the restriction from and abstention of an act unless and until there is evidence from the Divine texts permitting it.

This is the fundamental principle of an action, in particular as it related to 'sihr'.

That is the legal basis of my position.

The reality further supports this, as the reality today includes several "grimoires" of "black magic" and "white magic" which have become available to the public both intentionally through the actual pages found online and regularly quoted, to being unintentionally or deceptively available through misrepresentation by nefarious actors in public, such as someone like Bugs Bunny or Jimmy Saville saying "abra****ra" making it a pop cultural phrase.

Thus, in our reality today, "sihr" which means both 'magic' and 'Occult' have gained widespread saturation into the world [again] such that one may carry out an action thinking it "cool" or popular, when in reality it is an act or saying of "sihr", like "astrology".

Or one may attempt to treat an act of "sihr" with an act which one perceives is a remedy based on what he learned from someone else, or through trial and error, or an unqualified interpretation of a text, but in reality it is an act of "sihr".
              Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
              " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Salaam

"Or one may attempt to treat an act of "sihr" with an act which one perceives is a remedy based on what he learned from someone else, or through trial and error, or an unqualified interpretation of a text, but in reality it is an act of "sihr".

This last part excludes a lot that can be helpfull in ruqya.

The hadith of the prophet was clear.
                As long as there is NO SHIRK involved the ruqya is permitted.

Awf ibn Maalik al-Ashja‘ee (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “We used to make incantations during the times of ignorance, so we said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what is your opinion on this matter?’ He replied, ‘Let me hear your incantations, for incantations which do not have shirk in them are fine.”

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam

Comment

Ibn Qudama al Maqdisi (rh) and notable Hanbali faqih reported in al Mughni:

"If sihr is treated with the recitation of some of verses of the Qur'an or some invocations, then there is nothing wrong with it. As for the treatment of sihr with sihr, Imam Ahmad never went beyond this issue."

"That learning or teaching sihr is an unlawful act is an uncontroversial issue among scholars as far as we know. The Hanbalists hold that a person becomes an unbeliever if he learns to practise sihr, whether he believes in sihr as lawful or unlawful."

So the notion alleged that imam Ibn Hanbal (rh) permitted nashrah- treating sihr with sihr- is rejected by his the most respected of the madhab.

Comment

إنَّ اللهَ لم يَجعَل شِفاءَكُم فيما حَرَّمَ عليكم

"Indeed, Allaah has not put your cure in that which He has made haraam for you."

Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                      إنَّ اللهَ لم يَجعَل شِفاءَكُم فيما حَرَّمَ عليكم

"Indeed, Allaah has not put your cure in that which He has made haraam for you."

Brother from where did you get this. I couldnot find this in google. I want to know because i heard somewhat this line in my dream but never understood. Today i saw your post and got remembered please tellme.

" "innallaha lam yaj al shifaa kum feema haramma alaikum""

Comment

Originally posted by sister5 View Post

Brother from where did you get this. I couldnot find this in google. I want to know because i heard somewhat this line in my dream but never understood. Today i saw your post and got remembered please tellme.

" "innallaha lam yaj al shifaa kum feema haramma alaikum""
                        You will find it in Ibn Hajar's book التلخيص الحبير
                        Watch those eyes

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X