Validity of talaq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I wasn’t aware of that, I have heard a lot of people recommend them. Is the main man dodgy?! I went to him before
    Long story...

The fee alone should be enough to put people off.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Long story...

The fee alone should be enough to put people off.
      It’s £30 to get a ruling for divorce, it’s a lot cheaper than ICE which is over £100…
      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

It’s £30 to get a ruling for divorce, it’s a lot cheaper than ICE which is over £100…
        Nice you have to pay for the sharia of Allah to take place

not to mention these courts have a women judging along with the men

these people are a joke
        (not you i mean those people who run the places)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

these people are a joke
          When I went it was just a man judging but I get what you’re saying. What can we do though akhi, as a woman If you’re going through a difficult time no shaykh wants to help you, they just say go to the shariah court and sort it out and get a judgement. Charging £400+ for a khula is an absolute joke though authobillah. Women who seek khul are already vulnerable hence why they are going for a khula and it just means more and more women stay in abusive marriages as they can’t afford to go to the court & the husband will not comply by sorting a khula out himself
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_
            Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

these people are a joke
            When I went it was just a man judging but I get what you’re saying. What can we do though akhi, as a woman If you’re going through a difficult time no shaykh wants to help you, they just say go to the shariah court and sort it out and get a judgement. Charging £400+ for a khula is an absolute joke though authobillah. Women who seek khul are already vulnerable hence why they are going for a khula and it just means more and more women stay in abusive marriages as they can’t afford to go to the court & the husband will not comply by sorting a khula out himself
            How does this process work? I don't know anything about it tbh

Why would it be do expensive? Is it just money making in the name of the deen?

Comment

Assalamo alaykum
              I do not understand well UK laws. In my country it is impissible to marry islamically without state marriage first.

Regarding "solicitors fees", I've read:
              https://www.gov.uk/guidance/solicito...e-hourly-rates

Solicitor usually works on your case hourly. Maybe they need 5-10 hours within a team to resolve a difficult case x 200-400 £ .
              If not volounteering, everyone charges a fee. London is an expensive area. There are also regulating laws.

And, please note that a divorce should maybe happen once or maybe twice in a lifetime and that it is among the most important decissiona in people/childrens lives.

Comment

Regarding female jurists, please read:
                http://www.khotwacenter.com/female-j...lamic-history/

Regarding two female witnesses "equaling" one male there is a difference in opinion about tafseer (or critically wisdom) and practice.
                We should consider that:
                Gender roles were different throught the time. If you consider western law, woman rights were not as mans until recently. Woman are of a more subtle nature. They can be affraid more often or stay silent maybe etc.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X