Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity of talaq

Assalamu aleikum everyone,

I know the issue I am experiencing needs an Islamic scholar and proper fatwa/ talaq ruling, but I am in great need of support and advice.

My husband has been possessed for a few years now. He was seen by various raqi with not much result apart from them confirming that he is indeed under influence of jinn, as well as sihr. Until now we haven’t identified the source of magic.

From the very first day we found out about the jinn, we have been living in hell. His personality had changed completely, he started having health issues that no doctors can explain, he started saying haram things to family members and me. He’s having severe anger and possession attacks when we can clearly see the jinn is taking control over him. In the past, she used to change his voice, make his body move strangely, shiver, cry, etc. He occasionally reacts to Quran when I play I at home.

As I mentioned, his personality changed 180 degrees. I won’t go into much detail about the things he did that I found unacceptable in marriage, but, most importantly, during his anger attacks he gave me divorce. This happened three times (not at once). He’d instantly regret them, as if the set happened without him realising what he’s done. Most importantly, even after pronouncing last talaq, he carried out as if nothing has happened. He simply said “I had attack”. I also need to mention that the person I married was such a devoted Muslim that he wouldn’t even look at me had we divorced.

Now, I’ve read a plenty of Islamic rules on divorce during the state of anger, etc. He’s terrified of seeing the scholars. We know one of the intentions of his jinn was to divorce us. When I ask him - did you have niyah to do that, did you realise what you’ve done, he can’t answer. When he’s angry, he’d say we are divorced. When he’s in his own mind, he’d say he doesn’t remember anything, so I need to tell him exactly what happened. I can’t take such responsibility, I can only confirm the things he’s doing/ saying up until this day are not those coming from a mentally healthy person. Compared to some abusive and offensive things he’s said/ done to me, talaq sounded as a joke. So, I know this is something that the person would have never done. Plus, he obviously doesn’t pray (he either stops during his prayers or feels sick after them), his iman is 100% affected by jinn/ magic.

There’s ofc a lot more details to it, but any advice/ experiences will be much appreciated.

Wa alaykumu Salam
    Wish to help.
    Your situation is very complex.
    You know probably that posession is treated as severe psychosis in modern medicine and requires hospital treatment.
    Person similar to your husband could hurt badly himself and yourself in such a state. Please remain safe and do not suffer. Inform your family, family doctor and if he attacks ypu, the police.

Start resolving step by step. Multidisciplinary interventions are needed.
    Best it would be to find a psychiatrist trained in islamic spirituality. You should try to get such a doctor to include in your treatment cooperation with a local mufti, or maybe if there are islamic marriage jurists in UK. After health and marriage validity issues resolve, you should always strive to maintain in future best possible affairs in deen and dunya.

If the psychiatrist is not trained in islamic spirituality, get maybe a muslim psychiatrist that knows a rightheous orthodox sufi shaykh to treat you both complementary.

Ask a lot of dua and make dhikr and salawat often, both out loud and silent when in company of others maybe.
    Dont talk to much, don't grudge, smile often and always talk possitive.

Ask Allah often what to do, what to decide.

Also, children must not suffer. Get them into boarding education or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Murid View Post
      Wa alaykumu Salam
      Wish to help.
      Your situation is very complex.
      You know probably that posession is treated as severe psychosis in modern medicine and requires hospital treatment.
      Person similar to your husband could hurt badly himself and yourself in such a state. Please remain safe and do not suffer. Inform your family, family doctor and if he attacks ypu, the police.

Start resolving step by step. Multidisciplinary interventions are needed.
      Best it would be to find a psychiatrist trained in islamic spirituality. You should try to get such a doctor to include in your treatment cooperation with a local mufti, or maybe if there are islamic marriage jurists in UK. After health and marriage validity issues resolve, you should always strive to maintain in future best possible affairs in deen and dunya.

If the psychiatrist is not trained in islamic spirituality, get maybe a muslim psychiatrist that knows a rightheous orthodox sufi shaykh to treat you both complementary.

Ask a lot of dua and make dhikr and salawat often, both out loud and silent when in company of others maybe.
      Dont talk to much, don't grudge, smile often and always talk possitive.

Ask Allah often what to do, what to decide.

Also, children must not suffer. Get them into boarding education or something similar.
      Thank you so much. Indeed, I take his possession as a severe mental issue. I’m just not sure how this affects the validity of what he says and does.

Thanks a lot for your advice, inshaAllah we still have the chance to fix things.

Comment

Honestly wrong place to come for help. You need to instantly get in touch with a reliable scholar(s).
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
          Honestly wrong place to come for help. You need to instantly get in touch with a reliable scholar(s).
          I wish getting in touch with scholars was as easy as you say. I’m not even mentioning how many raqis we’ve tried with little result.
          I’ve contacted various places already and, unfortunately, it’s taking ages for anyone to even pick up the phone. I’m trying everything I can.

Comment

Originally posted by mrm32 View Post

I wish getting in touch with scholars was as easy as you say. I’m not even mentioning how many raqis we’ve tried with little result.
            I’ve contacted various places already and, unfortunately, it’s taking ages for anyone to even pick up the phone. I’m trying everything I can.
            i can pm you the number of a scholar, he used to be the scholar on this forum and he replies quickly too. He can give marriage advice aswell and may have contacts to help r.e the raqi situation(not fully sure on that). May Allaah ease your affairs and cure your husband completely. Aameen.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

i can pm you the number of a scholar, he used to be the scholar on this forum and he replies quickly too. He can give marriage advice aswell and may have contacts to help r.e the raqi situation(not fully sure on that). May Allaah ease your affairs and cure your husband completely. Aameen.
              Please do!
              jazakAllahu khair

Comment

Please do!
                jazakAllahu khair
                Wa Iyyaki, will do
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Are you in the U.K.? There’s a sharia court in Francis road London who can help you. It doesn’t cost too much either. Ring them and make an appointment.

Do NOT go to a scholar who will give you an answer through txt message or email! This is a very serious matter and you and your husband MUST sit in front of a scholar (or have a three way chat) and both of you present your sides so that the scholar can come to a judgement.

Divorce is a sensitive topic and whilst most scholars say that divorce said in intense anger doesn’t count, it’s not a ruling that we can apply on ourselves. How do we determine intense anger etc. We need to consult someone who is aware of the rulings and regulations around divorce so that they can help you.

With regard to the Jinn problem, search abu ibraheem husnayn and tell your husband to start the 30 day ruqya programme immediately. You too, should do it alongside him
                  https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Are you in the U.K.? There’s a sharia court in Francis road London who can help you. It doesn’t cost too much either. Ring them and make an appointment.

Do NOT go to a scholar who will give you an answer through txt message or email! This is a very serious matter and you and your husband MUST sit in front of a scholar (or have a three way chat) and both of you present your sides so that the scholar can come to a judgement.

Divorce is a sensitive topic and whilst most scholars say that divorce said in intense anger doesn’t count, it’s not a ruling that we can apply on ourselves. How do we determine intense anger etc. We need to consult someone who is aware of the rulings and regulations around divorce so that they can help you.

With regard to the Jinn problem, search abu ibraheem husnayn and tell your husband to start the 30 day ruqya programme immediately. You too, should do it alongside him
                    As salamu aleikum sister,
                    Thanks for the advice. I have already received a response from one of the UK sharia courts, and they suggested an appointment (they are all online atm, but with all parties involved).

My partner, of course, refuses to do it. I’m not even mentioning the Ruqyah plan.

InshaAllah I will continue the fight and be patient.
                    Many thanks for your kind support.

Comment

Assalamo alaykum
                      I've read some previous posts of yours, Clevinora or mrm32, trying to understand your situation.
                      Why do you post from multiple accounts?
                      Marrying only "islamically" in secular countries is not the best way. Marrying to soon neither.
                      Please implement from now on into diet of you both, 100 mL 100% organic pomegranate juice twice daily.

Comment

Maybe he wants a divorce and thought to do it this way?

Im saying this bcos i know of a sister whose husband used the jinn excuse to divorce her and later found out he wanted to leave her cos he didn't like her and had fell in love with another woman. :/

Comment

Murid 1 minute ago
                          You seem as a sincere muslim.
                          How did you marry him islamically as a non muslim?
                          You considered him like a boyfriend, because you were not muslim?
                          How long ago did you "marry"?
                          When did he abandon prayers and started misbahaving?
                          Was that sudden?
                          Why is he misbahaving?
                          What does he want from you?
                          Get him if possible praying in the mosque and going to the gym daily.

For every next step and decission think about calmly after making dua for guidence, like Allahumma inni as alukal huda wa sadad, Rabbi zidni ilman warzuqni fahman, Allahuma khirli wakhtarli, Allahumma alhimni rushdi wa aizni min sharri nafsi, Allahumma arinal haqqa haqqan warzuqna tibaah wa erinal batilan batila warzuqnajtinabah.
                          please fibd these duas in Arabic, print them, read them daily for at least 10 mins daily and give the copies of them to others.

Every decission in our life, every next step, every word matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Are you in the U.K.? There’s a sharia court in Francis road London who can help you. It doesn’t cost too much either...
                            Some dodgy people there and not just because they charge money.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Some dodgy people there and not just because they charge money.
                              I wasn’t aware of that, I have heard a lot of people recommend them. Is the main man dodgy?! I went to him before
                              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X