Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schizophrenia-Experiencing Synchronicity/Apophenia & Pareidolia - Can anyone relate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_S_A View Post
    Wa'alaikum as-Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu.

I am certain I'm suffering from jinn possession. My head and limbs move against my will and I also some energy(kind of like a magnetic field) moving through my head and chest causing numb feeling.

As for the synchronicity/apophenia experiences, I am confused where they are coming from. As I've been experiencing them before I got possessed(experience of a foreign force controlling my body). And after possession, I see faces/images/messages in things which match with the synchronicity/apophenia experiences.
    So, if I think of something like "I wish I could choke the throat of this jinn inside me." I may see a smiley face like a ',:) in something, then maybe I would see a guy choking another guy(maybe on tv or in real).

I do have a family that is supporting me, Alhamdulillah. I also have quite a few friends, but I'm unable to keep in touch with them. I've gone to a psychiatrist and am on medications. I have also gone to a reliable and experienced Raqi. I do Ruqya daily.

I pray the 5 daily prayers but not all of them in the masjid. My daily schedule is very bad and not in my control. Sometimes I manage to read the morning and evening adhkar but with great difficulty.
    It takes very long for me read my Salah because of the blockages in my mind, and also to make taharah due to urinary incontinence. Much time of the day goes in these 2 things only.

The problem is that much of whatever good things I try to do(Salah, adhkar, duas, etc.), I get very strong blockages in the way. To give you an example, just to reply to this thread which I had started by my phone, I found multiple blockages in the way.
    The day before yesterday, when I saw your replies on this thread, I tried replying to you guys on my phone, but there was a pop-up coming in the way that wouldn't go away. This pop-up never showed up when I had started this topic. So today I am replying to you through my PC.

There are genuine and logical reasons that backup these blockages, so if I were to present these issues to anybody they would say it's just part of life. You face problems on a daily basis. Life is not completely smooth. Which is true. But it isn't supposed to be the way I'm experiencing it now. I've lived a part of my life facing problems and not facing problems and I could feel it as a normal thing. But it's not normal now. Every problem/blockage seems to be made on purpose.

I lost my job because of this.

I can say that I'm suffering from both jinn possession as well as mental illness.
    Psychiatry/science basically denies that existence of the jinns(unseen in general). Whatever the patient experiences is blamed/targeted on his/her mental state(hallucinations, imaginations, hearing things) instead of the unseen entities(waswaas). So from a psychiatrist's/scientific point of view, it would be considered as mental illness. I'd say it's the jinn causing the mental illness.
    Assalamualaikum wa rehmatullah wa barakatuh.

May Allah bless you. It seems like you are being consistent and disciplined in your effort.

I have the same problems as you. By the way.

I have suffered from thought blocking. I cannot pray the five daily prayers because my qareen prevents me. I also get a magnetic feeling in my head.

I was unable to finish university and don't have a job because of this jinn possession.

Currently, I spend my time at home.

I am familiar with synchronicity but I don't rely on it. The guidebook of a Muslim is the Quran. Don't be obsessed with synchronicity. The problem happens when you become obsessed with things like these. Don't be obsessed with it.

Do you have any other question or query? Do you want to learn about ruqya?

Comment

Originally posted by Introvert Dude5 View Post

Assalamualaikum wa rehmatullah wa barakatuh.

May Allah bless you. It seems like you are being consistent and disciplined in your effort.

I have the same problems as you. By the way.

I have suffered from thought blocking. I cannot pray the five daily prayers because my qareen prevents me. I also get a magnetic feeling in my head.

I was unable to finish university and don't have a job because of this jinn possession.

Currently, I spend my time at home.

I am familiar with synchronicity but I don't rely on it. The guidebook of a Muslim is the Quran. Don't be obsessed with synchronicity. The problem happens when you become obsessed with things like these. Don't be obsessed with it.

Do you have any other question or query? Do you want to learn about ruqya?
      Wa'alaikum-as-Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuhu,

May Allah(SWT) enable you to perform your daily prayers and all other rights as a Muslim with ease and grant you a good halal job. Aameen Ya Arhamar-Raahimeen.

Have you performed Ruqya on yourself?

As for me, I used to perform Ruqya daily but it has become difficult for me now as it is accompanied with OCD. The OCD is that I should perform the ruqya while comprehending to each and everything of it. So it gets very long and tiresome with all the mental blockages. The jinn makes me shout causing throat pain and pulls my head upwards causing dizziness and sore neck.

Most of my other forms of worship are accompanied by OCD's. Be it duas, adhkar etc.

Most of them are related to the idea that my worship has not been performed properly or effectively. So I have to repeat that particular worship all over again or wait until I mentally grasp/comprehend to what I have read in my worship. Some of the OCD's are on another level. For example, if I have a meal, after finishing it I should think of all the things that I ate and recall the feeling of their taste and only then read the dua after having a meal. I know it sounds absurd but it's OCD.

I'm not really obsessed with synchronicity nor do I rely on it but rather I'd say the opposite. Synchronicity is obsessed with me. It's like a bothersome person that interrupts at every moment and imposes upon me to do things not supposed to be done. Like a curse that doesn't allow any of your work to be successful.

‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčI've been reading the Qur-an since childhood but am unable to do so now. I feel doomed and hopeless when I read about those who got punished and those who are going to be punished and cursed.

We seek refuge in Allah(SWT) from His anger, curse and punishment.

Comment

Wa'alaikum-as-Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuhu,

May Allah(SWT) enable you to perform your daily prayers and all other rights as a Muslim with ease and grant you a good halal job. Aameen Ya Arhamar-Raahimeen.

Have you performed Ruqya on yourself?

As for me, I used to perform Ruqya daily but it has become difficult for me now as it is accompanied with OCD. The OCD is that I should perform the ruqya while comprehending to each and everything of it. So it gets very long and tiresome with all the mental blockages. The jinn makes me shout causing throat pain and pulls my head upwards causing dizziness and sore neck.

Most of my other forms of worship are accompanied by OCD's. Be it duas, adhkar etc.

Most of them are related to the idea that my worship has not been performed properly or effectively. So I have to repeat that particular worship all over again or wait until I mentally grasp/comprehend to what I have read in my worship. Some of the OCD's are on another level. For example, if I have a meal, after finishing it I should think of all the things that I ate and recall the feeling of their taste and only then read the dua after having a meal. I know it sounds absurd but it's OCD.

I'm not really obsessed with synchronicity nor do I rely on it but rather I'd say the opposite. Synchronicity is obsessed with me. It's like a bothersome person that interrupts at every moment and imposes upon me to do things not supposed to be done. Like a curse that doesn't allow any of your work to be successful.

‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčI've been reading the Qur-an since childhood but am unable to do so now. I feel doomed and hopeless when I read about those who got punished and those who are going to be punished and cursed.

We seek refuge in Allah(SWT) from His anger, curse and punishment.
        May Allah protect your eemaan.

Allah is the Most Merciful. He will reward you for the patience you are showing in this calamity. Do not be hopeless. Allah is able to forgive you. There is no need to be hopeless. Allah is aware of your difficulties.

By the way, I don't experience OCD. This is a difference between you and me.

Ruqya? Yes. I am doing ruqya. I recite manzil or listen to it. I hope you know what manzil is.

If it is difficult for you to do tilawat, you can listen to it on computer instead.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Are you a perfectionist? Did you have a habit of perfectionism when this problem started? Perfectionism has a link with OCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Introvert Dude5 View Post

May Allah protect your eemaan.

Allah is the Most Merciful. He will reward you for the patience you are showing in this calamity. Do not be hopeless. Allah is able to forgive you. There is no need to be hopeless. Allah is aware of your difficulties.

By the way, I don't experience OCD. This is a difference between you and me.

Ruqya? Yes. I am doing ruqya. I recite manzil or listen to it. I hope you know what manzil is.

If it is difficult for you to do tilawat, you can listen to it on computer instead.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Are you a perfectionist? Did you have a habit of perfectionism when this problem started? Perfectionism has a link with OCD.
          I think Manzil is the same as Ruqya. They can be used interchangeably.

‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčThat's good to know that you're not suffering from OCD. But then you said you're unable to pray your Salaat because of your qareen. That is an OCD preventing you from praying that is coming from the qareen.

I am inclined to do things in an organized and neat manner so I do I think I'm a perfectionist. The OCD is linked to my tendency of trying to be organized and complete in things.

I also suffer from lethargy.

‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčSince when did you start experiencing synchronicity? When did you get possessed? Did someone do magic on you or you got possessed just like that?

Comment

I think Manzil is the same as Ruqya. They can be used interchangeably.

‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčThat's good to know that you're not suffering from OCD. But then you said you're unable to pray your Salaat because of your qareen. That is an OCD preventing you from praying that is coming from the qareen.

I am inclined to do things in an organized and neat manner so I do I think I'm a perfectionist. The OCD is linked to my tendency of trying to be organized and complete in things.

I also suffer from lethargy.

‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčSince when did you start experiencing synchronicity? When did you get possessed? Did someone do magic on you or you got possessed just like that?
            Brother, you don't understand. Perfectionism is a bad thing. It is an unhealthy habit. You should try to let go of perfectionism. Be moderate in the way you worship Allah. I will send you a video of a psychologist in sha Allah.

I don't think the qareen is giving me OCD. It is just a blockage, not OCD.

I don't experience synchronicity. But I understand what it means.

I got possessed in my adolescent years when I was going to university. I don't know whether someone has done magic on me. I don't know how to find that out.

Comment

Here is a video of a psychologist talking about OCPD.

https://youtu.be/4ZCU_RxyCiY

There is a difference between OCD and OCPD. OCPD is ego syntonic.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X