They used to fear us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They used to fear us

It is interesting, in Tafsir Ibn Kathir, in commentary to the opening Ayat of Surah Jinn, Imam Ibn Kathir quotes the saying of Ikrimah Radiyallahu Anhu, that the Jinn used to fear men, as much or even more so than Humans, such that when humans would arrive in a valley, the Jinn would run away.

So it seems to me that in earlier/ancient Human society they used to be afraid of us, at least initially. But then the balance would shift when the chieften of the people would seek refuge of the leader of the Jinn, so the Jinn realised that man would flee from them just like they would flee from man. So Ikrimah Radiyallahu Anhu says that was the time they would choose to inflict men with insanity etc.

This reminds me also of the fact that Sulayman Alayhis Salam had, by Allah's will, control over the Jinn. There also reports of the Sahabah subduing them.

What do we learn from this?

There's some irony - man fears the unknown and he fears the Jinn, but man assumes that what he fears does not fear him, when in reality (and historically) they used to equally fear us, if not were more afraid of us.

I see so many brothers and sisters who use this forum who are terrified of the Jinn - there is some irony in that. You are literally making it worse for yourself. Realise they are just like you, realise that there are likely still some Jinn who are scared of you as you are scared of them. They live in societies like us, have jobs etc. There are Muslims amongst them, Jews, Christians and likely even atheists.

Stop fearing them so much - it is fear of them which will act as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Allah is the only one who can harm or benefit you, nothing occurs unless He so wills. It can be said that the fact that some brothers and sisters ascribing real power to the Shayatin is a form of Shirk - Shirk al-Asbab.

Nothing occurs unless Allah wills, he is the only real cause of all things, what we witness in his Sunnah of one thing appearing to cause another thing are the patterns that He has chosen and decreed, and He choose to break those at any time he wishes. There is nothing whatsoever fundamental about them. If he willed he can give you disease without a virus, or a virus without disease. He is powerful over all things. All things are by His decree alone, and he can decree whatever he so wills.

'Ibn Mas'ud narrated:

"The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) stood among us and said: 'One thing does not infect another.' So a Bedouin said: 'O Messenger of Allah! If a camel gets mangy glands and we leave it at the resting place of camels, then all of the camels get mange?' The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: 'Who caused the first to get manage? There is no 'Adwa nor safar. Allah created every soul, so he wrote its life, its provision, and its afflictions.'"

- Jami'at-Tirmidhi Vol. 4, Book 6, Hadith 2143; Kitab al-Qadar
    Yahya related to me from Malik from Ziyad ibn Sad from Amr ibn Muslim that Tawus al-Yamani said,

"I found some of the companions of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saying 'Everything is by decree.' " Tawus added, "I heard Abdullah ibn Umar say that The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. said, 'Everything is by decree - even incapacity and ability,' (or 'ability and incapacity')."

- Muwatta Imam Malik Book 46, Hadith 4 and Sahih Muslim Hadith 2656.

The Jinn cannot harm you, but think of Allah. Imagine your worst nightmares, and what you are scared and disgusted of the most. He can decree infinitely worse things for you.

So fear Him and seek refuge in Him alone.

The child who asks help for his mother will only receive help if the Most High so wills, his mother is in reality powerless.

None will help you in reality but Allah.
    Amir ul-Muminin Sayyiduna Ali KarramAllahu Wajhah said,
    "Mahma tasawwarta bi-balik, fallahu bi-khilaf dhalik,"
    Whatever comes into your mind, Allah is other than that,

Al-Aqeedah Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (Riwayah Abu Bakr al-Khallal),
    1/116

ma shaa Allah amazing post amazing.Thats what i always say.Its so sad we have lost our worth and disgraced ourselves.May Allah gives pride and honor to the righteous muslims who are not inferior before the jinns

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post
      It is interesting, in Tafsir Ibn Kathir, in commentary to the opening Ayat of Surah Jinn, Imam Ibn Kathir quotes the saying of Ikrimah Radiyallahu Anhu, that the Jinn used to fear men, as much or even more so than Humans, such that when humans would arrive in a valley, the Jinn would run away.

So it seems to me that in earlier/ancient Human society they used to be afraid of us, at least initially. But then the balance would shift when the chieften of the people would seek refuge of the leader of the Jinn, so the Jinn realised that man would flee from them just like they would flee from man. So Ikrimah Radiyallahu Anhu says that was the time they would choose to inflict men with insanity etc.

This reminds me also of the fact that Sulayman Alayhis Salam had, by Allah's will, control over the Jinn. There also reports of the Sahabah subduing them.

What do we learn from this?

There's some irony - man fears the unknown and he fears the Jinn, but man assumes that what he fears does not fear him, when in reality (and historically) they used to equally fear us, if not were more afraid of us.

I see so many brothers and sisters who use this forum who are terrified of the Jinn - there is some irony in that. You are literally making it worse for yourself. Realise they are just like you, realise that there are likely still some Jinn who are scared of you as you are scared of them. They live in societies like us, have jobs etc. There are Muslims amongst them, Jews, Christians and likely even atheists.

Stop fearing them so much - it is fear of them which will act as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Allah is the only one who can harm or benefit you, nothing occurs unless He so wills. It can be said that the fact that some brothers and sisters ascribing real power to the Shayatin is a form of Shirk - Shirk al-Asbab.

Nothing occurs unless Allah wills, he is the only real cause of all things, what we witness in his Sunnah of one thing appearing to cause another thing are the patterns that He has chosen and decreed, and He choose to break those at any time he wishes. There is nothing whatsoever fundamental about them. If he willed he can give you disease without a virus, or a virus without disease. He is powerful over all things. All things are by His decree alone, and he can decree whatever he so wills.

The Jinn cannot harm you, but think of Allah. Imagine your worst nightmares, and what you are scared and disgusted of the most. He can decree infinitely worse things for you.

So fear Him and seek refuge in Him alone.

The child who asks help for his mother will only receive help if the Most High so wills, his mother is in reality powerless.

None will help you in reality but Allah.
      very good thread Alhamdulillah

the sooner people realise this the better in sha Allah

Comment

this is really really true in my experience (and my ex husband's ) !

and i even told my non Muslim semi-friends/acquaintances this, some months ago (middle of 2020) one of them was recounting about jinn (they called it ghost) experience she'd had and strong incident during that weekend's hiking trip they took in a very isolated place -

i had so much to share with them that might be of benefit and the nice thing is, they were totally receptive and just took it as fact (even though they're not Muslim) and they're both 40+, and one's 'African-American' and one's "white' (i do the " becase it's actually unimportant to my point, except to illustrate the diversity of people who h,ave no issue accepting this stuff despite not being muslim
        i even told them to go on youtube and type in Ruqyah and just listen to it, ideally read translation, because the meaning of verses like Surah Taha actually takes away a lot of psychological fear toO! if yodon't know the meaning you will feel less confident than if you did know.

btw the good jinn - we've experienced one thing like that - are not scared or are, i don't know - i just know good jinn in general find humans annoying/disturbing, so try to stay away -it's only the malevolent ones who sometimes seek us out -
        they can once in a blue moon do something to help you (like a once in a lifetime occurrence, perhaps) and you'll never be able to explain the thing except acknowledging it was a jinn or a jinn appearing in human form in the middle of nowhere i.e. a dark forest in Islamabad (and then suddenly disappear - it told us to look at something else ) and you turn around and the totally messed up car is actually working ("he" - had said even if you dont think, just try to drive it, it's fixed, before disappearing) - even directed us to the correct path prior to that -

my mom is to this day convinced that was an angel appearing in human form to help us out (esp as she'd prayed in total despair) but i think good jinn (nobody can know for sure) and never made a big deal about it, but brings it up maybe 2 times in her life, and we all remember it -

that happened when i was about 10 or 11 with me my mom and siblings (thats why im writing it like fact) but it's prob gonna make people think im crazy (and im new to this forum) always talking about jinn (i swear i dont really in real life, or think about them, but recent incidents reminded me of stuff)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X