Is Jinn Posession Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheHaqq

What do you think about the story from 5:50 - 13:20?

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
      TheHaqq

What do you think about the story from 5:50 - 13:20?

As bad as it sound, I say what I said, it does not mean that the jinn is actually controlling him, such stories just make me doubt Jinn possession even more. So you are telling me that the Jinn have the power to control a person like this yet the Prophet (peace be upon him) who cared about his ummah so much and even taught us how to clean ourselves after using the toilet did not explicitly warn us about it? That is very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaqq View Post

As bad as it sound, I say what I said, it does not mean that the jinn is actually controlling him, such stories just make me doubt Jinn possession even more. So you are telling me that the Jinn have the power to control a person like this yet the Prophet (peace be upon him) who cared about his ummah so much and even taught us how to clean ourselves after using the toilet did not explicitly warn us about it? That is very strange.
        Interestingly enough afaik he did not explicitly say it is or that it isn't

Yet, it was a topic covered extensively by many ulema, a widely held belief from even before those times and a belief all Muslims pretty much have nowadays

There are some clear wisdoms of not going into depth about jinn possession tho

Comment

What I mean by Jinn possession is that the Jinn enters the body and actually takes control, leaving no free will for the body that is controlled until the jinn exits from the body either by itself or through Ruqya.

There is no clear Verse or Hadith stating that Jinn can possess/control a person, rather we find the opposite, that the power of the Jinn is limited to Wasawah, so a Jinn may enter the body and overwhelm the person with whispers, this would result in a weak person feeling mental and going crazy, but it cannot actually control them.

Thoughts?
          not real it doesnt happen, whap happens is some ppl might be having negative toughts that are a lot and then will say they are possesed or something even tho they are not, itsnot possible to get possesed by a jin or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

How would we know you're not acting?
            I don't get any money or fame for acting. One of the worse things about Sihr/Jinn possession is that it's hard to prove to normal people and to the court system. The word "sihr" means hidden from the sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan1236 View Post

I don't get any money or fame for acting. One of the worse things about Sihr/Jinn possession is that it's hard to prove to normal people and to the court system. The word "sihr" means hidden from the sight.
              dont worry your not possesed by a jinn you probably might have a mental ilness, have you spoken to a physiatrist?

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Not a fan of YQ
                His views in matters of Aqeedah are dangerous, in the realm of Kufr, as he loyally defends Ibn Taymiyyah's view that Jahannam will end, poisons the minds on the youth with Tajsim, and is forced to admit that his understanding of the divine speech contradicts his knowledge of the Ahruf. His fiqhi views adopt a modernist slant and he quotes the likes of Rashid Rida. His political views lean towards that mindset too. In other words he's like any typical ex-Salafi - he does not give up the Batil "aqeedah" but gradually adopts more progressive and modernist views in line with the forefathers of the Salafi movement, in line with his teacher al-Ouda (may Allah release even those speaking heresy from imprisonment).

However, even as an Sunni Muslim, I still benefit from the things he posts.

He is no different to Ibn Taymiyyah and Muqatil bin Sulayman, his views in Aqeedah may be Batil, but all people take from these two in matters of Hadith and Tafsir respectively - and Ibn Taymiyyah is an important source of fiqh, controversies or not, for the Hanbali. Read what Ibn Hajar writes on Muqatil in his Tadhib - that is similar to my attitude to Yasir Qadhi.

One has to learn to take the good with the bad. People just look for a group of scholars who are good in areas or make no mistakes, such people are reliant on others in matters of belief etc. This is fundamentally a weakness of Taqwa - do not be reliant on others - but take what is good from all. Even the innovator speaks a word of good and even the Sunni scholars will make blunders.

Don't the Christians call for people to show love to Allah and to their neighbours? But they are disbelievers. Don't the Jews emphasise Monotheism? But they are disbelievers.

If your Shaykh/ Shuyukh leave Islam tomorrow will you follow them too?
                Amir ul-Muminin Sayyiduna Ali KarramAllahu Wajhah said,
                "Mahma tasawwarta bi-balik, fallahu bi-khilaf dhalik,"
                Whatever comes into your mind, Allah is other than that,

Al-Aqeedah Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (Riwayah Abu Bakr al-Khallal),
                1/116

Comment

Some good lectures/discussion on Jinn possession:

Above is good for a skeptic like you TheHaqq.

Above lecture is also very balanced, Shaykh talks about mental health issues, drug abuse etc. making up the majority of the cases of people who think they are possessed, alongside a minority who actually are possessed.

Just to show you I've also heard the arguments of the other (neo-Mu'tazili) Hadith-rejecting side. He quotes Imam al-Jassas etc. I made some comments on that video.

In summary the one of sound aql, who is neither an extreme trivialist nor an extreme skepticist, will be able to accept this phenomenon as it is rationally possible, mass reported, and also mentioned in Wahy, and accepted by the vast majority of scholars. If Aql, Adi and Naql strongly evidence something as true, the rational person will accept it.

So the mind admits it is possible.

The eyes have seen it, seen multiple people attest to it and confirmed the truthful reports regarding it.

The ears have heard it in divine revelation.

Then why shouldn't the heart accept it too?

1/116

Comment

What I mean by Jinn possession is that the Jinn enters the body and actually takes control, leaving no free will for the body that is controlled until the jinn exits from the body either by itself or through Ruqya.

There is no clear Verse or Hadith stating that Jinn can possess/control a person, rather we find the opposite, that the power of the Jinn is limited to Wasawah,

Thoughts?
                    Haven't you answered your own question ? Also are there any hadith about jinn entering people or any hadith about excorscism. ?

Comment

Originally posted by yama nemati View Post

not real it doesnt happen, whap happens is some ppl might be having negative toughts that are a lot and then will say they are possesed or something even tho they are not, itsnot possible to get possesed by a jin or anything else.

I have

Comment

I have
                        Have you spoken with a physiatrist? You may have either bi polar, anxiety, or depression. You should make an appointment with a physiatrist near you so they can give you medicine for it to heal

Comment

Originally posted by yama nemati View Post

Have you spoken with a physiatrist? You may have either bi polar, anxiety, or depression. You should make an appointment with a physiatrist near you so they can give you medicine for it to heal

My case has become very complex. It seems to be multiple jinn now and I’m fully possessed. I’ve been eating a lot, not able to pray or do morning/evening adkar (still trying), feel sleepy but can’t sleep, hearing voices that tell me Allah isn’t going to help me, see jinns walking into the room at night, pain inside my body organs, head, ears, lack of sleep, confusion, epilepsy, swallowed feet, some jinn/invisible wrote something on my forehead at night which wasn’t Quran and I started to have extreme brain symptoms and I feel controlled, noticed devil honks on my forehead too on skin, blood boils in my body and chest and breathing tube, end up sitting in bathroom for 45 mins, dreams (snakes biting me, another dream I’m trying to kill snake but it doesn’t get killed, I try escape group of people with knives but end up getting stabbed.

After 3 hr Quranic recitation, snake jinni spoke through my body - has been sent to destroy me completely and make me commit suicide. Sent from India. Have also had magic through my photo - 6 ohter jinns inside body -- head, eyes, stomach (through food w/ satanic spell on it), throat, and legs.

Only Allah knows what i am going through. Sihr is real and is total destruction - destorys marriage, families, financials, mental, physcial health and everything around you including your Imaan (after a while and if magic is repeated several times)

Comment

My case has become very complex. It seems to be multiple jinn now and I’m fully possessed. I’ve been eating a lot, not able to pray or do morning/evening adkar (still trying), feel sleepy but can’t sleep, hearing voices that tell me Allah isn’t going to help me, see jinns walking into the room at night, pain inside my body organs, head, ears, lack of sleep, confusion, epilepsy, swallowed feet, some jinn/invisible wrote something on my forehead at night which wasn’t Quran and I started to have extreme brain symptoms and I feel controlled, noticed devil honks on my forehead too on skin, blood boils in my body and chest and breathing tube, end up sitting in bathroom for 45 mins, dreams (snakes biting me, another dream I’m trying to kill snake but it doesn’t get killed, I try escape group of people with knives but end up getting stabbed.

After 3 hr Quranic recitation, snake jinni spoke through my body - has been sent to destroy me completely and make me commit suicide. Sent from India. Have also had magic through my photo - 6 ohter jinns inside body -- head, eyes, stomach (through food w/ satanic spell on it), throat, and legs.

Only Allah knows what i am going through. Sihr is real and is total destruction - destorys marriage, families, financials, mental, physcial health and everything around you including your Imaan (after a while and if magic is repeated several times)

ok it sounds like you probably have bi Pilar disorder, please make an appointment with a physiatrist as soon as possible they will give you medicine for it and all these negative thoughts you have will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post
                              Some good lectures/discussion on Jinn possession:

Above is good for a skeptic like you TheHaqq.

Above lecture is also very balanced, Shaykh talks about mental health issues, drug abuse etc. making up the majority of the cases of people who think they are possessed, alongside a minority who actually are possessed.

Just to show you I've also heard the arguments of the other (neo-Mu'tazili) Hadith-rejecting side. He quotes Imam al-Jassas etc. I made some comments on that video.

In summary the one of sound aql, who is neither an extreme trivialist nor an extreme skepticist, will be able to accept this phenomenon as it is rationally possible, mass reported, and also mentioned in Wahy, and accepted by the vast majority of scholars. If Aql, Adi and Naql strongly evidence something as true, the rational person will accept it.

So the mind admits it is possible.

The eyes have seen it, seen multiple people attest to it and confirmed the truthful reports regarding it.

The ears have heard it in divine revelation.

Then why shouldn't the heart accept it too?
                              It sounds like you are desperately trying to accept something that you don't believe in yourself.

Clearly, people believed in Jinn posession to explain the unexplainable, I respect those scholars that were able to look past all of this emotional talk and study the evidences with reality critically.

Comment

It sounds like you are desperately trying to accept something that you don't believe in yourself.

Clearly, people believed in Jinn posession to explain the unexplainable, I respect those scholars that were able to look past all of this emotional talk and study the evidences with reality critically.
                                Well I do believe in it myself, and you make assumptions. You think "if 1 and 2 then 3", whereas I think "If 1 and 2 then we have a lot of options".

I agree with your explanation that many times Mental Ilnesses are the reality and people misconstrue this as Jinn possession. But that is not, rationally speaking, an explanation away of Jinn possession - you have only explained some (or let's just say for sake of argument) most cases.

Your explanation does not contradict the reality of Jinn possession, it only works with it. And this is the problem with your mindset - quick intuition - quick assumption and quick rejection. Contemplate that Human societies all around the planet mention Jinn/Jinn possession. It is even in the (purported) Bible. Rather than attacking the past learn to respect it and learn from it.

I think the people on the forum who have experience of this most likely are going to be offended with your rejection - my problem with it is that you rejecting authentic Hadith. You know I read a paper on French Atheism where they mention even Atheists are turning to a non-Theistic spirituality to try explain the supernatural. People who have encountered these things are quick to change their opinions.

I hope as a rational person you think this through - we know it is Mumkin Aql'an, we know there are many reports of people experiencing it, from all cultures, and we know it is found in Hadith. Nor am I a person who rejects science/the scientific method or empiricism. I am asking you to stop extrapolating the some to the all.

If you realise the irrationality of this inference, you will have no issue accepting Jinn possession.

1/116

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X