Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schizophrenics hearing thoughts

Assalamu alaikum,

I had a casual discussion with a psychologist who witnessed a schizophrenic's ability to hear the thoughts of other people in a room. How is this possible? I guess it's all Jinn's work but how can a Jinn hear our thoughts? Isn't that only for Allah? It's actually scary, if shaytan can hear our thoughts then he can hear our plans, etc.

Originally posted by Loving View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,

I had a casual discussion with a psychologist who witnessed a schizophrenic's ability to hear the thoughts of other people in a room. How is this possible? I guess it's all Jinn's work but how can a Jinn hear our thoughts? Isn't that only for Allah? It's actually scary, if shaytan can hear our thoughts then he can hear our plans, etc.
    What did the psychologist say when you asked the same question?

Comment

We couldn't talk about it from an Islamic perspective at all. She said she attended some kind of procedure with this patient and it was so creepy cause the schizophrenic was repeating everything everyone had on mind and sometimes the same time she, the psychologist would have thought the patient would say it out loud.

Comment

Don't think about this too much. It can be too confusing.

But if anything, it could be that the waswasas are communicating between the people.
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          Don't think about this too much. It can be too confusing.

But if anything, it could be that the waswasas are communicating between the people.
          I need explanation...

Comment

I need explanation...
            It's possible for this individual to have been in tune with the frequency of the Shayateen. Whether that's solely because of their schizophrenia or perhaps they were under the influence of Sihr.

Generally speaking, people who suffer from schizophrenia are not accurately communicating with the Jinn (in a fortune-telling sense). It's a common trend amongst them to believe that the news on the radio/television is speaking about them personally. I had a friend whose condition required him getting shots at the hospital and he would always prefer reading the news on the television with the volume muted.

Comment

Assalamu alaikum,

"Al-Bukhari and Muslim narrated from Safiyyah bint Huyayy (may Allah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The shaytan flows through man like blood...

...The shaytan is aware of what a person is thinking to himself, and he knows his inclinations and his whims and desires, both good and bad, so he whispers to him accordingly"

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1181...entions-of-man

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

"Al-Bukhari and Muslim narrated from Safiyyah bint Huyayy (may Allah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The shaytan flows through man like blood...

...The shaytan is aware of what a person is thinking to himself, and he knows his inclinations and his whims and desires, both good and bad, so he whispers to him accordingly"

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1181...entions-of-man
                Is there any way to protect one's thoughts from shaytan overhearing?

Comment

Quite a few tears ago now but I remember an incident with a young sikh man doing something like this. He was known for being involved with shayaateen and I remember him telling us things about someone when he challenged him, being skeptical.

The man started telling us about the partner/s this brother had, name and other details I think, causing him a bit of embarrassment

​​​​​​I remember one of our teachers telling us a long time ago that this sort of thing is done by communicating with the Qareen - a jinn that that stays closely with each individual. I'm assuming the regular adhkaar and protection we have recommended to us in our deen is sufficient for protection against something like this also as intruding on someone's thoughts and private matters is a big thing.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2622...among-the-jinn
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                  -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Is there any way to protect one's thoughts from shaytan overhearing?
                    I'm not sure if that's possible. But there are various Surahs/Ayat that are recommended to recite for protection against the Shayateen. Everyone has a personal Qareen(Shaytan), but their authority over us diminishes as we increase in Imaan and good deeds.

Don't forget that your belief in the Shaytan's abilities are dependent on your belief in Allah and Islam. Allah has more right for you to fear His Knowledge and Authority over you. The Shaytan has deficiencies in his abilities and is limited to whatever Allah has determined for Him.

Comment

AmantuBillahi Fakhri-bin-Ali Jazakallahu Khair!

I just want to have secrets between Allah and me. I don't want anyone to know about them. For example, sometimes I make duas inside of my head and I don't want anyone to hear them, including angels.

Comment

Walaykum salam,

I used to be scared of the idea that there are people who read minds and can know our deep secrets and communicate with jinns etc. Then I started watching "The Mentalist" and it demystified things so much that I no longer worry. It's a crime drama about a man who is an expert in reading people's body language so well, that he can figure out all sorts of things about a person he's just met, even things the person is trying to hide. He used those skills to pretend he was psychic and could read thoughts.

So these abilities might not be communication with jinns at all and even if they are, jinns are invisible and see us when we're alone that's why they know so much about what we do behind closed doors that other people don't know. It means they can deduce stuff about us that we don't tell anyone, but it doesn't mean they can read our innermost thoughts.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I would be very wary of any psychologist who made a link between schizophrenia and mind reading, there is nothing to suggest this has anything to do with mental health issues. It sounds like a jinn/shayateen collaboration though. What I will say though is that most "fortune tellers" are just spouting generic stuff rather than actually seeking info from shayateen and our own confirmation biases allude this to be the truth. Anyone could claim that they are reading your thoughts and tell a bunch of stuff and by chance some of it could be true. Does not mean they have any kind reading abilities at all though.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                            Walaykum salam,

I used to be scared of the idea that there are people who read minds and can know our deep secrets and communicate with jinns etc. Then I started watching "The Mentalist" and it demystified things so much that I no longer worry. It's a crime drama about a man who is an expert in reading people's body language so well, that he can figure out all sorts of things about a person he's just met, even things the person is trying to hide. He used those skills to pretend he was psychic and could read thoughts.

So these abilities might not be communication with jinns at all and even if they are, jinns are invisible and see us when we're alone that's why they know so much about what we do behind closed doors that other people don't know. It means they can deduce stuff about us that we don't tell anyone, but it doesn't mean they can read our innermost thoughts.
                            This is very true.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post
                              I would be very wary of any psychologist who made a link between schizophrenia and mind reading, there is nothing to suggest this has anything to do with mental health issues. It sounds like a jinn/shayateen collaboration though. What I will say though is that most "fortune tellers" are just spouting generic stuff rather than actually seeking info from shayateen and our own confirmation biases allude this to be the truth. Anyone could claim that they are reading your thoughts and tell a bunch of stuff and by chance some of it could be true. Does not mean they have any kind reading abilities at all though.
                              The psychologist and I talked about something else, and she told me the full story and how she was freaked out. The patient repeated every single thought she had in mind. This was her own experience and now she's studying schizophrenia. It has nothing to do with fortunetelling and other occult stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X