Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmares

Assalamu Alaikum,
    While I was at the university one night I woke up at 3am after having a nightmare. I was in a creepy house walking in a hallway and on the walls were portraits of unknown people. Every time I looked at one of the portraits the person from it looked back at me. After I woke up I was shivering and couldn't fall asleep so I stood up and wanted to turn on the light so I would calm down. However, after I turned on the light the lightbulb broke and I was standing in a dark room shivering and feeling like I would die, I couldnt talk, and I almost had a heart attack. After that, I woke up at around 3am every day after having a nightmare. The most disturbing dream was when I went to bathroom and I looked at myself in the mirror and had completely red eyes, I got disturbed and started screaming but instead of a scream I heard a disturbing, evil laugh. The thing that frightened me the most is how real it felt. After that dream I stayed awake until 5am and then fell asleep because it became too stressful. I started being afraid of the dark and would almost start shivering after sun goes down. I eventually overcame it but I still feel the consequences after 2 years. I don't think I would be able to stay alone for a night.

Check your ibadaat ( +supplementary ) and dhikr. (+Daily)
    1 Juz Quran daily according to lunar calender.
    Try to be in a pious company.
    Nawafal Fasting.
    قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Wa alaikum us salaam,

Pray Isha before going to sleep.
      Sleep in a state of Wudhu.
      Recite the sunnah azkaar before sleeping... the duas seeking refuge from Shaitan and all other evil. Also, recite Ayatul Kursi and the 4 quls.
      Make a firm intention to wake up for Fajr and set an alarm for the same.
      If you indulge in sins during the daytime like listening to music, watching movies and the like, refrain from them completely.

Never, ever be scared of the dark or staying alone. Develop taqwa. Implement the teachings of the Shariah and Sunnah in your daily life. Be afraid of noone but Allah Almighty. Remember, He is All-Powerful and has control over all things.

Have faith that nothing in this world can scare the pious one who fears Allah and everything in this world will scare the person who does not fear Allah.

Comment

Avoid eating close to your bed time and see if it helps. 
        Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Working...
        X