Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about ruqyah

Assalam alaikum.

I posted a few weeks ago about how to go about doing ruqya. I was advised to look into ruqyashariah forums and I signed up. I posted a thread and have received responses from a raaqi that manages the forum.

However, I'm getting doubts about that website and need some feedback/advice regarding the treatment methods they prescribe.

Without going into details, the raaqi told me to read certain ayaat of the Quran a certain number of times, kind of like prescriptions for each issue. I was told to read salawaat, 4th kalima, tasbih Al Fatima, la ilaha illallah and la hawla each one a hundred times except 4th kalima 600 times a day. Nothing outside of the Quran, no unknown chantings.

I started doing it and felt immediately better for the first couple days. But then it was back to my old self. I continued reading then got doubts about this being a bida' ah. I also had multiple strange dreams and when I asked about these I was told that they don't interpret them. So it's really frustrating. Where do I go from here? For every symptom there is an "Amal" prescribed. So I've got about 4 now.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this? I tried googling and read up and didn't really get an answer. I feel like I'm getting into something that might lead me astray. Also whatever is afflicting me was clearly reacting to the readings so I'm really confused.

Jazakallahumma khairan for any help and advice.

Where about do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Where about do you live?
      United states. There's no legit raaqi in my area.Â*

Comment

You might want to read this:

"Ruqyah is of four types: that which is mentioned in the Sunnah (prophetic teachings) – it is prescribed and mustahabb to use it as ruqyah; that which is shirk or bid‘ah (an innovation) – it is haram (impermissible) to use it as ruqyah; that which is a permissible du‘a in which there is no shirk or bid‘ah, but it is not something that was narrated from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him and his family) – it is permissible to use this as ruqyah. Hence the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said concerning ruqyah: “There is nothing wrong with it so long as it is not shirk.”

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1751...ation-purposes
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by neemhakeem View Post

United states. There's no legit raaqi in my area.Â*
          You don’t need a ‘legit raaqi’ or anything of the sort. Go and see speak to your imam.

Comment

Pray all your prayers on time.Â*

Say your daily adhkaar.

Stay away from haraam.Â*

Recite Surah Baqarah daily.Â*

Make dua.Â*

Comment

You don’t need a ‘legit raaqi’ or anything of the sort. Go and see speak to your imam.
              I wouldn't be asking this over the internet if I had that option. And there are plenty of raaqi of the other kind. which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                You might want to read this:

"Ruqyah is of four types: that which is mentioned in the Sunnah (prophetic teachings) – it is prescribed and mustahabb to use it as ruqyah; that which is shirk or bid‘ah (an innovation) – it is haram (impermissible) to use it as ruqyah; that which is a permissible du‘a in which there is no shirk or bid‘ah, but it is not something that was narrated from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him and his family) – it is permissible to use this as ruqyah. Hence the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said concerning ruqyah: “There is nothing wrong with it so long as it is not shirk.”

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1751...ation-purposes
                JZK for sharing. Does this means that it's ok to read it? Im so confused.

Comment

I wouldn't be asking this over the internet if I had that option. And there are plenty of raaqi of the other kind. which is what I'm trying to avoid.
                  Why don't you have that option?

Comment

Because not everyone lives in Birmingham/Bradford/London.Â*

He could be in a remote farm in Texas, for all we know.Â*

Â*

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Because not everyone lives in Birmingham/Bradford/London.Â*

He could be in a remote farm in Texas, for all we know.Â*

Â*
                      That's why I asked.

-_-

Comment

By the way, there are lots of Muslims in Texas.Â*

Comment

Well I do live in an area with plenty of muslims, but the mosques don't have people doing ruqya. There was one raaqi here but he moved to, guess where? Texas. I am a bit apprehensive going to a male, which is why I'm trying to do it myself.

Comment

Well I do live in an area with plenty of muslims, but the mosques don't have people doing ruqya. There was one raaqi here but he moved to, guess where? Texas. I am a bit apprehensive going to a male, which is why I'm trying to do it myself.
                            Why haven't you learned to do it yourself? There are plenty of resources (books/lectures) available. You don't need anyone else to do this for you.

Comment

Why haven't you learned to do it yourself? There are plenty of resources (books/lectures) available. You don't need anyone else to do this for you.
                              Because it's scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X