Are They Victims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are They Victims?

Those afflicted with 'long term' problems are prone to all sorts of changes that can have detrimental effects on mood, behaviour, and thinking. Bearing this is mind, is it fair to exercise a little 'awareness' when interacting with people who have a history of suffering?

So r u suffering long time? Share ur problem

Comment

My cat smells like fire sometimes when hes outside after maghrib
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        My cat smells like fire sometimes when hes outside after maghrib
        Tell him to quit smoking
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
        ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

When someone talks about suffering for a long time in one thread, and in other threads they want to discuss and debate politics, is it reasonable to not take them as seriously as you normally would? I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            When someone talks about suffering for a long time in one thread, and in other threads they want to discuss and debate politics, is it reasonable to not take them as seriously as you normally would? I think it is.
            An illness can manifest itself with various symptoms. This thread just reduces sick people and their experiences to be dismissive, and thats shallow. But what else to expect here?
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

An illness can manifest itself with various symptoms. This thread just reduces sick people and their experiences to be dismissive, and thats shallow. But what else to expect here?
              You can easily post a rebuttal.

Comment

Are you trying to say that someone afflicted with black magic/possession will have a skewed perception of Politics?

Comment

You can easily post a rebuttal.
                  Just did? Whatever
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

​​​​​​Why not? Whether politics or anything else.
                    This really shows your ignorance. The prophets themselves were touched with these afflictions from shaytan.

"And remember Our slave Ayub (Job), when he invoked his lord (saying): "Verily! Shaitan (satan) has touched me with distress (by losing my health) and torment (by losing my wealth)" 38:41

Ayub wasn't ill for two or three days, it was for years. Did that make his intelligence, common sense, or knowledge any less? No of course not.

The messenger of Allah also had sihr done on him which affected him, didn't make him any less of a person or someone whose judgement should be questioned.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: A spell was put on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) until he imagined that he had done a thing when he had not done it. One day he made du’aa’ then he said: “Do you know that Allaah has shown me in what lies my cure? Two men came to me and one of them sat at my head and the other at my feet. One of them said to the other, ‘What is ailing the man?’ He said: ‘He has been bewitched.’ He said: “Who has bewitched him?’ He said: ‘Labeed ibn al-A’sam.’ He said, ‘With what?’ He said: ‘With a comb, the hair that is stuck to it, and the skin of pollen of a male date palm. He said: ‘Where is it?’ He said, ‘In the well of Dharwaan.’”
                    al-Bukhaari, 3268; Muslim, 2189.

Anyone with common sense would know that whether you take someone seriously or not should depend on their character and what they say, not what illness or test they are going through, unless they are insane in which case it would be obvious, and most people with sihr and the like are not insane. Otherwise you might as well stop taking people with diabetes or heart disease or cancer seriously as well. They're all illnesses. This is what was said about the prophet (saw) as well, the sihr that was done to him was no different than the poisoning.
                    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Are you trying to say that someone afflicted with black magic/possession will have a skewed perception of Politics?
                      It's possible, no?

Comment

It's possible, no?
                        One word: Pernicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

One word: Pernicious.
                          Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                            ...Anyone with common sense would know that whether you take someone seriously or not should depend on their character and what they say...
                            Of course, which is why I mentioned changes in mood, behaviour, and thinking. If the 'illness' has an adverse effect on mentality, it can change how someone thinks and behaves.

Comment

Those afflicted with 'long term' problems are prone to all sorts of changes that can have detrimental effects on mood, behaviour, and thinking. Bearing this is mind, is it fair to exercise a little 'awareness' when interacting with people who have a history of suffering?
                              Are tou referring to Jinn afflicted individuals and 2hat exactly do you mean by showing a little "awareness" ?

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                              X