Are They Victims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

You keep pushing this and it couldn't be further from the truth. We've had a few disagreements in the past. Just because we agree on a lot of things, you're trying to make out lie there is some kind of conspiracy.

Nothing but inflammatory comments.
    If anybody is posting inflammatory comments here it's him. But of course you won't say anything about that.
    ​​​​​​He accused me of mocking the quran, and we all know what that implies, then went on to accuse me of using someone else's IP, which as far as I remember is breaking forum rules. Now he starts questioning my mental health.

Please, don't talk to me about inflammatory comments unless you're going to address his posts.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post

If anybody is posting inflammatory comments here it's him. But of course you won't say anything about that.
      ​​​​​​He accused me of mocking the quran, and we all know what that implies, then went on to accuse me of using someone else's IP, which as far as I remember is breaking forum rules. Now he starts questioning my mental health.

Please, don't talk to me about inflammatory comments unless you're going to address his posts.
      It may come as a shock to you, but I haven't read every single one of his posts - especially if they're addressed to someone else.

None of the posts have been reported.

Comment

Those afflicted with 'long term' problems are prone to all sorts of changes that can have detrimental effects on mood, behaviour, and thinking. Bearing this is mind, is it fair to exercise a little 'awareness' when interacting with people who have a history of suffering?
        No.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
          Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
          "This has been denied by some people who said that this could not have happened to him, and they thought that it was a shortcoming and a fault. But it is not as they think, rather it comes under the heading of sickness and pain that befell him; it is a kind of illness which befell him just as he was also affected by poison there is no difference between the two.

Al-Qaadi Iyaad said: Witchcraft is a kind of sickness which happened to him like other kinds of sickness. That cannot be denied and it does not detract from his Prophethood."
          Zaad al-Ma'aad, 4/124
          You are confusing the issue and I wish you'd stop. Ask a scholar about this matter as you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself.

People denied that Sihr happened at all to the Prophet, peace be upon him. They considered it a defect and impossible and thus, this became a way that some tried to criticize authentic Hadith or the correct understanding of them. So, Ibn Qayyim and scholars of Ahl as-Sunnah defended the Ahadith and their proper understanding. They did so by explaining how the Sihr effected the Prophet was different than everyone else.

The difference between the Prophet and anyone else is not that he wasn't effected at all, but rather that it could not possibly have effected his intellect, heart and beliefs.

Ibn Qayyim and al-Qadi Iyaadh are not equating illnesses in the sense of their qualities, but rather the equality of the Prophet, peace be upon him, as a human being and being effected by illness or injury.

To be clear-

The Prophet is the same as everyone else in that he was effected by illness and injury.
          How the Prophet was effected was not the same as everyone else.
          Sihr and Jinn-related afflictions are not the same as purely physical injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Fais View Post

No.
            Everyone should be taken seriously even if they lack capacity or have other mental/emotional problems?

Comment

Extremely judgemental thread.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
                Extremely judgemental thread.
                Welcome to Ummah Forum. You must be new here.

-_-

Comment

Welcome to Ummah Forum. You must be new here.

-_-
                  Good you admitted it.

Comment

Good you admitted it.
                    Admitted what?

Comment

Admitted what?
                      That you're thread is extremely judgemental.

Comment

Lol i knew who liked that comment before i even clicked it.

Comment

That you're thread is extremely judgemental.
                          I don't think it's extreme at all.

Comment

Yh that was probably an... extreme word

Comment

Yh that was probably an... extreme word
                              Insightful.

Anything relevant to add?

Comment

No carry on

Comment

Working...